How many years playing golf

11 years here and I still haven't broken 80. It's so depressing.:crying:

Thanks for that JB and GolferGal! It is great to be back in golf I didn't realize how much I missed it until I got back into it. It was hard a struggle and difficult at first, but worth the work!

I've been swinging the sticks for about 12 years. I haven't played more than a round or 2 a year for quite sometime. I got more involved in baseball, girls, and fishing and put the golf on the back burner.

Sure wish I would have left those girls alone. I'd have a better setup now if I had. :alien2:

Started playing when I was a kid but never took it seriously, then started playing casually maybe 5 or 6 times a years with buddies about 14 years ago, been playing weekly for about 7-8 years.

my introduction to the game was strange... I was someone who made fun of golf in high school (old mans sport ect etc). my freshman year at Bowdoin my roommate took me out to play and that started the downhill trend in my life.

from day one, I took the game incredibly serious, spent a great deal of money on clubs etc etc

I played 100 rounds last year... I graduated in May of 2007 and started working in October. In that time, I played 36 holes every day!

And now he writes about equipment....hehe

working in a golf shop were some of my best days... if it werent for these damn loans!

I think I first touched a golf club about 45 years ago. The clubs had belonged to my father in the 1920's or early 30's. There was a genuine niblick and 2 or 3 other old clubs. I played for a summer or two in the 70's and haven't touched a club again until NOW! 2009 is my year!

We think with your time on THP you will definitely improve.

I played 100 rounds last year... I graduated in May of 2007 and started working in October. In that time, I played 36 holes every day!

that sounds like me in the summer, i play 18-36 holes 4 times a week

I've been playing golf for about 5 years now. When I was younger, me and my little bro would go out with my dad and uncle when they played and 'caddy' for them. Then I got my first set when I was 16 and hardly a day goes by when I don't think about golf. :)

I have been playing for like 2 years. But those are Alaska golf years, so its more like 10 months of playing. If you include range time in this then were back to 2 years. But it only took me a week until I was breaking 100.

Growing up, I would play 3 or 4 rounds of 9 a year with my dad. This year was the first that I played in the family tournament (a couple of my uncles are low handicappers and one is a scratch) over Memorial Day (shot 112 for 18).

After that weekend, I decided I wanted to play once a week or so, after work. That turned into three or four times a week until winter hit here. Last round of the year; 78. Hoping to get down to scratch next year, although I know the progression down from where I am now to scratch is an arduous one.

Been golfing for 7 years but mostly in the last 4 years i've grown to love it and actually take the time to learn it. Some of the best times i've had playing and practicing this game!

Started when I was 16, but haven't played a single hole since 2002. I think my best year I probably played about 20 rounds. Worst round ever - Edinburgh USA in Brooklyn Park, MN (Robert Trent Jones III design). Course ate me alive. My home course, I was shooting about 85 or so, but posted a 112 that day at Edinburgh. :beat-up:

Started "playing" when I was 13, played until college. Took a few years off then started hacking around cheap munis for a few years until a good friend invited me to the member guest at his club. I didn't have a cap at the time so I was forced to play everyday for two weeks so I could develop a trend which was good enough for the tournament. After that weekend I was hooked and I haven't stopped playing since. That's been about 10 years now.

6 years steady - occasional golfer for 12 before that.

In April-May 2009, it will be 2 years.

I was thinking the same thing CM....hehe

Remember, I started out with a coach and practice 40-50 hours per week. I moved to a new coach in 9/2008, since I needed somone that could help me shave off additional strokes. My current coach works with various famous PGA Tour players. So far, he has helped me to shorten and flatten by backswing. He also has helped me in delofted the clubface on my irons thus producing a better ball flight and more distance. The new swing changes are ingrained yet, but hopefully by spring or early summer they will be.

I've been playing 2 years consistantly, not counting trips to the range with dad, with a sixth month break inbetween. For never having never been with a pro or coach I'm pretty happy with my 15 handicap.

Back