Golfsmith Customer Service

Oregon Golfer

#XBomb
Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted to share a positive experience I had with Golfsmith's CS. I ordered some blemished Lampkin 3Gen grips from the golfsmith website, they came out to $1.59 each net which is a steal of a deal. When they arrived the grips were white, I had expected black grips from the product description. I emailed customer service asking about the discrepancy. They responded and apologized and said that there was conflicting info in the product detail. They told me that they would send me new grips of my choice, (any grip not just 'blemished'), and I could keep the white Lampkin's as a goodwill gesture. I thought they went above and beyond with this. I have some new VDR's on the way now.

Thats awesome! I've always had good experiences IN the Golfsmith store, but have never ordered anything online. Good to know they're easy to work with.

Have always had good experiences with Golfsmith. Even returned clubs I had bought somewhere else and they returned them no issues.

I have had quite a few mix ups while ordering online with them, but they have always fixed them. Nothing bad to say about Golfsmith.

Another example of GS Customer Service :

I bought some Pentas over the summer from GolfSmith online. I ordered them in advance of a golf trip and waited patiently for them to arrive. When they had yet to arrive a week after the "Item has shipped" email came in, I called up customer service.

Customer service realized that the system did not account for availability properly and my order was back ordered in the warehouse that it was shipping from. CS rep apologized, shipped my Pentas from a different warehouse and set them up for overnight delivery at no extra charge.

Got my golf balls in time for the trip (not many made it back).

GS is usually really good about things like this, I always feel safe and never worry about ordering from them.

I have had quite a few mix ups while ordering online with them, but they have always fixed them. Nothing bad to say about Golfsmith.

Has this been a recent thing for you? I've pretty much ordered exclusively from them for over a decade and experienced nothing but smooth, efficient service and satisfaction. 2 out of my last 3 orders from them have involved mix ups. They always make it right, much to their credit, but it seems like they have too many orders and not enough people to keep things straight recently. I'll still send them orders, don't get me wrong.

That's good to hear good things about GS. Haven't had much dealing with them but anytime I have they have been good with shipping and product.

+1.

That is awesome! Those are my two favorite grips. I have both on my clubs and LOVE both! Great job GS!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but had a few poor experiences with GS. Granted, both of these were found in the Deal of the Day thread & were obvious pricing errors on their behalf. They just flat cancelled the orders and never notified me. Other than that, they've been good in my book.

Golfsmith is always nice. they have a good customer service for the most part in all the stores I shopped.

I sure hope they have good customer service. I picked up my driver on Friday (installed a new shaft). Saturday morning, I realized it's 44 inches, not 45... Headed there tomorrow to see how it goes.

That's great news, far too often we hear complaints about customer service, It's nice to hear that good customer service still exists.

Nice to hear. I too have had really good experiences with them.

Agreed. I ordered 3 items, but only received 2. When I called they said they ran out of the 3rd item, but would ship it to me if they found it from another store. I ended up getting the last item, but kinda irked that I had to call about my order. They never told me about the issue, but they resolved it quickly and politely.

GS is very good. They handled a return for me properly and they always seem to ship promptly. May depend on where you live as far as timing for online orders.

I have had excellent service from Golfsmith both in-store and online. I haven't had to contact customer service for any problems. In-store they have been just great. If I ask a question that they don't know, they go and find the answer. I'm also very impressed with the Golftec in this particular store. I'm hoping Santa with give me the swing eval with 3 lessons that is on special.

The only time I've had bad customer service from GS is when they have pricing errors online, but I can't entirely blame them for some of that.

I've never had a bad experience at Golfsmith, and it's the only big golf store near so it's almost all I use in person.

I have always had good experiences with Golfsmith. In recent years, their capability of ordering custom-specific clubs has increased as well, making the experience that much easier.

Back