Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I find myself coming to this thread daily just to look at this beauty. As companies like Cleveland continue to produce great looking, yet solid performing equipment like this I can see people out there with driver/wedge collections almost like many do putters now. I cannot wait to get one of these in my hands.
I like it a lot too duey. Reminds me of back in the day!

Have not tried it out as of yet.

It's not nice to tease :alien: I know its probably to early, but its an honest question. Does Cleveland have an upcharge for other miyazaki shafts instead of the stock offering, this model in particular?

I saw the headcover in Gmacs bag but did he actually game this driver?

Off and on through the weekend. He alternated each day it appears. No survey for this event.

It's not nice to tease :alien: I know its probably to early, but its an honest question. Does Cleveland have an upcharge for other miyazaki shafts instead of the stock offering, this model in particular?

I do not know.

Off and on through the weekend. He alternated each day it appears. No survey for this event.

I was wondering if he was doing that. I saw him tee off and tried to catch it but couldn't tell. But that headcover is hard to miss.

I was wondering if he was doing that. I saw him tee off and tried to catch it but couldn't tell. But that headcover is hard to miss.

His feedback is really positive so far. He has been playing the other for a while now and is having a tough time switching. He was the same way with the putter and now is bouncing around with those too. Not sure if it will be in his bag full time this year, but based on his early feedback, I think it might be.

Interesting concept, I can't say I like the way it looks but I'm sure it will perform well!

I saw the headcover in Gmacs bag but did he actually game this driver?

I saw that also but then couldn't get a look at it again so I was wondering if I was imiganing things.

i-qNnDP9M-L.jpg
I have to say that this setup looks stunning. Very, very nice look to it.

I have looked at photos of this club so much I think I might dream about it tonight. Its almost as beautiful as my wife was on our wedding day. ALMOST

I love the old school look of this driver and am anxious to see one in person. I like the look of the original shaft, but you've got to go with what works.

I'm shocked at how well the driver and the Kusala white flow, I wasn't expecting the pairing to impress looks wise, but the initial pictures looks pretty nice.

That looks pretty sweet JB, can't wait to hear how it performs and see some data to compare to the stock shaft.

Nice pic's. Every picture tells a story. Will hit this one some time

I like the looks of it with the Miyazaki Kusala White shaft installed, but I think it may look better with the stock shaft. Maybe seeing it in person will change my mind on the looks of it. Looking forward to putting some swings on it later this week

I agree. The blue makes it Bleh. But performance>paint.

I like the looks of it with the Miyazaki Kusala White shaft installed, but I think it may look better with the stock shaft. Maybe seeing it in person will change my mind on the looks of it. Looking forward to putting some swings on it later this week

I actually am quite fond of this color combo. I like the color of the driver head. Still not sure about the yellow on the front but you can't see it from here! Something about this driver just screams, I'm kinda a big deal... now go kill some golf balls.

Have fun hitting that thing. I will be really interested to see the difference in numbers from the stock configuration.

I'm in the "do not like" camp on the looks. The bright white fade to blue takes away from the classic look. Heck, if it swings well, I wouldn't care much.

Have I told you just how jealous I am of you and Chunky this week! Not only captains of the teams, but there is lots of cool gear at THP HQ to test this week!

January can't come soon enough to try this out locally somewhere. Off to ponder shafts for it now.

That is a cool combo, but I have to say I love the stock shaft color combo! It is just so classy, nothing flashy, just a beautiful classic/retro look with crazy good technology packed into it!

This driver is so classy looking I don't think any driver color could take away from its looks. This driver, plus the Miyazaki 61s shaft is my #1 driver to try this year. I will also try it with the Cleveland Black to compare performance, but part of me really wants this driver to perform well because I just LOVE the looks.

The shaft/head combo just looks funny...but like Thainer said Performance > Paint

Not the biggest fan of the looks of that combo, even though I love the look of each bit independently! That said, if it performs like I think it might....the looks are the least of my worries!

Back