The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Romo sucks today. I was afraid of this type of game.

Funny thing is that Dallas still leads. Thanks to a solid red zone defense thus far.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Did you hear Shannon Sharpe saying "So you're trying to stand up and to stand up you had to stomp on the guy laying on the ground" LOL

I always liked Sharpe

I saw that and like SW said SS doesn't mince words. He also said A Haynesworth received a 5 game suspension for the stomp and he did not carry the history that Suh does so this should warrant at least 5 games, I think he is right.

Wow Romo sucks today. I was afraid of this type of game.

But to be fair isn't that every week? Ware needs to get a big play, go over smack Romo around, and tell him to put up or shutup.

--
tapatalk

Dallas DB's/corners absolutely suck. Between Ball and then Newman can't even choke a guy and keep him from catching the ball. Pathetic...

Tappin' from my iPad!

Dallas DB's/corners absolutely suck. Between Ball and then Newman can't even choke a guy and keep him from catching the ball. Pathetic...

Tappin' from my iPad!

Yep, that secondary is swiss cheese at best.

--
tapatalk

Tappin' from my iPad!

Agreed. They got exposed last week by Washington's no name WR's and it continues this week. They NEVER turn and look for the ball until its too late. It's awful.

Agreed. They got exposed last week by Washington's no name WR's and it continues this week. They NEVER turn and look for the ball until its too late. It's awful.

And then even if the WR does not catch it, you are in a prime position to get called for pass interference.

Free called for at least 3rd false start of game and Romo almost throws another pick. Geez...

Tappin' from my iPad!

Another ugly win for Dallas. Lots of things to fix, but a win is a win.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I was pulling for Dallas because I just spent a week there listening to Packer jokes and meeting some nice folks. Don'y want to mess with the boys if they ever get"hot" Gap

Another ugly win for Dallas. Lots of things to fix, but a win is a win.

Tappin' from my iPad!

As a fan that did not care either way it was a good game to watch, could have gone to either team.

These are the games that just a year ago this team lost. Tough wins are what separates good teams from average teams. I thought Romo played well today in a tough battle and made the good throws when needed without much help from his WRs and their drops. I keep expecting Dez to breakout, but something is missing there, whether it be work ethic, chemistry or something else, because the talent is there. Ware is still one of the best and played that way today. Mike Jenkins still stinks. But this team is peaking at the right time.

I just had a hard time telling if the Cowboys offense was really struggling or if the Miami defense was just playing well and giving Dallas unexpected looks. Possibly a combination of both?

It was good seeing Dez back there for that last punt return and making something of it.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Hearing Indomakin (he doesn't deserve my effort looking up how to actually spell his name) Suh's explanation that he would never do that on purpose because everybody is watching him. Just makes me mad. I don't know how I would feel about him if he was on my team. He needs to be sat by the league. I wouldn't be surprised if it's four games.

These are the games that just a year ago this team lost. Tough wins are what separates good teams from average teams. I thought Romo played well today in a tough battle and made the good throws when needed without much help from his WRs and their drops. I keep expecting Dez to breakout, but something is missing there, whether it be work ethic, chemistry or something else, because the talent is there. Ware is still one of the best and played that way today. Mike Jenkins still stinks. But this team is peaking at the right time.

Well said. I agree that Dallas teams of years past lose that game today. I just don't get it with Dez. Does he just quit for any play that isn't called for him? It's pretty bad when the best WR on the team wasn't even on the team at the beginning of the year. And they are absolutely peaking at the right time unlike those other years when right about now they were falling apart.

Good for Dallas on the comeback.

11-0. The Packers defense keeps giving up the yards, but also making the picks. And they dropped two others. And the picks turn into points with Rodgers at the helm. And he doesn't turn it over. That's a good combination. Nice job by the two Packers backup linebackers today after Bishop and Hawk went down. Hell, they may have played better. Really nice job by Dietrich-Smith filling in for pro bowler Sitton. I also liked what rookie Brandon Saine did at RB for a few plays. That's the kind of speed they need. I suspect we'll see more of him down the stretch, especially since the Packers seem determined to throw the ball more to their backs.

