Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

The prices are probably reasonable, but that doesn't make them any less expensive. To get a few would put a big hole in your wallet.

I agree but I would like to have 1 custom one with 2 reg ones. Just one would do the trick for me. I think 3+ of the custom ones would be to flashy (thinking skins here).

Getting them totally customized does get the price up, but having your own custom wedge may be worth it for some... just like having a custom putter made. It's probably not worth it for me, but love that it's an option available. I don't think it's over priced for what you get, but is still pricy for my wallet.

I agree but I would like to have 1 custom one with 2 reg ones. Just one would do the trick for me. I think 3+ of the custom ones would be to flashy (thinking skins here).

That's a good idea. I wish they offered non-custom black pearl. I would get my 58* custom then 2 regular black pearl ones. I think it would look weird with one black pearl and two satin or chrome. I may do that though.

That's a good idea. I wish they offered non-custom black pearl. I would get my 58* custom then 2 regular black pearl ones. I think it would look weird with one black pearl and two satin or chrome. I may do that though.

Im not to picky about matching wedge finishes to be honest. I would probably get the custom done in the 60* since its the wedge I use the least, last longer haha.

Im not to picky about matching wedge finishes to be honest. I would probably get the custom done in the 60* since its the wedge I use the least, last longer haha.

Actually now that I think about it, me neither. My 50* is part of my iron set (chrome), my 56* is satin, and my 60* is black pearl.

For wedges I prefer satin over chrome because of the glare. The only issue I ever had with the black pearl was when it got dark out I couldnt see my club lol.

The 588 was my favorite wedge and the new one is even better...was able to save a lot of holes the other day with my 60*.

$689.97 for my set of three. To be honest, I actually expected it to cost more.

Fasinating thought: They offer a front edge grind on the RTG's to create a V sole for you. Add a lovely custom putter from NC and I'm up over a grand but my gosh would my scoring clubs be sweet.

I might have missed it, but is Blind9 doing the dealer code thing for the wedges like they do with the Custom Putters?

$689.97 for my set of three. To be honest, I actually expected it to cost more.

Fasinating thought: They offer a front edge grind on the RTG's to create a V sole for you. Add a lovely custom putter from NC and I'm up over a grand but my gosh would my scoring clubs be sweet.

I might have missed it, but is Blind9 doing the dealer code thing for the wedges like they do with the Custom Putters?

That'd be great of Blind9! I didn't even know they did that for the putters!

JB what's the difference in the miya proto vs the 95 option. Regardless the upgrade charge of $30 is sweet.

--
tapatalk

Wow these are nice. Looking at buying a couple. Prob gonna tinker for a week or two and see what I really like. The skins look a lot better in the real pics IMO. They aren't as over powering looking as I thought they might be. Very nice. Love the options.

Do you guys think a combination of the heel and toe relief is the old tg grind? I know it has to be pretty close, but the old tg grind had a little bit of trailing edge relief as well. It does have the comment "did you know..." on the optional grind page, but I'm not sure if these are meant to replicate the old Cleveland grinds (rtg, tsc, etc.) or if they are supposed to just be totally new.

Do you guys think a combination of the heel and toe relief is the old tg grind? I know it has to be pretty close, but the old tg grind had a little bit of trailing edge relief as well. It does have the comment "did you know..." on the optional grind page, but I'm not sure if these are meant to replicate the old Cleveland grinds (rtg, tsc, etc.) or if they are supposed to just be totally new.

Great question and that is one I would like to know as well. You have the option of picking heel, toe and trailing edge grind on the custom website maybe that would do the trick.

I think it would be close. Based on the custom site, you should be able to get it very close if you desire.

More Cleveland drool here..... I need to figure out what my grind would be as all of this talk has me excited.

Great question and that is one I would like to know as well. You have the option of picking heel, toe and trailing edge grind on the custom website maybe that would do the trick.

I think either the combination of heel and toe or heel, toe, and trailing edge would have to be the closest, but I'm just not sure. I wonder if I called Cleveland if they would know.

Once I figure it out they'll replace the original 588 RTGs I have in the bag now.

There are some cool options on the site, just out of my budget. It's weird that I consider the Never Compromise customs to be at a good price point, but not these.

ok im really pondering ordering 1 or 2 of these and was wondering if anyone used the Dynamic Gold black steel S400 flex shafts before i think they would look the best since id be getting the black pearl but i also want performance before anything else. also in the running is the tour concept or KBS Tour.

ok im really pondering ordering 1 or 2 of these and was wondering if anyone used the Dynamic Gold black steel S400 flex shafts before i think they would look the best since id be getting the black pearl but i also want performance before anything else. also in the running is the tour concept or KBS Tour.

Good shaft. I prefer the ball flight and feel of the TC shaft, but the Black Steel looks so darn good.

Started playing with this for the first time this morning. Man its fun, but also frustrating as the lefty models aren't available yet. I'm really pondering hard on wedges right now and I really believe these are for me.

Started playing with this for the first time this morning. Man its fun, but also frustrating as the lefty models aren't available yet. I'm really pondering hard on wedges right now and I really believe these are for me.

I can't wait until they are available. I have made so many different combos and I don't know how I want to get them.

Good shaft. I prefer the ball flight and feel of the TC shaft, but the Black Steel looks so darn good.

yeah thats what i was worried about....i was hoping you'd say it sucked and make my decision easier. lol im not as worried about ball flight, i can get almost any club up if i need a high ball flight but the feel with my wedges is really important. might have to try some shafts at golftec

I didn't think I'd want a skin, but the one with the loft spelled out is really cool. What a bunch of fun it is to play around on that site.

I saw these in person today for the first time. Hold good god. It's like my first real wedge has been brought back to life. I must have these!!

I saw these in person today for the first time. Hold good god. It's like my first real wedge has been brought back to life. I must have these!!

That is exactly how it has been for me since we got them in.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

I went there yesterday .... WHOOOOT that was fun putting together my 'DREAM WEDGE SET' !

PW - LW (48* - 60* in 4* increments) customized with 'OMIKEY' and the BURST skin .....

Estimated cost was next door to $1,000.00

I have a questions for yall.

How does one know what grind is the best for their game ?

Not that I know squat about shafts either, but I've been playing graphite in ALL my clubs for over 12yrs .... I'd look to have the Miyazaki shaft in them.

Back