What are you reading?

My kind of guy! Love germ books! Read "The Great Influenza" yet? Very well written and readable account of the 1918 flu epidemic that probably killed around 75 million people.
No, but thank for the heads up. I find bacteria/viruses fascinating. Amazing "critters".

Reading the final book in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Read "The Demon in the Freezer". One of the best explanations about smallpox as it still exists in the freezers of Russia, US, others.
Along with others. And, today many "exotic" diseases are just an airplane ride away from spreading continent to continent.

I just finished "Snowman, the $80 Champion." Sounds "hokey," but it ended up being a really interesting read. Also finished Baldacci's latest.

I just started Grisham's latest "the Litigators," and have the new Vince Flynn on my waiting list.

We have a great Library system here in Ocean County, NJ!

Just picked up the Steve Jobs biography. I'm looking forward to cracking this open.

Im currently reading, "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind". Its a very interesting book.

Just finished The Lion (Nelson DeMille). Somewhat predictable, but a fun mindless read.

I finished The Hunger Games and am know reading the second in the series. On a Nook!

I'm a young adult.

Kevin

I finished The Hunger Games and am know reading the second in the series. On a Nook!

I'm a young adult.

Kevin

I am in my late 30's and read all three in the series. I really enjoyed them.

I am in my late 30's and read all three in the series. I really enjoyed them.

I'm 50. The first one was pretty good. The star of the upcoming movie is the girl from Winter's Bone, so they got themselves a good actress for that. It's like a Japanese novel I read called Battle Royale, only in teen form. My daughter and all her friends loved them so I gave it a go and was glad I did. Plus it was easy to read which was good for my recently overtaxed brain. I'm also not minding the Nook, surprisingly.

Next thing you know I'll be texting and Tapatalking on a smart phone.

Kevin

Just finished 7 days in Utopia. Some good information to make you rethink your game but I could have done without the religious content. Got too preachy towards the end for my taste.

Like Essox, my daughter raved about the Hunger Games so I just started the first book in that series

'No Left Turns'. A non-fiction, humorous look at one agent's FBI life.

Written by a former FBI agent who worked during Hoover's stint. He's a local guy, 90. He went to see Eastwood/DiCaprio's new movie, J. Edgar, and was heard saying "Bullsh1t" outloud, numerous times during the movie. LOL!

Here is an interesting interview with the Author
http://www.fwweekly.com/index.php?o...to-the-bureau&catid=30:cover-story&Itemid=375

Finished The Hunger Games trilogy. I enjoyed it. I would like to write a trilogy that popular and then retire to the golf course.

Kevin

Finished The Hunger Games trilogy. I enjoyed it. I would like to write a trilogy that popular and then retire to the golf course.

Kevin

I'm halfway through the 2nd book and I must say, it's very engrossing. The way she writes just sucks you into the story

Kevin

Who wouldn't? How was that series btw? I was thinking about reading it.

Just started Penicks Little Red Book for the first time. Can't believe I never gave it a shot before. Only a few chapters in and already full of highlights. Such an easy read and I think it will absolutely help my game.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I wait till the movie comes out and then read the book.

Currently reading A Dirty Job, very entertaining

I finished a post-apocalyptic novel from 1985 called Fiskadoro by Denis Johnson. Beautifully written, albeit a bit convoluted. You sort of have to make some assumptions about what happened before the period when the novel is set, and what will happen after it ends. I had read it before. It's a Vintage Contemporary printing. Good stuff.

Last night I started another post-apocalyptic young adult novel called Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigulpi. Got a couple chapters into it. This book is the first of a new series and was nominated for a bunch of awards. Much more substantial than The Hunger Games. Beautiful prose. Really seems like it's going to be much more than a quick-read young adult novel.

Why do the young adults get all the cool speculative fiction literature?

Kevin

Because we are awesome. The Giver, another YA novel, is one of my all time favorite books.
I finished a post-apocalyptic novel from 1985 called Fiskadoro by Denis Johnson. Beautifully written, albeit a bit convoluted. You sort of have to make some assumptions about what happened before the period when the novel is set, and what will happen after it ends. I had read it before. It's a Vintage Contemporary printing. Good stuff.

Last night I started another post-apocalyptic young adult novel called Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigulpi. Got a couple chapters into it. This book is the first of a new series and was nominated for a bunch of awards. Much more substantial than The Hunger Games. Beautiful prose. Really seems like it's going to be much more than a quick-read young adult novel.

Why do the young adults get all the cool speculative fiction literature?

Kevin

Because we are awesome. The Giver, another YA novel, is one of my all time favorite books.

I've looked at that. There is some really good stuff out there in the genre, and some of it doesn't seem that young adult. The only difference is the lack of graphic sex and the violence is more hinted at than described.

Kevin

Exactly. There are some really great ones out there. The Time Quartet, anything by Lois Lowry, ect.
I've looked at that. There is some really good stuff out there in the genre, and some of it doesn't seem that young adult. The only difference is the lack of graphic sex and the violence is more hinted at than described.

Kevin

Unconscious Putting, Dave Stockton Very interesting book so far. There are a lot of things we do unconsciously - driving, signing our name, things we have done a million times and don't even think about while we are doing them. Putting should be the same way according to Dave Stockton.
I have just started but it looks like a good read and a simple green reading and putting method. Much thinner than Pelz Putting bible thats for sure.

Well, I got a couple books for Christmas I am delving into. Two were Pearls Before Swine Collections (A comic strip I love, in case you are unfamiliar). The other was the Steve Jobs biography. The thing is HUGE!!

The Swinger. Very good so far. It's about a very good golfer named Tree Tremont (real name Herbert X.) who is the most famous athlete in the world. It tells the story of him getting caught by his wife and his life and game spiraling downward from there. For some reason this story rings a bell in the back of my mind.

Back