scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
I assume JB will know...I am about ready to get an Evolver driver, my ? is...can other interchangeable shafts work/fit on it? Like the Callaway ones or is each companies different and use a different attachment?

You would have to buy the tips for attachment from Nickent, but any shaft will work. I am really confused. I thought you loved your 909 with the Voodoo?

I do love it! Quit messing with me:>)
I still want a great second driver...remember I have two bags, one is left at my weekend place.

No it's a different system, the I-Miz shafts don't work with Evolver. Don't know about Nickent but Callaway has stated several times they have ZERO plans to offer an adapter to make your own I-mix shafts or fir the shafts for other interchangeable drivers. BTW isn't that 909 brand new lol, not that I'm one to talk.

No it's a different system, the I-Miz shafts don't work with Evolver. Don't know about Nickent but Callaway has stated several times they have ZERO plans to offer an adapter to make your own I-mix shafts or fir the shafts for other interchangeable drivers. BTW isn't that 909 brand new lol, not that I'm one to talk.

:p JB beat me to it, I'm sure his info is more up to date than mine.

If you are referring to putting any "non tipped" shaft in the driver, then yes you can with the Nickent Tips. If you are trying to put Callaway's proprietary shafts in it, you might have some issues.

If you are referring to putting any "non tipped" shaft in the driver, then yes you can with the Nickent Tips. If you are trying to put Callaway's proprietary shafts in it, you might have some issues.

Yeah that's what I meant, I'm relatively "new" to the Nickent line but I know that Cally won't let any loose adapters out.

Thinking, if the companies would come up with a universal adapter, I bet all companies that did interchangeable shafts would see more sales overall for these types of drivers.

Scooter,
For the Evolver, you can buy almost any shaft in the world for it. You would just have to put a tip on.

Those just glue on, or simple process for a repairguy to perform? I would actually just buy a Fuji like yours for it, but it would be cool to try some others I've never got to./

The Fuji Fit-on is available right from them with the tip on it. Or you can buy the tips and most fitters can put it the tip on for you.

I had a Graphite Design Aura tipped and it took them about 5 minutes.

... and where would one buy these adaptors?

From Nickent. They will be available in their online store in the next few days.

From Nickent. They will be available in their online store in the next few days.

So... will this lengthen the shaft? Or do they cut it down and then put the adaptor on?

Usually you would butt cut it so that you do not mess with the tip.

Harry is officially back.

Who did you speak with that told you this?

I just called Nickent to find out how to buy some and the person that answered the customer service line said the only way I would be able to purchase an adaptor is from someone that specializes in customizing Nickent products. Even at that point I wouldn't even be purchasing the adaptor... I would be handing them a shaft to put the adaptor on. I have no problem with this but where in the hell am I supposed to find one of these shops that they consider a Nickent repair shop?

They said they have not heard about any plans of it being offered in their online store.

TCT,
They will be offered soon. If you need some, just let me know, as I have quite a few sitting here.

Back