The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Vernon the ball!

--
tapatalk

Holy cow! Lee Evans is alive??

Ary, the solution to the Dolphins QB problem is named miracle Matt Flynn. I think after the season, Ted Thompson would probably take a #1 pick. He's been nicely seasoned by sitting behind Rodgers, and I think he could do a good job.

Kevin

Matt Flynn is a good thought, but he's barely played at all in real games because of Rodgers. He could be just like Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassel, backups that looked good in limited time, but haven't played all that well in starting roles. Plus, if you think the Pack gets a #1 pick for Flynn, you drank way too much during Thanksgiving dinner.

Also, even though Flynn is a good option, the Dolphins have a long sad history in the past 10 years of giving up draft picks for QBs that haven't panned out, it would be a hard sell to the fanbase to trade another pick for a QB rather than just drafting one in the first round. I really think that they would like to hold on to as many picks as possible, especially if the coach and/or GM are fired after this year and they go in a different direction in terms of philosophy on how to build a team.

Matt Flynn is a good thought, but he's barely played at all in real games because of Rodgers. He could be just like Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassel, backups that looked good in limited time, but haven't played all that well in starting roles. Plus, if you think the Pack gets a #1 pick for Flynn, you drank way too much during Thanksgiving dinner.

Also, even though Flynn is a good option, the Dolphins have a long sad history in the past 10 years of giving up draft picks for QBs that haven't panned out, it would be a hard sell to the fanbase to trade another pick for a QB rather than just drafting one in the first round. I really think that they would like to hold on to as many picks as possible, especially if the coach and/or GM are fired after this year and they go in a different direction in terms of philosophy on how to build a team.

Then Elway will take him after the Tebow nonsense runs its course.

Kevin

According to the scouts, he is no where near a #1 pick currently. That could change based on needs, but most had him going into this season as 3rd round or two 4ths.

Yeah, my #1 was obviously meant to be an exaggeration. I think he's in the same league as Hasselbeck. It hink the Packers traded him, their #1, and a high pick, for the Seahawks #1, and an early mid round pick. Really what it did was move the Packers up in the first round and net them another third rounder. Of course Wolf loved that stuff, and Holmgren was familiar with Hasselbeck.

But Flynn seems like he could be okay.

Kevin

I like D ball. Ravens Niners is delivering.

Yeah, my #1 was obviously meant to be an exaggeration. I think he's in the same league as Hasselbeck. It hink the Packers traded him, their #1, and a high pick, for the Seahawks #1, and an early mid round pick. Really what it did was move the Packers up in the first round and net them another third rounder. Of course Wolf loved that stuff, and Holmgren was familiar with Hasselbeck.

But Flynn seems like he could be okay.

Kevin

I dont know much about Flynn from how he has matured since his time with the Packers. I am guessing he has learned some things and picked up quite a few tricks as well. I can tell you that the knock on Flynn coming into the NFL was always the same. Good across the board but nothing stood out physically. He had an average arm, average athletic ability and overall lacked the tools to lead an offense to the next level.

Ironically he was compared to Matt Cassel and I think that might be a pretty good fit (coming in). Jack of all trades and master of none so to speak.

Of course there isn't that much to go on with Flynn, but he's shown good feet, decent arm strength, and the guy's a winner. lol. I think he'll get a chance next year, and as an original 7th round pick, the Packers will certainly get more than that for him.

I hope he does well, he's got a really nice beard.

Kevin

So the older brother prevailed.

Kevin

So the older brother prevailed.

Kevin

I think that was awesome, 2 brothers coaching against each other at this level. I also love defensive games with hard hits, I thought it was a good game.

So, ugly win for the Boys but that is a game that they usually lose. Romo looked pretty good IMO. Made some really good throws while getting hit and/or scrambling. When do we start talking about DMurray for ROY?

Something that really bothered me about the Cowboys game was all the dumb penalties. It was like we were watching the Wade Phillips cowboys again. The false starts need to stop. And how good a pickup was Robinson.

Are the Cboys a team better suited for close games? The just don't seem like they jump on teams and get big leads.

So, ugly win for the Boys but that is a game that they usually lose. Romo looked pretty good IMO. Made some really good throws while getting hit and/or scrambling. When do we start talking about DMurray for ROY?

I didn't think Romo was good early but when it counted and the pressure was on he delivered. That is huge.

The Cowboys secondary is atrocious. THey should draft safeties and corners this year, and that's it.

I didn't think Romo was good early but when it counted and the pressure was on he delivered. That is huge.

And don't underestimate the Dolphins defense either. They came in allowing a total of 20 points in the 3 previous games combined. They were clicking. They've got some really talented young corners.

And don't underestimate the Dolphins defense either. They came in allowing a total of 20 points in the 3 previous games combined. They were clicking. They've got some really talented young corners.

True. They really were playing well and it showed. I said all week the cowboys couldn't take Miami lightly or they'd lose.

True. They really were playing well and it showed. I said all week the cowboys couldn't take Miami lightly or they'd lose.

And wtf is up with Matt Moore? He's played pretty well the last 4 games. The Cowboys earned the win and ultimately, that's 4 in a row. Good for them. Antonio was impressive in the 2nd half. He made good decisions.

And wtf is up with Matt Moore? He's played pretty well the last 4 games. The Cowboys earned the win and ultimately, that's 4 in a row. Good for them. Antonio was impressive in the 2nd half. He made good decisions.

If Matt Moore keeps playing this well through the end of the season they have to consider that guy for the starting QB position. Henne is terrible and what was his record this year? 0- something? Agreed dude Romo played quite well in the second half. Sure would be nice to see Dez play a whole game.

Suh has a strange take on reality.

Ain't that the truth. I thought he was a decent kid coming out of college but there is something really wrong with him. Could have just admitted his wrongdoings but made it 5x worse by trying to justify it after the game. Moron.

Ain't that the truth. I thought he was a decent kid coming out of college but there is something really wrong with him. Could have just admitted his wrongdoings but made it 5x worse by trying to justify it after the game. Moron.

The guy seems intelligent and very well spoken but he appears to have no grasp on reality.

The guy seems intelligent and very well spoken but he appears to have no grasp on reality.

Yep, he seemed very smart coming out of college and I thought he would be a great player/person to build a defense around but has ultimately proven himself to be just another very dirty player.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back