West Coast of Florida Gathering @ Westchase Golf Club

I still haven't gotten a hybrid. I need to get on the stick....no pun intended. (I do have a one-iron lurking in the closet.)

Better hope that 1 iron has 18 degrees of loft!

I'm pondering just demo'ing an 18 degree hybrid for the day if the shop I'll be going to will allow it.

Just a quick update, as long as it is a hybrid I am moving the loft limit to 17*. I don't care how you get one or if you have one at all. NO WOODS in the bag, irons and or hybrids. We are going to have a great time!

DDelise have fun with your buds, there will be another orlando outing early 2012 in Orlando. We gotta get a crew on GC again before the outing.

Just a quick update, as long as it is a hybrid I am moving the loft limit to 17*. I don't care how you get one or if you have one at all. NO WOODS in the bag, irons and or hybrids. We are going to have a great time!

DDelise have fun with your buds, there will be another orlando outing early 2012 in Orlando. We gotta get a crew on GC again before the outing.
I am thinking now I need a 17* Hybrid...

SO it started out as a 3 iron and now we are at 17*?

I am quoting myself for accuracy...I have stood on the 18* hybrid mark and it will have to remain that way. This is the longest club in the bag. Sorry guys...
That is correct sir, nothing more than an 18* hybrid or 3 hybrid. But feel free to carry 14 clubs of you choosing from the 3 hybrid down

I dont know what we have here at THP HQ, but I will make sure that we bring any and all hybrids that are loft appropriate with us to this gathering so people can put something in the bag if they would like to.

I dont know what we have here at THP HQ, but I will make sure that we bring any and all hybrids that are loft appropriate with us to this gathering so people can put something in the bag if they would like to.

Thank you, my bag tops out at 21* otherwise.

That is awesome.

Thanks JB.

Thank you, my bag tops out at 21* otherwise.
Other than my irons, I have a 19* 3H. May have to look around for another hybrid option.

Thanks JB.

Other than my irons, I have a 19* 3H. May have to look around for another hybrid option.

I'm just gonna rock the 21* all day. Hit it well yesterday, but last time at Westchase I somehow managed to hit it backwards. The expression on JB's face was priceless.

I'm just gonna rock the 21* all day. Hit it well yesterday, but last time at Westchase I somehow managed to hit it backwards. The expression on JB's face was priceless.

Details needed for this one!

That's very cool of you jb.

Does this mean I can't even bring my driver or wood even though it won't come out of the bag? Will there be a tournament official there checking? Can my grooves be nonconforming? Can I bring exploding golf balls? I hope I don't have to pee in a cup. (Ya know I got all those sponsors givin me freebies for the 2012 outing.):laughing:

Does this mean I can't even bring my driver or wood even though it won't come out of the bag? Will there be a tournament official there checking? Can my grooves be nonconforming? Can I bring exploding golf balls? I hope I don't have to pee in a cup. (Ya know I got all those sponsors givin me freebies for the 2012 outing.):laughing:
No. No. Yes. Depends on who you give them to. No cup peeing.

This is going to be a great format! my 2 iron squeaks by with 18 degrees of loft hehe.

I would like to thank everyone for giving me the perfect excuse to finally pull the trigger and buy a hybrid. According to FedEx ... it left Houston this morning and is working its way across the Southeast as we speak. Go truck driver! Go!

I would like to thank everyone for giving me the perfect excuse to finally pull the trigger and buy a hybrid. According to FedEx ... it left Houston this morning and is working its way across the Southeast as we speak. Go truck driver! Go!
What did you get?

Glad to see the gathering has inspired some club ho'ing. Less than 3 weeks till we tee off!

I'm bringing my extra 18* Sonartec hybrid if someone needs borrow one for the round.

@ WarEagle ... I got the FT iz 21* ... used from Golfsmith. The reviews were positive, and I wanted to go slow with a used stick while I find my game with hybrids.

callawayr-ft-iz-hybrid.jpg

@ WarEagle ... I got the FT iz 21* ... used from Golfsmith. The reviews were positive, and I wanted to go slow with a used stick while I find my game with hybrids.

callawayr-ft-iz-hybrid.jpg

Hope it does well for you, I have always had a hard time finding hybrids that work well with me, probably the reason the Hybrid I game is from 2005.

I'm bringing my extra 18* Sonartec hybrid if someone needs borrow one for the round.

I may give it a whirl at the range, not sure if I'll be able to hit it but I'll try lol.. My buddies keep trying to talk me into one of those new fangled fancy things.

Sure looks like a fun golf course. I'm really looking forward to playing it.

SW...I believe I've seen that shot before :D

Back