Suh is a thug. Plain and simple. And then he whines after the game like a baby. Hell, the Lions barely tried to move the ball down the field the last two possessions. Were they afraid to throw it down field because they were afraid to turn it over? If so, I've got news for them. They were down more than two scores. I think they quit.

I wish I could watch the Ravens/49ers game.

Kevin

Good for Dallas on the comeback.

11-0. The Packers defense keeps giving up the yards, but also making the picks. And they dropped two others. And the picks turn into points with Rodgers at the helm. And he doesn't turn it over. That's a good combination. Nice job by the two Packers backup linebackers today after Bishop and Hawk went down. Hell, they may have played better. Really nice job by Dietrich-Smith filling in for pro bowler Sitton. I also liked what rookie Brandon Saine did at RB for a few plays. That's the kind of speed they need. I suspect we'll see more of him down the stretch, especially since the Packers seem determined to throw the ball more to their backs.

Suh is a thug. Plain and simple. And then he whines after the game like a baby. Hell, the Lions barely tried to move the ball down the field the last two possessions. Were they afraid to throw it down field because they were afraid to turn it over? If so, I've got news for them. They were down more than two scores. I think they quit.

I wish I could watch the Ravens/49ers game.

Kevin
Detroit shot themselves in the foot early with all those penalties. Suh's behavior was beyond the pale. What was up with that and how did he think he could get away with it?

Totally did not think the Cowboys/Dolphins game to be as close as it was. Didn't expect that to be the closest Thanksgiving Day game. Fun to watch though

Online stats make it look like the 49ers/Ravens are having the expected defensive battle. Anybody watching this?

Kevin

Online stats make it look like the 49ers/Ravens are having the expected defensive battle. Anybody watching this?

Kevin

Just tuned in.

--
tapatalk

Kevin

Nah I'm too busy moping about my fantasy team's failure. Looks like a boring game though.

Kevin

HAve been flipping back and forth between that and Tx/a&m game.

It's lacking on the offensive side of the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good effort by the Dolphins today, but yet again they lose a game by less than a TD. Mcook said Dallas was staying in the game because of good red zone defense...that sounds good, but really, it was bad Dolphins red zone offense. That has been one of their big problems for the past 3 years, it's so annoying. Just field goal after field goal when they get into the red zone. It's nice that the Dolphins are still playing hard for Sparano, but I still think that he's gone after this year and they try to get someone in there that will make the offense more explosive. Also, Matt Moore did some good things, but he is not the long-term answer, missed a few easy throws that could have made a difference.

The defense played about as well as could be expected, Romo just made some great plays where he turned nothing into something positive. Like JB said, those are the games that the Cowboys have to win to try to turn the corner as a team that is trying to go somewhere in the playoffs.

Good effort by the Dolphins today, but yet again they lose a game by less than a TD. Mcook said Dallas was staying in the game because of good red zone defense...that sounds good, but really, it was bad Dolphins red zone offense. That has been one of their big problems for the past 3 years, it's so annoying. Just field goal after field goal when they get into the red zone. It's nice that the Dolphins are still playing hard for Sparano, but I still think that he's gone after this year and they try to get someone in there that will make the offense more explosive. Also, Matt Moore did some good things, but he is not the long-term answer, missed a few easy throws that could have made a difference.

The defense played about as well as could be expected, Romo just made some great plays where he turned nothing into something positive. Like JB said, those are the games that the Cowboys have to win to try to turn the corner as a team that is trying to go somewhere in the playoffs.

Ary, the solution to the Dolphins QB problem is named miracle Matt Flynn. I think after the season, Ted Thompson would probably take a #1 pick. He's been nicely seasoned by sitting behind Rodgers, and I think he could do a good job.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back