Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want a playoff, but would love a Plus 1. Think about these games;
LSU vs Stanford
Alabama vs Oklahoma State

Winners square off in the BCS Title Game.

WE, I agree. That would be a great system. Would love to see OKST vs Bama and LSU vs Stanford with the winners playing in the title.

Just want to point out that the SEC commissioner and the ACC commissioner proposed a system similar to this and the other conferences wouldn't even hear them out! However, the interim commissioner for the BIG12 is now pushing for it. They should do it.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...er-chuck-neinas-pushes-plus-one-playoff-model

Plus 1 would be pointless in years like 2010 when only 2 teams went undefeated. However it would settle the debate when several teams end with 1 loss. Like it or not the BCS paired the 2 best teams in LSU and Bama

LSU vs Stanford

I agree. But devil's advocate... Oregon won the Pac 12 and beat Stanford. Would it really be Stanford? Or the Pac 12 champ? Edit: My point is that even the +1 has flaws. People would be saying "there are 2 teams in the BCS that didn't win their conference"

LSU vs Stanford

I would watch all games for sure, I may not tune in to the BCS champ game because the first one was quite boring.

Heisman finalists: Robert Griffin III, Tyrann Mathieu, Trent Richardson, Andrew Luck and Montee Ball.

Who does everyone think will win? I'll give it to RGIII, had a more impressive season than Luck.

Not going to watch the BCS game, well, maybe, but I won't be happy about it. RG3 is the Heisman winner. I think he will be a good QB at the next level also.

Heisman finalists: Robert Griffin III, Tyrann Mathieu, Trent Richardson, Andrew Luck and Montee Ball.

Who does everyone think will win? I'll give it to RGIII, had a more impressive season than Luck.

I like rg3. He put those numbers at the powerhouse that is baylor, says enough for me. I'm over Luck big time.

--
tapatalk

I don't know who will win the Heisman. Maybe RGIII. He would be an excellent choice. Had a great year.

RG3 would get my vote

I don't know who will win the Heisman. Maybe RGIII. He would be an excellent choice. Had a great year.

RG3 would get my vote
After watching him live down in Waco last Saturday beat up my Horns and seeing what he brings to the table...........he should win. He's done everything to win.

RG3 for sure would get my vote. But that LSU corner(I hate spelling his last name) made a strong case in the SEC championship game. All in all not a very exciting Heisman race in my opinion.

I like rg3. He put those numbers at the powerhouse that is baylor, says enough for me. I'm over Luck big time.

--
tapatalk
I agree, on both counts. Luck seemed to be pretty pedestrian this year, yet still the lock for the #1 pick.

RG3 for sure would get my vote. But that LSU corner(I hate spelling his last name) made a strong case in the SEC championship game. All in all not a very exciting Heisman race in my opinion.
RG3 or Mathieu are both deserving. Mathieu is one of the most exciting defensive players I have ever watched play the game. One stat that I found interesting (after 7 games this year) he had more forced fumbles in 7 games for LSU, than any other LSU defender had in a career.

How is this not an exciting Heisman race when you could make an argument for any of the finalists and no one knows who will win? Normally the whole telecast leads to a pre-known result.

One thing I pray for is the voters actually vote in full. This only voting for 1 person business needs to stop. Either fill out the ballot in full or lose your vote.

--
tapatalk

Honey badger for Heisman!

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

I'm happy that Montee Ball got an invite. I really happy that he's a junior. Hopefully he comes back for his senior season.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tersen-boise-state-broncos-everyone-tired-bcs
I'm sure this is a skim but I just was reading the comments on this article and saw this..

"Any system which leaves 6,7,8 and 9 on the benches in favor of 11, 13, 14 and 23 is broken."

What are your guys' thoughts about that? Isn't it true?

That is no different than any playoff system in virtually every sport.
In the NFL we had Seattle last year.
Lots of times great teams get left out, based on what division or conference they are in.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tersen-boise-state-broncos-everyone-tired-bcs
I'm sure this is a skim but I just was reading the comments on this article and saw this..

"Any system which leaves 6,7,8 and 9 on the benches in favor of 11, 13, 14 and 23 is broken."

What are your guys' thoughts about that? Isn't it true?

Any system that prevents any of the players people are paying to see from gaining any direct fiscal benefit, is broken to me. I know its not tied to NCAAF, but its the most glaring example.

Any system that prevents any of the players people are paying to see from gaining any direct fiscal benefit, is broken to me. I know its not tied to NCAAF, but its the most glaring example.

NCAA Football players get paid plenty. They just choose to spend it like idiots.

My vote would go the the honey badger and then monte ball.

Wasn't the honey badger suspended for a game this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back