TexAg08

Buckle #12 Whoop!!
Reaction score
Handicap
So I have been thinking about upgrading my Driver shaft, of course going to get fit to make sure I get the optimal shaft, well I really like the specs and the technology of the Aldila VooDoo. After watching last week and commenting on how I would like to have the Camo "BooDoo" couriosity got the best of me so I called Aldila customer service which may I say were extremley helpful and friendly. At any rate They said the camo version will be released for the general public in a few months figured I would let everyone know just incase anyone else was interested.

I am very much an Aldila fan, however I do not like the Voodoo at all. I think it has great marketing. I like something with a little more play in the tip and the Voodoo is very "boardish". For Driver shafts I like the UST V2, GD Aura, and GD YSQ AD. They seem to work for me. But get fit and let us know what it came back with.

I'm thinking since my club head speed is somewhere around 100+ now I should switch to a Stiff shaft like I said I'll get fit but JB what would be your first choice brand to look at for a mid launch

Graphite Design YSQ Tour AD or UST V2.

Just to chime in late, I have pretty much the same opinion JB does. The shaft felt very unstable to m and launched a lot higher than I expect a "tour caliber" shaft to launch.

Never late AJ.

Just to chime in late, I have pretty much the same opinion JB does. The shaft felt very unstable to m and launched a lot higher than I expect a "tour caliber" shaft to launch.

I agree completely with your statements AJ! I hate the VooDoo in my 909, I don't have the money to change it yet.

I agree completely with your statements AJ! I hate the VooDoo in my 909, I don't have the money to change it yet.

Yeah I used my 909 fairway for about a month before I sold it.

Yeah I used my 909 fairway for about a month before I sold it.

Yep. I'm going to hold out though because I'm thinking about getting new fairway woods.

Thanks THP for saving me money and aggrevation I respect yalls opinions and will steer clear of the voodoo shaft

I would not steer clear of anything. I would try just about every shaft out there. But me personally, I did not like it at all.

Thanks THP for saving me money and aggrevation I respect yalls opinions and will steer clear of the voodoo shaft

I like Aldila shafts and I actually didnt mind the Voodoo shaft... It was a little too tip stiff for me but I dont have anything bad to say about it. It just isnt the right shaft for what I want to accomplish. It's definately worth a try.

TCT,
Are you speaking of the real Voodoo or the one that is in the 909? They are different shafts.

TCT,
Are you speaking of the real Voodoo or the one that is in the 909? They are different shafts.

I agree and most won't admit it. I've tried both, I felt the 909 "Titleist" version had an even slightly higher launch and felt like it had even less play in the tip. It certainly has a lot more torque.

I too have used both and tried them side by side. The one in the 909 is a freaking board. Zero play in the tip.

Let me chime in, I have an aldila NV in my driver and VS proto in my fairways. This is the second driver I put the NV in, just love it. Although I have never used the Voodoo I am an Adila fan

im not keen on bringing back a 2 week old thread, but i knew we had an aldila thread floating around and i have a question. im hitting the ball really well right now and im getting to the stage where my bag is almost optimized. the only 2 things i have to do now are get a 3i hybrid and a new 58*. anywho, i have a 19* 585h with a stiff nv 85 in it. i love it to death and hit it about 225-230 with the most beautiful trajectory. im going to get a 21* 909h with either an nv or a vs proto, but im not sure which. my question is, has anybody had any experience with the vs proto in their hybrid?

VS Proto is my driver shaft of Choice. I have 4 diverent drivers with different varieties of this shaft.

Last edited:
Fixed it!:clapp:

I realized this thread hasn't been touched in a while but I am curious/interested in a shaft for my TM driver for starters. I just read the Aura review. I like that almost based solely on the price. I did the bridgestone fitting challenge at the KC Golf Show a few months ago. I hit the HX Hot first and these were the numbers:
100.7 ss, 140.3 b/v, 10.0 l/a, 2597 b/s, +513 s/s, 238 dist
iQ 180 Lady numbers, granted I gassed up some because dude recommended a lady ball, these are the numbers:
105.0 ss, 148.2 b/v, 9.6 l/a, 2350 b/s, +487 s/s, 253 dist
After that he gave me my ideal launch specs
100.7 ss, 149.1 b/v, 12.5 l/a,2449 b/s, +0 s/s, 261 dist

I am looking for a starting point on shaft research. I like to draw/hook the ball but at some point would like to be able draw or fade on command. Right now I have a mid launch ball flight(at least that what it looks like to me.
Any body want to weigh in.....please?:alien2:

I realized this thread hasn't been touched in a while but I am curious/interested in a shaft for my TM driver for starters. I just read the Aura review. I like that almost based solely on the price. I did the bridgestone fitting challenge at the KC Golf Show a few months ago. I hit the HX Hot first and these were the numbers:
100.7 ss, 140.3 b/v, 10.0 l/a, 2597 b/s, +513 s/s, 238 dist
iQ 180 Lady numbers, granted I gassed up some because dude recommended a lady ball, these are the numbers:
105.0 ss, 148.2 b/v, 9.6 l/a, 2350 b/s, +487 s/s, 253 dist
After that he gave me my ideal launch specs
100.7 ss, 149.1 b/v, 12.5 l/a,2449 b/s, +0 s/s, 261 dist

I am looking for a starting point on shaft research. I like to draw/hook the ball but at some point would like to be able draw or fade on command. Right now I have a mid launch ball flight(at least that what it looks like to me.
Any body want to weigh in.....please?:alien2:

What are you looking to change in your ball flight? What shaft do you have now? What flex?

The Graphite Design Aura for its price is one of the best shafts we have tried. I currently have the Aura Red tipped an in my Evolver.

I would like a higher flight. Maybe that'll make it go further. It's a S-flex. The shaft is the factory shaft. Don't think that it has a brand. I'll have to go downstairs and check.

I would like a higher flight. Maybe that'll make it go further. It's a S-flex. The shaft is the factory shaft. Don't think that it has a brand. I'll have to go downstairs and check.

IMO the UST ProForce V2 High Launch is the best high launch shaft for the money. I would see if you can hit a driver with that shaft, it's a great shaft that would give you a higher ball flight.

Back