How good of a putter are you?

Putting is by far the worst aspect of my game. I am pretty much good for a 3 putt. As I've mentioned before if I ever got serious about my putting I am certain I would be a single digit handicap.

Maybe its that SC in your bag AJ? hehe

Lol, maybe I did putt better with my Yes!. I'm eyeing the Sunset Beach putters now.

I eyed them for a few days, and then gave in. I keep hoping it shows up today.

I do keep track and the last time I looked it was about 2.2 per hole.

But that was before I played a Texas course with G2 Bent Grass greens. They were ummm . . . fast. Yeah, fast . . .

Sorry guys. I was at school and was just posting quickly there. I took a quick guess at it according to the last time I saw my stats here are the real ones:

AVG Per 18: 31.97
Per Hole: 1.78
Per GIR: 1.88

Quite good Dent.

OK, I just looked it up.

My average putts per round: 36.92
Average putts per hole: 2.05 <------that needs some serious improvement

my putting is really touchy. sometimes i can putt like no tomorrow but other times i cant make a 5 footer. it seems like when i start to miss that it isnt terrible, just that something isnt clicking. lately my putting has been pretty good

Could be. I couldnt putt worth a darn with my Cameron Red-X. :angry:

I average 39.5 per 18. My speed is good,the problem is my green reading. My average first putt is 16 feet, which makes me think that if I really worked on my short game I could have more 1 putts.

I wish I was as bad of a putter as Dent! I don't really track my putts, it would probably be depressing if I knew what my stats were though. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure my misses are usually based on bad speed.

I usually two putt with some threes thrown in. Wish I was as bad as Dent too haha

This season, I'm really gonna start keeping good track of my putting. I like the sites mentioned here for stat tracking, but I think I can do just as good a job with excel.

I'm not very good either, I think a lot of my problem is mental. Sometimes by the time I get to the green to putt I have a hard time focusing. I really need to work on focusing on the next shot instead of brooding on the previous shot.

I sometimes feel like Superman, except the green is my kryptonite. The closer I get the worse I get. I am not a good putter at all. On a really good course with quick greens I will 3 put lots of times. I have had good putting days so I know I can do it. I think I need to spend more time practicing.

I spend about 3-4 hours a week on putting practice. I use various drills for alignment, speed, and distance control. I average between 26-30 putts per round. Am trying to decrease my average to around 25 per round.

I spend about 3-4 hours a day on putting practice. I use various drills for alignment, speed, and distance control. I average between 26-30 putts per round. Am trying to decrease my average to around 25 per round.
That's great. I am the typical story. Go to the range, get a large bucket, hit balls for an hour and a half and then spend 15 min putting or chipping (not both) before I leave. Not good.

I usually two putt with some threes thrown in. Wish I was as bad as Dent too haha

This season, I'm really gonna start keeping good track of my putting. I like the sites mentioned here for stat tracking, but I think I can do just as good a job with excel.

I wish I was as bad of a putter as Dent! I don't really track my putts, it would probably be depressing if I knew what my stats were though. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure my misses are usually based on bad speed.

Haha, I only say that because My stats show a little better than my putting actually is. I feel on the course I'm a terrible putter, the stats just don't really show it.

That's great. I am the typical story. Go to the range, get a large bucket, hit balls for an hour and a half and then spend 15 min putting or chipping (not both) before I leave. Not good.
Drive for show, putt for dough. Id say Im the opposite. I practice my putting, chipping/pitching and short irons every day and only go to the driving ranges once or twice a year.

Drive for show, putt for dough. Id say Im the opposite. I practice my putting, chipping/pitching and short irons every day and only go to the driving ranges once or twice a year.

While only twice a year to the driving range is a bit extreme, I agree about the majority(or at least an equal amount) of time spent on short game. I'm positive I'd have a sub teen handicap with a better short game. I'm just too damn busy.

putting

putting

probably a mix of 2 and 3 putts I am really going to try and work at being a bogey golfer this year I am double bogey on par 5's and 4's usually I want to take 5 strokes off of my game this year.

While only twice a year to the driving range is a bit extreme, I agree about the majority(or at least an equal amount) of time spent on short game. I'm positive I'd have a sub teen handicap with a better short game. I'm just too damn busy.
I'll admit that I need to spend more time on the range. I really need to improve my skills with the driver and fairway wood.
Im a 20 handicap right now and whats holding my game back is my tee shots.
Being good with the short irons, weges and putter only goes so far when you hit a 150 yard worm-burner or a huge slice off the tee.

Fairly decent in the putting department, but like any aspect of this game it can go cold without any notice.

Back