Things turning for Tiger?

PGA of America earned 17 million dollars on that Ryder Cup. All those guys have charities (tax shelters) they want to make sure get money to do good, but also for writeoffs. If my charity wasn't benefitting from that 17million and that money was raised due to my being there playing in the vent, I'd probably say something too.

I've never had a problem with players not going to certain courses for whatever reason. There are some courses around me that I hate playing. If I were playing for a living, why would I go to a course I don't like when I know it will probably affect my play there? It just seems like a total waste of time and money.
Because you should try to support the Tour that made you rich? How would you like it if the Tour started losing a ton of events like the LPGA did and one day a third of the tournaments in this country were majors? And half of the tournaments were in other countries? I doubt it would get that bad, but if tour stops keep losing money because the big names are too good to come, those stops will disappear.

PGA of America earned 17 million dollars on that Ryder Cup. All those guys have charities (tax shelters) they want to make sure get money to do good, but also for writeoffs. If my charity wasn't benefitting from that 17million and that money was raised due to my being there playing in the vent, I'd probably say something too.

I've never had a problem with players not going to certain courses for whatever reason. There are some courses around me that I hate playing. If I were playing for a living, why would I go to a course I don't like when I know it will probably affect my play there? It just seems like a total waste of time and money.

The first rumblings about getting paid came from O'Meara and Woods in 1997. Before the '99 matches Mickelson and Duvall got on board. The charity stuff came out after everyone was aghast at what Woods and his older friend were saying. Mahan's another dandy. Likening the playing in the Ryder Cup to slavery in 2008.

Screw 'em. I can't stand Tiger Woods for a lot of reasons.

Kevin

I think its about time the tour needs a shakedown anyways. Too many crappy events IMO.

Because you should try to support the Tour that made you rich? How would you like it if the Tour started losing a ton of events like the LPGA did and one day a third of the tournaments in this country were majors? And half of the tournaments were in other countries? I doubt it would get that bad, but if tour stops keep losing money because the big names are too good to come, those stops will disappear.

I think its about time the tour needs a shakedown anyways. Too many crappy events IMO.
But why are they crappy? Because the big stars are too good to come?

I agree with this. Not crappy for a lot of lower-level Tour players, but not worth watching. There's so many events, and I don't think it should be that way. There shouldn't be an event every week.

I'm sure the charities that benefit form those events, the businesses that make money off them, and the residents of the communities that enjoy supporting and attending them are impressed a 21 year old Canadian feels that way.

Kevin

Meh. Im all for supporting charities, but putting more money into appearance fees would exponentialize charity results.

I'm sure the charities that benefit form those events, the businesses that make money off them, and the residents of the communities that enjoy supporting and attending them are impressed a 21 year old Canadian feels that way.

Kevin

Meh. Im all for supporting charities, but putting more money into appearance fees would exponentialize charity results.

I would tend to agree with this.

The first rumblings about getting paid came from O'Meara and Woods in 1997. Before the '99 matches Mickelson and Duvall got on board. The charity stuff came out after everyone was aghast at what Woods and his older friend were saying. Mahan's another dandy. Likening the playing in the Ryder Cup to slavery in 2008.

Screw 'em. I can't stand Tiger Woods for a lot of reasons.

Kevin

Mahan's comments were a shot at the galas and other non golf events the players have to do on top of the actual golf.

As far as the charity stuff, sounds like lack of explanation said on a public stage where the media can twist it instead of behind closed doors where it can't be twisted or a mountain made out of a mole hill. Since none of us are in their positions, we don't know what hoops they actually have to jump through for these things.

Mahan's comments were a shot at the galas and other non golf events the players have to do on top of the actual golf.

As far as the charity stuff, sounds like lack of explanation said on a public stage where the media can twist it instead of behind closed doors where it can't be twisted or a mountain made out of a mole hill. Since none of us are in their positions, we don't know what hoops they actually have to jump through for these things.
Awww, poor little rich men. Sucks they are expected to give a little back to the sport that made them millions. I'd complain too.

If they don't like it, turn down the opportunity. No one says you have to go just because you qualify.

If they don't like it, turn down the opportunity. No one says you have to go just because you qualify.

But then they look even worse than of they just complain! And they sure as hell don't want that.

Awww, poor little rich men. Sucks they are expected to give a little back to the sport that made them millions. I'd complain too.

Would you be fired up about going to a work party after a long day of work, and you have to be up early the next day? My answer is sometimes yes, but sometimes not. How good is the party for one

Would you be fired up about going to a work party after a long day of work, and you have to be up early the next day? My answer is sometimes yes, but sometimes not. How good is the party for one
Apples to oranges.

I don't see it that way personally. Care to explain why you think that?
These are golfers. They know what the whole Ryder Cup things involves. They can turn it down if they can't handle the responsibility that goes with it.

You on the other hand, might be required by your job to go to some party and have to be in at work at 6AM. Totally different. Oh, and they are golfers.

These are golfers. They know what the whole Ryder Cup things involves. They can turn it down if they can't handle the responsibility that goes with it.

You on the other hand, might be required by your job to go to some party and have to be in at work at 6AM. Totally different. Oh, and they are golfers.

A job is a job is a job. They just get to have a bit more fun.

Well this is their job is it not? It's a special assignment yes, and they're required to go to this party. They may have an awesome job, but it's still a job. There's probably a reason they all don't play every single week.

Well this is their job is it not? It's a special assignment yes, and they're required to go to this party. They may have an awesome job, but it's still a job. There's probably a reason they all don't play every single week.
Then don't go! Simple solution to a whiny problem.

I don't see them losing their "job" if they turn down a Ryder Cup week.

Then don't go! Simple solution to a whiny problem.

I don't see them losing their "job" if they turn down a Ryder Cup week.

Odd, the second part of your message didn't show up until I quoted it. Damn iPod...

They may not lose their job, but it could certainly affect their financial situation. Decline, get ridiculed by media and sponsors. Current and future sponsors in jeopardy. I wonder if there's a fine for conduct unbecoming of a professional as well just for insult to injury haha

Guys should make their schedules as they see fit.

If you can't attract any of the top players to your event, there is a reason. Find out what it is and change it. Improve your venue or amenities or try to get your date changed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Guys, if someone paid me millions of dollars a year, I'd be expecting some demands on my time.

Too many of these rich kids are cocooned in their little world.

Standardise prize money on regular events, ban appearance fees, introduce a rotational system.

A job is a job is a job. They just get to have a bit more fun.

No, its not part of their job. You can spin it that they lose sponsors, but we all know that would not happen. Nobody has said someone has to play. Dont accept the bid and say its family related.

Accepting a bid for something that is about representing ones country and then bitching and moaning about money and time involved is possibly the most selfish move one can make as an athlete.

The whole idea of the "That tournament sucks" is absolutely ridiculous. THe only reason someone does not like a tournament is based on field. If TW or other top stars all of the sudden decided to play some other events, you would say "wow, what a great course and tournament".

Guys, if someone paid me millions of dollars a year, I'd be expecting some demands on my time.

Standardise prize money on regular events, ban appearance fees, introduce a rotational system.

Exactly.

Last edited:
I just hope he doesn't win the Masters. Go Lee Westwood!

Boom. Paulo speaks the truth. Actually I wish prize money would come down after the bursting of the Tiger bubble. Maybe some of these primadonnas might feel like winning a tournament is important. For a guy like Hunter Mahan, who has done more gagging than winning, to mention the world slavery when he makes multiple millions as an also ran pisses me off. A lot.

Love your accent by the way, Paulo. I could listen to it all day.

Kevin

Back