Custom Method

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey THP'ers, so I haven't been on lately due to the season changing and I've been focusing more on snowboarding. Glad I came to check back in, lots of new stuff I haven't even heard of! So I was wondering how many THP'ers ski or snowboard during the off-season. I am an avid snowboarder and will be riding a 2011 Capita Indoor Survival FK with Cyan Union Force binders.

We love to snowboard but haven't been since having kids 5 years ago. Also happened to coincide w us getting burglarized and mr blind 9s board, boots, bindings, and clothes all were stolen. He hasn't replaced them since so if we go up to ride, he'll be renting. I have an old k2 women's board, but I don't love it. Too much chatter. With a newborn I'm sure I won't go out the year, but I hope we will get out to Salt Lake next year.

Man that sucks, I can't believe those who steal gear, I've thought of like somehow putting my name on my board or hiding a piece of laminated paper under my binding. But then i guess I could just write down the serial number...did you look on craigslist to see if the burglar put it there. Some are dumb enough to do that...

Never been skiing or snowboarding in my life. Always wanted to try, I have a lot of friends that go pretty often in the winter. I tried water skiing once and it didn't go so well, so hopefully if I try snow skiing it will go better.

U want to get into snowboarding.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I think water skiing is easier than snow skiing (once you get up) but i found snowboarding easier than skiing because it's easier to turn and stop. Also i found that ripsticks help learning the fundamentals of boarding.

Haha I cant water ski to save my life but I used to be really good on the mountain. Nothing more fun then riding backwards down the bunny slope while holding my nephews hands as he was learning to ski.

I've recently learned to Snowboard and I'm loving it so far. Had about 6 lessons and now confident enough to hit the slope on my own. I got past the initial panic of pointing my board downhill! :D

I've been looking at buying my own equipment, but to be honest I don't know much about it yet. I have an instructor friend, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to help me out!

In the past I would go skiing every winter but for the last 5 years I haven't made time for it I'm not really sure why... I do want to get back out there, maybe this year!

I've been looking at buying my own equipment, but to be honest I don't know much about it yet. I have an instructor friend, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to help me out!

Lemmie know what you're looking for Paulo and I can help you out.

I'm heading up tonight for my first run of the year. It'll be nice to get the kinks out now that my Dr has given his approval.

Rocking a Salomon Special, speed waxed with Rome Arsenal's and Salomon Malamute boots. I think I'm going to pick up a Salomon Titan as my 2nd board this year with my Alibi dying to a tree last year.

This is my favorite time of year. Cold enough on the mountains to board, warm enough to golf in the same day.

I'm a big time skier and will headed to Breckenridge and Tahoe early next year.

been boarding for years and really love it when i get the chance.

like everything in scotland, we get the weather but its not the right type..usually icy snow cover and lots of wind..we do get the ocasional good season, and now have a real snow indoor facility in glasgow.

glencoe, nevis and cairngorms are all driving distance from me. Paulo, if your going up north, Glencoe has a great run called the plateau which is great for starting up. long and easy with a few jumps if you fancy it.

got my own gear years ago, but mostly rent now as its easier.

If anybody has equipment q's ask meh. I know waaayyyyy to much about snowboarding equipment...

I go all the time used to ski but have only snowboarded the last ten yrs or so.
No snow here but 2.5 hrs away we have the mountains out of LA

Here's my board( b4 stickering) next to my Defenders of Awseome pre release movie poster signed by Dan Brisse...
Picture016edited.jpg

I have skied all my life but gave it up a few years ago. I still want to go but sold all my gear except my boots. I loved the long weekends at snowshoe when it snowed almost a foot everynight and hitting fresh powder in the morning but now I have to pick and choose my passions and a few others top skiing.

Lemmie know what you're looking for Paulo and I can help you out.

As I said, I'm just starting out, so no idea what I'm looking for really. First off, I'd really like my own boots! Been tentatively looking around and seem to like a lot of Burton and Salomon stuff (although not the prices!).

Paulo, if your going up north, Glencoe has a great run called the plateau which is great for starting up. long and easy with a few jumps if you fancy it.

got my own gear years ago, but mostly rent now as its easier.

Excellent. I'd like to try out a real run, as the indoor one is usually quite crowded, and the practice hill is just tiny. My instructor pal also recommended Glenshee, ever tried that out?

As I said, I'm just starting out, so no idea what I'm looking for really. First off, I'd really like my own boots! Been tentatively looking around and seem to like a lot of Burton and Salomon stuff (although not the prices!).

Excellent. I'd like to try out a real run, as the indoor one is usually quite crowded, and the practice hill is just tiny. My instructor pal also recommended Glenshee, ever tried that out?

Glencoe, glenshee, Nevis, the lecht and the cairngorms. Tried them all the first few years I was boarding. Conditions usually dictate where you go and hoe far you can be bothered driving. Cairngorms was always my favourite, big long sweeping runs, with routes as hard as you want to make them. Also a board park if you are into tricks and jumps. Glenshee is huge, but found you only ever used half of it as it was split over 2 sides of the road. Sure your mate will know the best runs. Glencoe is closest and Nevis is just up the road from it so we went to them the most.

I got fitted online fir a 162 board. Ppl I know that board said that's long for a beginner? Thoughts?

Spend more money on boots to start with then anything else. A good pair of boots will make or break you in boarding. They should fit to the T, don't settle for something "good enough". Having sore or chaffed feet makes for a terrible day. A good pair of boots will also last you years. I have a pair from when I started doing speed boarding 5 years ago and they're still in great condition and going strong.

Nothing is more important then boots, especially to a beginner.

I got fitted online fir a 162 board. Ppl I know that board said that's long for a beginner? Thoughts?

Beginner or expert has nothing to do with board size. It's about your height, weight and how big your feet are. The taller and heavier you are, the larger board you need. The bigger your feet are the more one has to look into "Wide" style boards.

We will be doing a fair amount of downhill and cross-country skiing this year. We may get snowshoes also.

Height, Weight and what your ride please. (terrain)

Spend more money on boots to start with then anything else. A good pair of boots will make or break you in boarding. They should fit to the T, don't settle for something "good enough". Having sore or chaffed feet makes for a terrible day. A good pair of boots will also last you years. I have a pair from when I started doing speed boarding 5 years ago and they're still in great condition and going strong.

Nothing is more important then boots, especially to a beginner.

I disagree. Boots are important but not that important. Heel lift sucks but close is good enough. If you have narrow feet go with a boot that is known as narrower. And then go by how stiff you like your boots. Trying boots on is helpful. But spending lots of extra money to get the perfect boots is unnecessary. And insoles can correct heel lift or if you have really high arches.

I ride that size - or even a bit longer I am 6'1" and 175 size 10 foot
ride a 162-165 board

Thanks guys, I'm going to do some research into it. I don't mind renting most of the gear, but I'd like my own boots in particular.

Glencoe, glenshee, Nevis, the lecht and the cairngorms. Tried them all the first few years I was boarding. Conditions usually dictate where you go and hoe far you can be bothered driving. Cairngorms was always my favourite, big long sweeping runs, with routes as hard as you want to make them. Also a board park if you are into tricks and jumps. Glenshee is huge, but found you only ever used half of it as it was split over 2 sides of the road. Sure your mate will know the best runs. Glencoe is closest and Nevis is just up the road from it so we went to them the most.

Hopefully this winter will be pretty good then, I'm keen to get a go on a real run. The indoor slope at Xscape is good, but just too short and crowded.

Back