Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are marcawesome!

haha JB will kill me

Think he'd notice a big Tony Romo fat head stuck over the putting green?

RealBig_Hockey_Blue_Bunk_Template

Think he'd notice a big Tony Romo fat head stuck over the putting green?

Think they already have one. Some guy named Tim or something like that.

no he'd probably say "Damn that putting green has never looked so good"

PS - OEM I didn't know you still have bunkbeds in your room. That rocks

no he'd probably say "Damn that putting green has never looked so good"

"No wonder Im making EVERYTHING now, its a Romo approved putting green"

PS - OEM I didn't know you still have bunkbeds in your room. That rocks

Its so my friends have a place to sleep bro, men of the people do that.

"No wonder Im making EVERYTHING now, its a Romo approved putting green"
Its so my friends have a place to sleep bro, men of the people do that.

LOL at Romo approved
You truly are a man of the people

Trying to get your driver flight up a bit, Mikey?

Yes Hawk, a bit higher. I have a 10.5 degree k15, tried the 12 and that was just a bit too high.

But I'm all over the place with it :D

Mostly I'd call it a mid/low flight, I'd like to have it a bit higher, mid/high. I know the better players don't like it a higher flight due to the wind issues. I don't hit it anywhere close to being 'high' to be bothered by the wind :)

Ponders some new shoes ...... suggestions ? Price up to around/about $200 limit..... Thanks

:confused2: it's no longer a ponder if you already bought it :confused2:

not that it really matters :D

Ponders some new shoes ...... suggestions ? Price up to around/about $200 limit..... Thanks

FootJoy Dryjoys Tours. Waterproof and comfortable as heck!

Yes Hawk, a bit higher. I have a 10.5 degree k15, tried the 12 and that was just a bit too high.

But I'm all over the place with it :D

Mostly I'd call it a mid/low flight, I'd like to have it a bit higher, mid/high. I know the better players don't like it a higher flight due to the wind issues. I don't hit it anywhere close to being 'high' to be bothered by the wind :)

I think you'd be surprised just how high the professionals hit the ball off the driver. It's all about what gives you the best launch numbers to maximize your distance. Were you fit for your K15?

So 12 months down the track since starting to play golf, I have re-evaluated my big stick as it has been failing me of late and I wanted to see if it was me or the club and to my surprise it was the club! I am currently hitting a Srixon Z-TX 10.5 Stiff. So I went to my local store, where a couple of mates work and I really looked into it. After hitting with my club for a about 20 shots I found where my bad shots were and where my good shots were, about one in 10 drives were grounded or skied. I did not thing much of it at the time I thought it was just normal. So I thought I would change things up, a lot! I grabbed a TM Burner 2.0 Superfast, thinking that I have a 10.5 so I need to get another 10.5, boy was I wrong. I picked up a 9.5 in Stiff and to my amazement I had a faster swing, more consistent and a lot less errors in my swing and I felt like I did not need to swing as hard. I am not sure if this is just the driver or a combination of a few things but it made for a fair bit of excitement. Thoughts, suggestions,comments?

I have been pondering a Razr Hawk 3 wood latley. I have not carried a 3 wood since the Mashie M1 came out. I just want some more distance out of a 15* club and I was just crushing a Razr Hawk 3 wood the other day at Dicks. I was getting about 20 yds of distance out of the 3 wood than I get out of my M1.

I have been pondering a Razr Hawk 3 wood latley. I have not carried a 3 wood since the Mashie M1 came out. I just want some more distance out of a 15* club and I was just crushing a Razr Hawk 3 wood the other day at Dicks. I was getting about 20 yds of distance out of the 3 wood than I get out of my M1.

Being a fan of the Mashie already, what about waiting for the 14* Mashie 3W?

That is a good call dude. I have always struggled with a 3 wood off the deck. From what JB has said about the Mashie 3w, it is easier off the deck. I wonder if it will have the forgiveness face like the Razr Hawk has. That is one of my favorite features of the driver. I expect the 3 wood to have the same feature. I might might just keep playing the M1 till I can get a head to head with Mashie and Razr Hawk.

I am seriously fighting the urge to trade in my milled Anser 2 for a Kombi Mid. Fighting it hard.

That is a good call dude. I have always struggled with a 3 wood off the deck. From what JB has said about the Mashie 3w, it is easier off the deck. I wonder if it will have the forgiveness face like the Razr Hawk has. That is one of my favorite features of the driver. I expect the 3 wood to have the same feature. I might might just keep playing the M1 till I can get a head to head with Mashie and Razr Hawk.

Now, Im not one to wait on anything and with those numbers I cant blame you if you didnt wait but 14*, shorter but very nice shaft with the Mashie easy to use set up sounds like a game enhancer to me.

I love that 3wood. SO much that it's back in the bag. Just far superior control compared to the Cleveland FL.

Kmac makes a good point here and to be honest, I'm excited about the Mashie 3wood. I like that it's shorter. That should equate to even more superior control. I wish there was a 14* option for lefties though.

I am seriously fighting the urge to trade in my milled Anser 2 for a Kombi Mid. Fighting it hard.

No.

I love that 3wood. SO much that it's back in the bag. Just far superior control compared to the Cleveland FL.

Kmac makes a good point here and to be honest, I'm excited about the Mashie 3wood. I like that it's shorter. That should equate to even more superior control. I wish there was a 14* option for lefties though.

Lack of control is why I dont game the Cleveland FL anymore and why I think the Mashie 3W will be more reliable club. This one will be mine.

Now, Im not one to wait on anything and with those numbers I cant blame you if you didnt wait but 14*, shorter but very nice shaft with the Mashie easy to use set up sounds like a game enhancer to me.

I wonder if the shorter and lighter club is going to be good for me. That is one of my struggles with the M3 and it is not in the bag right now for that reason. I wonder if the Mashie 3w will have a nice head weight to it. I think that helps me get through the ball and get solid hits. That is one thing I like about the Razr Hawk driver. The head weight I feel gives me more control. I need to go back over to the Mashie 3W thread and research some more.

One small kicker to this is that Razr Hawk 3w have been going for $99 on the bay. Would that change your mind OEM?

I'm starting to look at replacing my golf bag...pondering a cart bag. Anyone have any suggestions, especially one that has less bag chatter?

I wonder if the shorter and lighter club is going to be good for me. That is one of my struggles with the M3 and it is not in the bag right now for that reason. I wonder if the Mashie 3w will have a nice head weight to it. I think that helps me get through the ball and get solid hits. That is one thing I like about the Razr Hawk driver. The head weight I feel gives me more control. I need to go back over to the Mashie 3W thread and research some more.

One small kicker to this is that Razr Hawk 3w have been going for $99 on the bay. Would that change your mind OEM?

Being that you can get one for so cheap it makes it easy to OEM now and still OEM later if the Mashie 3W turns out to enhance your game. I like it.

I'm starting to look at replacing my golf bag...pondering a cart bag. Anyone have any suggestions, especially one that has less bag chatter?

For less chatter, 14 full length dividers is a must. Omikey is reviewing the Ping cart bag right now that has the dividers.

Personally, I had several major OEM's and have found the Datrek Assault to be the best for me. Plenty of storage, 2 external club wells. Very impressed.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back