Cleveland 588 Custom Wedges

The GoDaddy thing you are looking at is not their custom wedge site. I am sure they will have it up today. They are on the west coast so they are very likely working on it right now.

The site is up and running and the active link is http://www.clevelandgolf.com/mycustomwedge/

Thanks for the updates. I realize that a very small segment of the population will care about this, but the website www.mycustomwedge.com was what they listed in their original press releases (IIRC), and that site is registered to Cleveland Golf. They should just make that site redirect to the link that you listed.

Something akin to this would be sick! This was a very quick put together.

588Example.png
I like it! Very solid work buddy.

Thanks for the updates. I realize that a very small segment of the population will care about this, but the website www.mycustomwedge.com was what they listed in their original press releases (IIRC), and that site is registered to Cleveland Golf. They should just make that site redirect to the link that you listed.

They are working on it.

These look fantastic! I was under the impression that the Select Grinds where only on the raw wedges and the skins were only on the Black finish. JBs looks like it has both. Is this the case. Also, what grind did you get JB?

These look fantastic! I was under the impression that the Select Grinds where only on the raw wedges and the skins were only on the Black finish. JBs looks like it has both. Is this the case. Also, what grind did you get JB?

I'm curious about what grind I would get. Apparently the favorite of tour players is both sides, no front or back. Says the website.

I'm not JB, but I was just on the site and they only offer the custom grinds on the RTG finish. I'm not sure about the skins part of things.

i really like the way these look... wish they offered the regular 588 in black pearl so i could buy one custom and buy 2 regular wedges to save some dough. at least they would match better.

I really like them. The price is steep, but the looks are awesome.

I too think the skins cheapen the wedge. I like super simple looking stuff. But the options on the custom site, being able to omit certain things is a huge benefit and I would completely take advantage of if I were in the market for new wedge.s.

You are correct, the skins are only for the pearl black finish and the grinds are only on the RTG or raw finish.

I still really like them, skins or not. I wish they offered the grinds in multiple finishes like the TVD's since I loathe rusted heads, that would make them much more tempting but even still these are very intriguing...

Though I have finally nailed down why I don't mind the price of the custom putter but balk at these. With the putter, I could use it for the next 20 years (in theory) while the wedges might see a couple seasons before they need to be replaced from wear. Granted that'll be true for any custom wedge one does but it just bites the wallet a little more when each wedge is creeping into the $250 range

I too think the skins cheapen the wedge. I like super simple looking stuff. But the options on the custom site, being able to omit certain things is a huge benefit and I would completely take advantage of if I were in the market for new wedge.s.

I think you wouldn't think they cheapen it if you saw them in person.

You are correct, the skins are only for the pearl black finish and the grinds are only on the RTG or raw finish.

But JBs has a skin on it (appears to be Black Pearl finish), but also says "Select Grind". How is that?

I think I just found the answer to my question. If you look at David Toms' wedge, it also says Select Grind and yet is in the Satin finish. JB being JB got the tour treatment! AWESOME!

But JBs has a skin on it (appears to be Black Pearl finish), but also says "Select Grind". How is that?

I chose the SG logo, because I liked the look of it. It does not have a select grind.

Well now my previous post is completely useless and wrong! haha. Thanks JB for the response!
I chose the SG logo, because I liked the look of it. It does not have a select grind.

.....as they are being used to "take me behind the woodshed".

Isn't that what you meant to post? Hmmm?

No because he didn't play the custom hehe

WOW ARE THOSE GORGEOUS! I need these!

I like the idea of custom wedges but after going to the website, I think the price is a little to high for me.

I think I might have just found the coolest part of the custom wedges...Collegiate shafts!

GG do you have any info on what exactly they are?

The website is pretty sweet. I can really see these custom options being more realistic for a larger audience if they offered a discount for every additional wedge you buy. They may have this in mind down the road once they've been on the market awhile, but $600 for a wedge set is steep.

I still use my dad's old 588 and I plan on keeping them forever but I might have to get the new ones for next season. I like the argyle but I don't want to spend $200 per wedge, I would actually prefer the wedges without most of the logos but again, $200 to not engrave it? Seems like it should be less expensive.

I was playing around last night with the custom feature. I really like the looks of the wedge when they are completely plain.

Back