Video Viewing Party - The Morgan Cup

If I haven't said it before, huge thanks to JB, GG, Kris, Moira, and the THP folk that took the time to make a vid.

On three.....T H P!!!!!

Glad to see so many people planning on tuning in! There's going to be some great conversation going on during the webcast, I'm sure! Looking forward to viewing with everyone!

Glad to see so many people planning on tuning in! There's going to be some great conversation going on during the webcast, I'm sure! Looking forward to viewing with everyone!

Thank goodness for multiple laptops/Ipad or I would have to do all my bantering on my phone.

Thank goodness for multiple laptops/Ipad or I would have to do all my bantering on my phone.

That will be me this time. Only the laptop here, so hooking that to the big screen and THPing on the droid.

That will be me this time. Only the laptop here, so hooking that to the big screen and THPing on the droid.
If you hook up to the big screen, you could possible make the windows a little smaller so you can open a thp window on the big screen and use your laptop.

I'm gonna try and playbook this to my TV. I cannot wait!

If you hook up to the big screen, you could possible make the windows a little smaller so you can open a thp window on the big screen and use your laptop.

Now there's an idea. This TV does like 6 screens, wonder how that would work? I'll have to play around tonight.

You mean split the screen on the laptop too? I guess that would work if you have a long enough HDMI cable.

Now there's an idea. This TV does like 6 screens, wonder how that would work? I'll have to play around tonight.
Only reason I wouldn't do it is because the monitor cable is so short I would have to sit closer than I would like.

very cool

Stinking holiday party for the credit union Saturday night is going to prevent me from watching.

Stinking holiday party for the credit union Saturday night is going to prevent me from watching.

Are you sure? You look like you are starting come down with the flu. Better stay home

Only reason I wouldn't do it is because the monitor cable is so short I would have to sit closer than I would like.

Good point. I'm not going to buy any cables for this, saving my pennies for travel to the MC. I'll look at my hord of stuff to the TV and see what might fit.

Hook your laptop up to your TV, and then set your camera up to record the screen. When you get home you can watch it off of your recording.

Offer still stands.....$$$$ for anyone that has recording options and can put it on a DVD/CD!!! Please......help.

Good point. I'm not going to buy any cables for this, saving my pennies for travel to the MC. I'll look at my hord of stuff to the TV and see what might fit.
You can grab some very CHEAP HDMI cables on monoprice.com. 20ft HDMI cable for less than $20 is a good deal.

You can grab some very CHEAP HDMI cables on monoprice.com. 20ft HDMI cable for less than $20 is a good deal.

Great idea, but I'll muddle through for now. I might even get back to work on the old desktop and see if I can get that up and running, thanks.

Great idea, but I'll muddle through for now. I might even get back to work on the old desktop and see if I can get that up and running, thanks.
You can hook your laptop up to your desktop monitor and run an extended screen. You could move the window with the stream to the desktop monitor, and have the forums up on the laptop screen.

It's a pretty simple setup, I could easily walk you through it if needed.

You can hook your laptop up to your desktop monitor and run an extended screen. You could move the window with the stream to the desktop monitor, and have the forums up on the laptop screen.

that could be an option for many out there. Worth doing IMO and very simple

I have my laptop already hooked to my 56" HDTV and the surround sound and then will have the forums on my iPad!

That sounds like a neat trick. I'll try to play with it tonight and start sending my PM's to you for help, haha. Thanks buddy.

that could be an option for many out there. Worth doing IMO and very simple
Very simple to do.
I have my laptop already hooked to my 56" HDTV and the surround sound and then will have the forums on my iPad!
Sounds like a sweet setup.

That sounds like a neat trick. I'll try to play with it tonight and start sending my PM's to you for help, haha. Thanks buddy.
Its pretty simple duey, will be glad to help you out.

Man, I feel like my viewing experience is going to be second rate. I will be on my iPad and my laptop. It is still going to be AWESOME!

Man, I feel like my viewing experience is going to be second rate. I will be on my iPad and my laptop. It is still going to be AWESOME!

I'll be finding a way to record it as I'll either be at a birthday dinner for a friend or down in South Florida. It's still TBD at this point. I'm curious if it'll be a one time run or be up for a few days like the MC 1.0 videos were?

Back