Titleist Introducing Yellow Golf Balls?

Does Titleist give equipment to THP to test? I can't think of any off hand.

They have in the past.

I am happy to see yellow and orange balls going mainstream. They really are easier to see (I prefer orange). I used to only find different colors on cheaper balls like Top Flite XLs and Wilson Ultras.

I never thought they would do it. I like the yellow balls personally and am glad to see it, because its a good golf ball. It just seems that despite all of the incredible stuff they have come out with recently, they are always just a tad behind. Just my personal opinion. I still go back to them saying "the wound ball is not dead". Innovation is what makes some things stand out for me.

However could you imagine if they got their staff to use them on tour? Just like the white drivers, it would be everywhere.

Just read this as I missed this thread while I was away, and I have to agree that Titleist always seem to be a little behind the curve these days, and are kind of the old guy in the room saying that the old stuff is better.

And JB is very correct that all the people who have turned up their noses at yellow balls made by Srixon and Bridgestone and talk only about their beloved ProV1 will all of a sudden have a change of heart, and we will see yellow ProV1's EVERYWHERE!!!!

Well, now it will be even easier for me to grab to ProV1X's that the old farts poop out 20 yards off the tee and into the rough. Works for me, I play well with the X.

I`ve still got an Optic Yellow Titleist 384.I had a hole in one with it in 1984.They were very fashionable back then along with the Optic Orange.Things just come around in cycles.Titleist were making different coloured balls long before I`d ever heard of Srixon or Bridgestone.

I`ve still got an Optic Yellow Titleist 384.I had a hole in one with it in 1984.They were very fashionable back then along with the Optic Orange.Things just come around in cycles.Titleist were making different coloured balls long before I`d ever heard of Srixon or Bridgestone.

wow i was 2...congrats on the hole in one! a little belated. im glad to see some different companies putting some different color balls out there. Especially some of the companies that are a little old school. if bridgestone made a b330S in yellow or PM made a penta in yellow id prob use them a lot more. Be interested to see how popular the pro v1 in yellow would be. Especially with the pros.

Wouldn't Titleist want to be Trend setters and not followers? Come on1 Be original. Come up with something new!

I've had this in the back of my mind while reading this whole thread - everyone is talking like Titleist has never made yellow golf balls before, but I'm pretty sure that is not the case. Thanks, vman, for refreshing my memory!

And, if my recollection is really up to speed, I'm pretty sure the PGA tour banned non-white golf balls circa 1986, and after that, they pretty much disappeared from the marketplace. I don't know if that ban is still in place, but if it is, we won't be seeing any pros using them, cool as it would be.

I've had this in the back of my mind while reading this whole thread - everyone is talking like Titleist has never made yellow golf balls before, but I'm pretty sure that is not the case. Thanks, vman, for refreshing my memory!

And, if my recollection is really up to speed, I'm pretty sure the PGA tour banned non-white golf balls circa 1986, and after that, they pretty much disappeared from the marketplace. I don't know if that ban is still in place, but if it is, we won't be seeing any pros using them, cool as it would be.

There is no ban, there are srixon yellow balls on tour every week.

No question Titleist previously made colored golf balls. Never a premium colored ball, but colored nonetheless. They vanished and Srixon brought the trend to the US a couple of years ago and with premium balls and they have been used in tour events. Then Bridgestone brought their Japanese models over as well. At that point sales of colored balls started to do well. After that, it appears Titleist (which had stopped producing them years ago), has decided to bring them back.

Wasn't the 384 a premium golf ball? I know for sure I played yellow DTs, and Nicklaus played yellow. They also made orange. So really, Titleist was the, or one of the, colored golf ball pioneers.

Kevin

Wasn't the 384 a premium golf ball? I know for sure I played yellow DTs, and Nicklaus played yellow. They also made orange. So really, Titleist was the, or one of the, colored golf ball pioneers.

Kevin

384 Tour was premium and the version that was colored I was under the impression was not. At least that is from the Titleist rep (Gary) at the PGA Show.

EDIT: Just found my info from the rep. They made 384 DT Tour and 384 DT. The non premium ball was available in colors.

As stated earlier, Srixon was the first to create a colored premium golf ball, both internationally and domestically.

There is no ban, there are srixon yellow balls on tour every week.

Ahhh, yes, now that you mention it, I recall seeing these recently. Why do I need to rely on others to trigger my memories, LOL.

I'm pretty sure the PGA tour at least tried to ban non-white ball, but it obviously didn't stick. Just as well, IMO, I like the yellow balls.

Ahhh, yes, now that you mention it, I recall seeing these recently. Why do I need to rely on others to trigger my memories, LOL.

I'm pretty sure the PGA tour at least tried to ban non-white ball, but it obviously didn't stick. Just as well, IMO, I like the yellow balls.

haha no worries man happens to me all the time. I love the yellow balls and I am really glad Titleist might be bringing the ProV1 in yellow, my dad has been complaining about not having it in yellow for 2 years and I am tired of hearing it lol.

edit: VJ Singh plays the yellow zstar and there are some others I cant think off right now.

384 Tour was premium and the version that was colored I was under the impression was not. At least that is from the Titleist rep (Gary) at the PGA Show.

EDIT: Just found my info from the rep. They made 384 DT Tour and 384 DT. The non premium ball was available in colors.

As stated earlier, Srixon was the first to create a colored premium golf ball, both internationally and domestically.

That makes perfect sense. I know I played both the DT and the 384 back in the day. I know I played DT in yellow, so probably played the DT 384. At one time I had an awesome picture of me in the finish of a swing with a persimmon 4W, and out in the distance is a yellow golf ball. I carried a pond from 220+ onto a par five 18th hole to about 3 feet, and made eagle in front of my wife who was then my girlfriend. She and my buddy's girlfriend were standing on a balcony watching along with about 40 other people. Everyone applauded.

One of the best golf shots I've ever hit. I loved those yellow Titleists. lol.

Kevin

That makes perfect sense. I know I played both the DT and the 384 back in the day. I know I played DT in yellow, so probably played the DT 384. At one time I had an awesome picture of me in the finish of a swing with a persimmon 4W, and out in the distance is a yellow golf ball. I carried a pond from 220+ onto a par five 18th hole to about 3 feet, and made eagle in front of my wife who was then my girlfriend. She and my buddy's girlfriend were standing on a balcony watching along with about 40 other people. Everyone applauded.

One of the best golf shots I've ever hit. I loved those yellow Titleists. lol.

Kevin

You sir are a cheese filled golfing GOD.

Titelist is not the best ball for my game, I will get my yellow on with Bridgestone.

Back