Old drivers that stil rock

Best "old" drivers?

Best "old" drivers?

I had a hit of a friends Nickent 4dx Evolver today and was hitting it sweet! Got me thinking about what are the best older driver out there?
The Bridgestone j33r is one I see come up fairly often in discussions. Any others?

Callaway FTI-Q the thing goes like a cannon

I still see a lot of the TMag R7's, I know I used to hit mine pretty good too.

#1. Cleveland Hibore XL. Killer driver and you can get them cheap now. No better value around. For me its still a better driver than the 09 Launcher, the DST or any of the Ultralights. (though I have high expectations for the CLassic and the CG Black)

559-Cleveland_HiBore_XL_Driver2.jpg

#2. Ping Rapture V2. Cost a fortune when it came out but you can get it reasonably now and most say its still better then the G10, G15, K15 or G20.

images

I'm still gaming my Cobra L4V, i did get it reshafted, but it still goes farther than any of the newest driver i've tried.

What shaft did you put into the L4V? I love my old L4V, but it just balloons for me and its not very long. Dead straight thou.

I have a love/hate relationship w/ my NVG2. Glad to see that someone else also has that in their bag also.

I still think the MacTec NVG2 has one of the best feeling faces I've ever hit.

The Cleveland Hi Bore XL Tour was a decent one as well. Although not that old. It's my back-up but really has no chance of going back in. I'm thinking of letting it go to a good home...free.

Alex

My dad used the Taylormade Bubble burner (featured on a Throwback Thursday here) for 10 years until he got the Cleveland Launcher DST and he hit that old one pretty good :D

Merged.

Dont know if 6 years old, counts as old enough to be included in this list, but I still love me FT3 Fusion. I have tried to buy new drivers over the years, but when I go hit something on the LM side by side with mine, nothing seems to match up.

I'm not sure what it is, but my dads friend will still often chuck his driver made of Wood in his bag. He says he finds it the most consistent club he has ever used, And he bombs it 320-330 with it. It's actually nuts I've used it before and i was lucky too hit it 140 yards, i guess when you grow up using something you get really use too that...

My Launcher is maybe 5 years old now. I haven't hit anything I like better since the day I first picked it up (it was used) and I have hit more long and straight drives with it than any other driver I have ever owned no question. Eventually I will have to find a backup in case it breaks or something but right now it still works great.

Back