Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But not for me.

Hahaha. I deleted and reposted because I wanted them together!

Frost delays. I really hope this doesn't last much longer.

I really don't know if this is a rant or not but I'm hoping for a better day today.

Okay so I did manage a great range session at the dome and had a good workout yesterday. However, yesterday seemed to be a total exercise in Murphy's Law. You know I would like to meet Murphy and kick him square in the nutsack. It was one of those days yesterday while ironing my sons uniform for cadets I burn my freaking hand with the iron. Fine... it's only one thing and who cares if it's only 830. While out and about yesterday I think my vehicle had a bullseye on it. I got cut off no less than 5 times while heading to the range and home including one guy who was on a cell phone nearly takes me out. Fine... these things sort of happen. But then while at WalMart looking for shoe polish for my son for said cadet uniform some idiot not paying attention spills an XL coke from Mcd's down the front of my shirt and pants...no apology. Did I mention it was my favourite white Sligo shirt? At least the trousers were black. So as I leave WalMart while walking back to my car what happens? Glad you asked. I get hit by a car backing out. They didn't see me. My knee and thigh kills...like a massive Charley Horse.

Today will be a better day.

Alex

I really don't know if this is a rant or not but I'm hoping for a better day today.

Okay so I did manage a great range session at the dome and had a good workout yesterday. However, yesterday seemed to be a total exercise in Murphy's Law. You know I would like to meet Murphy and kick him square in the nutsack. It was one of those days yesterday while ironing my sons uniform for cadets I burn my freaking hand with the iron. Fine... it's only one thing and who cares if it's only 830. While out and about yesterday I think my vehicle had a bullseye on it. I got cut off no less than 5 times while heading to the range and home including one guy who was on a cell phone nearly takes me out. Fine... these things sort of happen. But then while at WalMart looking for shoe polish for my son for said cadet uniform some idiot not paying attention spills an XL coke from Mcd's down the front of my shirt and pants...no apology. Did I mention it was my favourite white Sligo shirt? At least the trousers were black. So as I leave WalMart while walking back to my car what happens? Glad you asked. I get hit by a car backing out. They didn't see me. My knee and thigh kills...like a massive Charley Horse.

Alex

I woulda freaked out on several of those people and made them pay for any and all damages. People suck. A lot.

Pre-Rant: My oldest son leaves today (2:45 PM) for a Varsity Basketball tournament in Georgetown, Texas (4 hours away). My son is NOTORIOUS for leaving without socks, underwear, toothbrush...something....anything. I have this distinct feeling that no matter how hard my wife and I work to make sure he remembers everything, I'm gonna' get that call once he's gone. Good part is, I'll respond with my usual "Well Son, you should have done a better job at being responsible; you're going off to college in a few months....figure it out!" He always seems to get it figured out, one way or the other, but I rant about it anyway.

Alex

That is about where I would have lost it, the guy would have been wanting an apology from me by time I finished with him. Then when the guy hit me with the car, he would have needed to be bigger than me or he would have been hurting more than my knee and thigh. Sorry about the cruddy day, hope today is awesome for you.

I woulda freaked out on several of those people and made them pay for any and all damages. People suck. A lot.

I was about ready to snap before getting to WalMart. LOL..i even texted my wife saying as much. I wanted to when the Coke incident happened because that was THE breaking point on the day. But I thought that it wouldn't change anything...you can't cange the past. It wouldn't solve anything. You're right I could've tried to get them for damages but I was at the point of "Seriously?". As far as the people who hit me they were very apologetic.. so it helped.

Alex

Pre-Rant: My oldest son leaves today (2:45 PM) for a Varsity Basketball tournament in Georgetown, Texas (4 hours away). My son is NOTORIOUS for leaving without socks, underwear, toothbrush...something....anything. I have this distinct feeling that no matter how hard my wife and I work to make sure he remembers everything, I'm gonna' get that call once he's gone. Good part is, I'll respond with my usual "Well Son, you should have done a better job at being responsible; you're going off to college in a few months....figure it out!" He always seems to get it figured out, one way or the other, but I rant about it anyway.

Well... at least he's consistent. LOL That's a good personality trait. Well... when you need the rant... we're here for ya.

Alex

That is about where I would have lost it, the guy would have been wanting an apology from me by time I finished with him. Then when the guy hit me with the car, he would have needed to be bigger than me or he would have been hurting more than my knee and thigh. Sorry about the cruddy day, hope today is awesome for you.

Oh I hear you. I'm not a small guy but not huge (6'0" 220). The people driving the car were a really cute, tiny elderly couple... they had Scottish accents. The irony was the bumper sticker "I'd rather be driving a Titleist". Come on!!! Are you kidding me?

Alex

Uh, I thought my round today would be good. I'm a single walker so I figured it would take me a bit over 3 hours. Instead, because of the frost delay, I got paired with a 4 some so there's 5 of us now. And they aren't very good. This round is gonna suck.

Uh, I thought my round today would be good. I'm a single walker so I figured it would take me a bit over 3 hours. Instead, because of the frost delay, I got paired with a 4 some so there's 5 of us now. And they aren't very good. This round is gonna suck.

Try and enjoy it, maybe you can jump ahead after a few holes?

MY rant is that I am not cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year. We are going to my wifes friends house. I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner! Now there will be no leftovers

Try and enjoy it, maybe you can jump ahead after a few holes?

Maybe. They're pretty cool dudes so it isn't as bad as I thought.

being sick and not being able to play golf this morning

I'm working until 1pm today while Ole Gray plays golf. Not to mention I cooked all evening and I have to finish cooking when I get home. Something is wrong with this picture! I know who is doing dishes and massaging my feet tonight. :act-up:

I know who doesn't know that right now lol

I'm working until 1pm today while Ole Gray plays golf. Not to mention I cooked all evening and I have to finish cooking when I get home. Something is wrong with this picture! I know who is doing dishes and massaging my feet tonight. :act-up:

You are a better man than me. I would have exploded on the guy in Walmart. I can understand getting hit in the parking lot-- it happens.

Alex

Supposed to be 65 and sunny today and right now its 46 and about to rain?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back