A question for ALL you golfers who ride carts - please reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roycroft

Reaction score
Handicap
Whenever I'm playing a crowded course that gets backed up, 99% of golfers do this, which REALLY pisses me off: When they finish their hole, they race up to my teebox and park 6 feet behind me. I haven't even hit yet because there are golfers on the hole I'm about to play. So then they sit there in their cart staring at me. Hey you d-bags, I don't need or want an audience! You can see I'm waiting to hit, so why don't you hang waaaaay back out of my sight? What is golf cart etiquette on this? How many of you do this? If you do, WHY do do you do that????

What are we supposed to do wait beside the green we just finished :p

Im all for giving some space unless you've been holding me up for a few holes.

--
tapatalk

Whenever I'm playing a crowded course that gets backed up, 99% of golfers do this, which REALLY pisses me off: When they finish their hole, they race up to my teebox and park 6 feet behind me. I haven't even hit yet because there are golfers on the hole I'm about to play. So then they sit there in their cart staring at me. Hey you d-bags, I don't need or want an audience! You can see I'm waiting to hit, so why don't you hang waaaaay back out of my sight? What is golf cart etiquette on this? How many of you do this? If you do, WHY do do you do that????
They are following proper etiquette. They have to get out of the way for the people behind them.

No, you can pull away from that green and then stop when you see a parked cart up ahead near a teebox. Aha! YOU are one of the d-bags!!! And I don't hold up anybody either. If I'm standing in the teebox with a club in hand, what do you THINK I'm waiting for? A pizza delivery? I'm waiting to hit, and I don't want you sittin' there 20 feet away. You may be Phil Frikkin Mickelson for all I care. I didn't come out to play golf with strangers staring at me.

I usually try to hang back as far as possible, while still putting myself in a place where I won't get hit by the group behind me. And if its hot, I find a place in the shade. There has been a few times I've been closer than I preferred, but due to the design of the course it was required. But I've had people ride up on me on the teebox, and its just the way it is. On the first tee we had the group behind us come and park right behind our cart. I took a few practice swings to loosen up, and in the middle of my swing the guy says "I bet these guys will hold us up all day". I then placed one 10 feet in front of the green, he said "wow". When we were on the 18th tee the guys behind us were on on the 15th fairway. So much for holding them up.

No, you can pull away from that green and then stop when you see a parked cart up ahead near a teebox. Aha! YOU are one of the d-bags!!! And I don't hold up anybody either. If I'm standing in the teebox with a club in hand, what do you THINK I'm waiting for? A pizza delivery? I'm waiting to hit, and I don't want you sittin' there 20 feet away. You may be Phil Frikkin Mickelson for all I care. I didn't come out to play golf with strangers staring at me.

Yeah I don't see you lasting real long here.

You seem angry and paranoid. What are you trying to hide?

Kevin

I like to pull up so close that the person can hardly get their clubs back in their bag after they hit.

Nah, I will pull off the previous hole up toward the next tee box and will try to give as much room as I can. At times there's room to give plenty of space, other times I'm up there as close as 6 feet from the cart of the group playing the hole in front of me.

You may want to check yourself, friend, you are treading dangerously close to pissing me off. For your information, I almost never ride a cart, and I am certainly not the "d-bag" that you so childishly accuse me of being. Re-evaluate what you are typing before you respond to me again.

I realize a few courses have short distances between greens and the next tee box. But that's not what I'm talking about. Here is the St. Louis area it seems everybody comes wheeling up on you no matter what. As far as the reply saying it is proper eitqutte to get out of the way of people behind them: I say no - it's just the opposite. You don't hit into the group in front of you. Play that occurs behind you is not really your concern. Obviously you must keep pace, but beyond that, it is incumbent on those behind you not to interfere with your round, and that includes wheeling up into the teebox when I'm in it.

Dude no offense but you sound a little crazy lol. EVERYBODY pulls up to the next tee when they are done with the previous hole, what else can you do. Cant expect people to wait at the green for you to tee off or pull 100 yards out of the way because you cant hit with somebody watching you. If somebody pulling up to a tee box bothers you how do you go out in public?

A pizza would certainly break the ice. I doubt anyone is staring at you, I tend not to pay attention to whomever is doing whatever on the tee box in front of me. I'm usually looking at the hole, thinking about what club, lighting a smoke, or is some cases secretly filming the guy on the tee box in front of me ;)

Some courses have ample room between greens and tees, yet quite a few are just a few paces between. What are those folks supposed to do?

