check2.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
check2.png
check2.png
check2.png
x_red.png
66.7%61.1%

Well it was something I have been wanting to do as of late so I figured I would get out and see how well I could do. And the picture speaks for itself, granted it was the red tees, I shot my personal best and something I'm very pleased with.
The weather wasn't the best, started raining on the 3rd hole, but after that it went away and it was just the wind I had to battle but all in all it was a great day for golf- mid 60s.
Course management played a huge role after the 9th hole, I stopped pulling driver except on number 16, and it shows how well I could play. The back nine was a new personal best for 9 holes and despite it being on the reds it's still something I'm very proud of.

It's fun to do sometimes. My lowest round ever - 80 - was from around 5,300 yards. Nice score!

Good shooting, I should try the junior tee's for the heck of it with my daughter - though she'd probably beat me!

Nice round.

Great round bud! Playing from forward tees can really help you learn to score well. Great day!

206 yard par 4 hehe.

Hit a 5 iron into the wind, on in one, nice easy two putt for birdie :D hehe
Thanks everyone I never though I would shoot better I just thought it would be another average round. Again thank you really means alot

Hit a 5 iron into the wind, on in one, nice easy two putt for birdie :D hehe
Thanks everyone I never though I would shoot better I just thought it would be another average round. Again thank you really means alot

Wow that's a pretty hefty 5 iron, nice shot.

Wow- great round. 73 is unreal no matter what tees you played from.

73 is solid! There is a course right around the corner from me that you can play all day for one fee. I think I might try and do this as my play again round

I have not tried playing from the forward tees in quite a few years.
I should do that.
Good round !

He's longer than you dude. And half the size.

Appreciate the kind words TC, I strive for a good compression/good ball striking, probably my best attribute golf wise.

73 is solid! There is a course right around the corner from me that you can play all day for one fee. I think I might try and do this as my play again round

Do it chunky and tell me about your experience! Like I said I had a lot of fun since it was different and would do it again just not the next time out.

Great round. I know from experience that the forward tees are definitely not always the easiest. I play two sets of tees at our course on a regular basis and often shoot better from the farther ones (900 yards longer) than the shorter. It's an entirely different game from each and I like mixing it up so that I play different clubs on a regular basis.

I've seen you strike balls in your vids, and one thing's for sure, you can groove it. What i like about your round is that you didn't let the front 9 get to you and you came back with a very impressive score on the back. I don't care what the distance is, 3 under on a 9 is solid.

Great round. I know from experience that the forward tees are definitely not always the easiest. I play two sets of tees at our course on a regular basis and often shoot better from the farther ones (900 yards longer) than the shorter. It's an entirely different game from each and I like mixing it up so that I play different clubs on a regular basis.

It's crazy how that works isn't it KB? It's different and in a fun way. I may have to try the whites next time, I'm sure it'd be more of a challenge.

I've seen you strike balls in your vids, and one thing's for sure, you can groove it. What i like about your round is that you didn't let the front 9 get to you and you came back with a very impressive score on the back. I don't care what the distance is, 3 under on a 9 is solid.

Thanks TC it means a lot. Yeah like I mentioned #9 is what changed the round for me. I pulled driver(dumb decision) and hooked it into the weeds-lost ball so then I hit another to the 100 yard marker. That's all I kept focusing on just get to a wedge/9 iron and I'm gold. That back to back birdies is what really impressed me. Granted they were par 5s- both I was on in two shots so two putt for birdie is what I really loved, it felt amazing really.

Thanks again everyone I really appreciate the kind words it really means a lot to me.

Three PAR 5's under 420yds, that would be fun. Nice Round!!!

Great round bud! Playing from forward tees can really help you learn to score well. Great day!
Huh? He's a 7 handicap, I would think he knows how to score. If a 20+ handicapper did this, I would be impressed. Interesting experiment though.

Huh? He's a 7 handicap, I would think he knows how to score. If a 20+ handicapper did this, I would be impressed. Interesting experiment though.

A 7 cap knows how to score compared to who?

A 7cap can watch and try and learn to score like a scratch. It's all relative and you can always score better.

It's like a 25 capper that's frustrated, but says they wouldn't be frustrated if they could shoot in the 70s every time. Sure they would. It's all relative to score vs expectations vs potential.

Good round TC1, I need to try this sometime....I can't even remember that last time I played from the middle tees.

Gotta love a 361 yard Par 5!! I looked and my home course is just over 5100 from the Red Tees...that might be fun...gotta do it when it's slow so nobody calls me ma'am :D

Back