the boss

golf addict help me!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys and thanks for past help.

My problem at the minute is my wedges my driver woods and irons are all going well but my wedges are going left of target.
Theres no draw or fade on the flight there just going straight left of where im aiming any ideas or advice would be great.
Cheers Darren

the boss - You will not see much if any ball curvature with a wedge because there is so much loft on the club. However when you start taking loft away and move into the longer clubs more side spin is generated hence more curvature. Make sense.

Two things then you would need to find out. Is it path, alignment, clubface, or your lie angle is not correct.
Are you tending to hit heavy shots as well? If so, that could mean your lie angle is not correct.
If it is your path you will see some type of divot going well left of your intended target.

My initial thoughts would be that its lie angle or clubface. I see too many people put too much forward lean on the shaft with a wedge and they get the clubface hooded or closed at setup. Then, at impact it is closed as well.

For your lie angles, seek a PGA Professional to do a wedge fitting with you and have them get your correct lie angle.
Patrick Nuber
PGA Certified Professional
GolfTEC - Golden, CO

I will gte my angles checked but the last line describes what i do well i do lean my wedges forward alot. Thanks for the advice will report back soon.

Back