--
tapatalk

I'm sorry dude, I'm calling B.S. So you wouldn't be upset if the group in front of you decided to stop and hang out in the fairway instead of moving up after hitting their shots. You expect me to keep others from being able to hit their approach shots, just in case I was to make you a little nervous. People are going to watch you swing. As long as they aren't talking during your backswing, worry about your own game and move on.

My next question, are you really playing as a single when the course is that busy?

I realize a few courses have short distances between greens and the next tee box. But that's not what I'm talking about. Here is the St. Louis area it seems everybody comes wheeling up on you no matter what. As far as the reply saying it is proper eitqutte to get out of the way of people behind them: I say no - it's just the opposite. You don't hit into the group in front of you. Play that occurs behind you is not really your concern. Obviously you must keep pace, but beyond that, it is incumbent on those behind you not to interfere with your round, and that includes wheeling up into the teebox when I'm in it.

Driving a cart up mid swing should be avoided. But pulling up to the next tee during a slow round shouldn't be a big deal. My wife hits in front of people, and she's not a good player. Look at her sitting over there.

If you're afraid to hit a golf ball in front of others, buy your own golf course.

Kevin

Seriously what is the deal? Am I D-bag if I say yes. I finish my hole and drive to the next tee. If your just sitting then I find shade and wait for you to hit. How does this make me or anyone a d-bag? Who pissed in your cornflakes. Proper protocol is to pull up to the next tee. As long as the group behind you isn't making noise or bothering you with actions, then sitting in their carts is their choice...you will just have to deal

You may want to check yourself, friend, you are treading dangerously close to pissing me off. For your information, I almost never ride a cart, and I am certainly not the "d-bag" that you so childishly accuse me of being. Re-evaluate what you are typing before you respond to me again.

Oh be easy here, no sense in getting your feathers ruffled here. I'm certain he was replying to me anyway.

--
tapatalk

Seriously what is the deal? Am I D-bag if I say yes. I finish my hole and drive to the next tee. If your just sitting then I find shade and wait for you to hit. How does this make me or anyone a d-bag? Who pissed in your cornflakes. Proper protocol is to pull up to the next tee. As long as the group behind you isn't making noise or bothering you with actions, then sitting in their carts is their choice...you will just have to deal
This man has a valid point here. Heck a lot of times you don't even know there are people on the tee on the next hole until you pull away from the previous green to find discover that you're still there. Nobody cares what you're doing or how you're hitting, sounds like you'll just have to chill and deal with it to me.

I wonder, do you openly call these people out about it? Or do you just run to an internet forum where you are free of persecution? How old are you, by the way? 12, 13?

What a bunch of nonsense, Freddie. Everyone knows there is no shade in FL. lol.

Kevin

:popcorn:Is what im doing after I pull up to the next tee box while secretly video taping their swing and pulling jedi mind tricks to make you shank it.:banana: Is that what you think people are doing when they pull up?

I think the final arbiter on this debate will be the refreshment cart drivers. They stop waaaay back and keep far away from any golfer about to hit. Only after you hit do they proceed driving. That's how they were taught by course management. I'm very confident that if you ask the course marshalls they will tell you I'm right on this topic. You shouldn't impede or interfere with the play occurring in front of you. If you are keeping pace, play behind you is not your concern.
Kevin, I'm pretty sure you are not capable of making a diagnosis of what constitutes paranoia, and I made it blatantly obvious I was angry so that was already on record.... Why do you assume I must be hiding anything? Where did that leap come from? I don't need to be "hiding" anything to prefer to hit the ball without the extra pressure and eyeballing of people in carts close by. It's that simple.
Jacob, no offense meant and since you hardly ever ride, this doesn't really apply to you. I withdraw the comment and apologize to you.
Jeeeez, guys, can't somebody have some justifiable annoyance and do a little venting on this site?
It seems like common courtesy to remain back.

I got no issue with what he is talking about. I know these types of people that pull up and breathe down you neck. On a slow day I just say hello and engage them or I slow down to a crawl and really piss them off.
But calling folks a d-bag is a bit strong and a little uncalled for, point or not.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. At my home course, there is about a minute drive in between most holes. Far more than a few paces, but I've never known anyone to just sit way back. Everyone drives on up to the tee box and waits it out. Shoot, most everyone is friendly enough to sit around and chat while we wait. If the course is backed up, your bound to see the people again, so might as well make conversation with them.

awwwkkward..... No really, come on. I try to give people thier space as much as possible but it is a golf course, where humans interact. If someone comes rollin up on my tee box I usually start small talk, ask them how thier round is going, mention something about the slow play in front of us, ("it's one of those days huh"). I';m sure most of us would be more confortable hitting w/o an audience but if you're goig to let something like this ruin your day maybe you're not cut out for the game of golf, .... or this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back