The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a team in new orleans that might put up quite the fight. We've seen that brees and company can light up the score board on a given day. I do agree with you about the packers d, I wouldn't trust them in a shootout.
--
tapatalk

You do know that the Packers beat the Saints - with a goalline stand - in a shootout? Granted I I wouldn't bet money that it would happen again.

Yep, and how often are roles reversed when teams meet again in the playoffs?

--
tapatalk

Oh there is no doubt that NO has the offense that can keep up with Green Bay. Giants might too. If Romo ever got his head out of his butt that might be interesting as well.

You do know that the Packers beat the Saints - with a goalline stand - in a shootout? Granted I I wouldn't bet money that it would happen again.

Me either.

--
tapatalk

Oh there is no doubt that NO has the offense that can keep up with Green Bay. Giants might too. If Romo ever got his head out of his butt that might be interesting as well.

Lol at the last part. Might have better luck getting blood from a turnip. I would like to see #94 chase Aaron around though.

--
tapatalk

I could see Dallas beating GB...its really a flip of the romo though.

I wouldn't discount the NFC South that much.

I just don't see it happening. Yes the games could be and probably will be high scoring. What the Packers haven't faced yet is scary D and they could possibly walk all the way to new rings if they get the Pats. Not a D in the NFC south that can get the job done.

Or the Giants. Maybe even the Cowboys. There are several teams in the NFC that could pose a problem for the Packers. The AFC worries me less.

Kevin

Thing with the AFC is the really competitive games are pure ugly. Take the Ravens, you probably won't put up 35 on them even if they are a little off. Could the Ravens put up 35 on the Pack? Yup. I don't see any team but the niners, even though you can throw on them, knocking the Pack off their game. You are right about the Cowboys. They are looking pretty sharp and do have the ability to mess with the Packer's O.

AFC should be worrisome. If the Ravens get there the Pack D better have the best game of their season.

There is a team in new orleans that might put up quite the fight. We've seen that brees and company can light up the score board on a given day. I do agree with you about the packers d, I wouldn't trust them in a shootout.
--
tapatalk

Saints could do it, but I don't think they will.

I think that team in New Orleans already played that team in Green Bay and yes it was a shoot out and the Green Bay team won.. 42-34

This is why I say the Saints could do it. My gut says no, but it's possible.

Also, the Packers have had a pretty pansy schedule all things considered.

Last edited:
The Niners combo of red zone D and running game will wreck the Pack. At least that's what I think. I also think the Niners are the best team in the league. Opinions, opinions.

I think they lose tomorrow.

Sorry Kevin.

--
tapatalk

The Niners combo of red zone D and running game will wreck the Pack. At least that's what I think. I also think the Niners are the best team in the league. Opinions, opinions.

NFC West...instant loss of creditability as a real team lol

They've beaten other good teams. Like the Lions who some people think will beat the Pack tomorrow. Or the Giants. Their linebacking core is scary good and of course Frank Gore is just a beast.

Lol, seriously though what's their record outside the division.

I'm still impressed with them though. That's a team that just needs to be competitive for the good of the league.

--
tapatalk

I'm still impressed with them though. That's a team that just needs to be competitive for the good of the league.

--
tapatalk

They're 7-1 out of division, 2-0 in division. Only loss to the 'Boys. That bodes well for them because they hve a bunch of division games left after this and their division sucks. After tomorrow they finish off with 4 division games and one against the Steelers. Their two remaining non-division games are tough ones though (Ravens and Steelers).

--
tapatalk

They are 7-1 outside of it...They arent a bad team I am just waiting for the typical NFC West meltdown

Niners v Ravens. Game o the week.

Brother v Brother. Who will knock down who with a handshake at midfield?

They are 7-1 outside of it...They arent a bad team I am just waiting for the typical NFC West meltdown

I doubt it will happen. Like I said only two out of division games (also read as losable games) left. If they lose both of those and win the easy ones, they go 13-3. Very good. Likely #2 seed in the NFC. And their D will hold them afloat in the playoffs. Niners will win the Super Bowl. You heard it here first folks.

Fred Jackson on IR and Orton claimed by the Chiefs.

Cowboys and Bears also both put in claims for him which says a lot about the fact that Romo isn't safe in Dallas.

How do you get that?

I think they lose tomorrow.

Sorry Kevin.

--
tapatalk

It's not unlikely. If they win, though, I think they then go on to run the regular season table.

Kevin

It's not unlikely. If they win, though, I think they then go on to run the regular season table.

Kevin

I agree.

--
tapatalk

I agree.

--
tapatalk

And to be honest, that concerns me a little. I keep expecting the defense to improve, and thought the Vikings game was the turning point, but they crapped themselves against the Bucs. Yet in almost every game they've made key interceptions late in games or when it looks like a team is going to take the lead. Hell, they have not trailed in the fourth quarter in 15 or 16 games. They are the ultimate front runners.

Kevin

And to be honest, that concerns me a little. I keep expecting the defense to improve, and thought the Vikings game was the turning point, but they crapped themselves against the Bucs. Yet in almost every game they've made key interceptions late in games or when it looks like a team is going to take the lead. Hell, they have not trailed in the fourth quarter in 15 or 16 games. They are the ultimate front runners.

Kevin

I'm interested to see how their D fares against Frank Gore. And if ARod can score on the Niners red zone D. I think that would/will be a great game.

I'm interested to see how their D fares against Frank Gore. And if ARod can score on the Niners red zone D. I think that would/will be a great game.

They recently shut down both Peterson and Forte. They should be able to do the same against Gore. They have more problems with the Sproles of the world.

Kevin

They recently shut down both Peterson and Forte. They should be able to do the same against Gore. They have more problems with the Sproles of the world.

Kevin

I forgot about that. I'd still love to see that game.

Fred Jackson on IR and Orton claimed by the Chiefs.

Cowboys and Bears also both put in claims for him which says a lot about the fact that Romo isn't safe in Dallas.

Or Kitna isnt safe.
I gotta agree here, I've never been a big Orton fan, but I think he'd be higher on my wish list than Kitna if I had to look to the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back