Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our heat messed up here at work, due to a power failure. They just told us today in December, that they have to wait for it to warm up some to be able to light the pilot light. It is December, I don't think the weather is going to get warmer! I guess we don't have heat till the Spring.

Woke up today and cant stop shivering...its 39*...I moved here to get away from this weather!

So our heat messed up here at work, due to a power failure. They just told us today in December, that they have to wait for it to warm up some to be able to light the pilot light. It is December, I don't think the weather is going to get warmer! I guess we don't have heat till the Spring.

Use a blow torch.

It sucks when your best appointment of the day is a 75 year old lady whose policy will cost about $300 a month. Gonna be a fun day of driving around the city today.

Only good thing is I won't take any money from her and if she gets approved, it will be a nice payday in a month.

Woke up today and cant stop shivering...its 39*...I moved here to get away from this weather!

HAHAHA! I don't have it nearly as bad as some of our Canadian members, but I always laugh at stuff like that. It just puts it into perspective for me I guess.

Damn coffee

Waiting on a response from counteroffer on a house sucks. Get that snow melted in KC, we're moving there in 5 weeks

Waiting on a response from counteroffer on a house sucks. Get that snow melted in KC, we're moving there in 5 weeks

I actually like buying homes and playing that game, I HATE selling though.

Yea, unfortunately we are on the selling end this time. I agree, its a hell of a lot of fun to be on the buying side. Luckily, we don't NEED to sell, but it'd be nice to have it sold before we move halfway across the country.

Yea, unfortunately we are on the selling end this time. I agree, its a hell of a lot of fun to be on the buying side. Luckily, we don't NEED to sell, but it'd be nice to have it sold before we move halfway across the country.

ohhh, selling. not fun!!

Both parties get pretty whiny. Buyers get emotional because their offer was countered and they don't always want to pay that much. Sellers get really emotional because they take the starting offer personal if it's low. Then they both get whiny over things like repairs and closing costs.

Both parties get pretty whiny. Buyers get emotional because their offer was countered and they don't always want to pay that much. Sellers get really emotional because they take the starting offer personal if it's low. Then they both get whiny over things like repairs and closing costs.

Agreed, I've never had a sale go really smoothly, but I do like buying. I'm trying to buy another right now it the price is right.

Since we aren't desperate, we had several offers walk away who were just trying to low ball. We got a good offer last night and they didn't ask for any closing costs. We just made a minor counter, agreed to pay the inspection fixes (house only 8 yrs old). With the credit market being so tight, I was pleased to see a buyer who didn't need help with the down payment, hopefully it makes the likelihood of cancellation much lower.

Agreed, I've never had a sale go really smoothly, but I do like buying. I'm trying to buy another right now it the price is right.

I've had a couple transactions that have and it's actually unsettling a bit. We expect something to happen along the way. Not always big, but something where you have to sit down and figure out a solution. When nothing goes wrong? Great for the buyers and sellers, but the agents look at each other confused and laugh cause it's pretty rare.

Since we aren't desperate, we had several offers walk away who were just trying to low ball. We got a good offer last night and they didn't ask for any closing costs. We just made a minor counter, agreed to pay the inspection fixes (house only 8 yrs old). With the credit market being so tight, I was pleased to see a buyer who didn't need help with the down payment, hopefully it makes the likelihood of cancellation much lower.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly man, I know the US housing market is still iffy so all the best man.

I've had a couple transactions that have and it's actually unsettling a bit. We expect something to happen along the way. Not always big, but something where you have to sit down and figure out a solution. When nothing goes wrong? Great for the buyers and sellers, but the agents look at each other confused and laugh cause it's pretty rare.

I hear you, I haven't used a real estate agent for my last 3 house deals. No offence though, you just charge a lot of money.

Not really RANTing here .... but I'm trying to upload my Initial Impressions of the Ping Cart Bag and YouTube is taking for_fricking_EVER ....

something about them being in READ ONLY mode, and they have been uploading for over an hour ... on broadband JEZZZZ

Hopefully it all goes smoothly man, I know the US housing market is still iffy so all the best man.

I hear you, I haven't used a real estate agent for my last 3 house deals. No offence though, you just charge a lot of money.

Those agents who get stupid lucky, wind up doing almost no work in the transaction, and still get paid? Yeah I hate them. They make us look bad because they got paid a lot and didn't work for it. They usually don't last long since they have no idea what they're doing but it gives us the bad stigma. If you get a good agent, congrats. If you don't, fire em and get a better one if they haven't shut you off to the idea.

If the agent can show you a way that makes you 3% more on the sale of your home than you could on your own, then you still win in the long run. Good agents can, bad agents can't always do so.

Those agents who get stupid lucky, wind up doing almost no work in the transaction, and still get paid? Yeah I hate them. They make us look bad because they got paid a lot and didn't work for it. They usually don't last long since they have no idea what they're doing but it gives us the bad stigma. If you get a good agent, congrats. If you don't, fire em and get a better one if they haven't shut you off to the idea.

If the agent can show you a way that makes you 3% more on the sale of your home than you could on your own, then you still win in the long run. Good agents can, bad agents can't always do so.

I have had some good agents, and some bad agents, but based on our housing market here even a good agent is well, well overpaid especially for what I do. I buy houses and renovate and sell, or I buy lots and tear down and build. You can't buy a house where I live for less than $500,000 so the two agents would split $25000, that kills my profit margins, and just IMHO is too much money off the sale of one home. 5% is just too high, if realestate agents were about 1%, maybe 2% then I would be in, but 5% is outrageous and I refuse to play that game.

Things may be different in the states, I'm not sure, but I can list on MLS here without a realestate agent, and do most of the advertising myself.

i like you though mward!

I have had some good agents, and some bad agents, but based on our housing market here even a good agent is well, well overpaid especially for what I do. I buy houses and renovate and sell, or I buy lots and tear down and build. You can't buy a house where I live for less than $500,000 so the two agents would split $25000, that kills my profit margins, and just IMHO is too much money off the sale of one home. 5% is just too high, if realestate agents were about 1%, maybe 2% then I would be in, but 5% is outrageous and I refuse to play that game.

Things may be different in the states, I'm not sure, but I can list on MLS here without a realestate agent, and do most of the advertising myself.

i like you though mward!

That is the same way here. I paid a guy off of Craigslist $275 and he put me in the MLS system. It worked great. The only problem is that I had to pay the 3% for the other agent. At least I didn't have to pay the 3% of the listing agent.

We're first time sellers, so we wanted to get some experience using a realtor as we got our feet wet. We looked at the MLS listing services, but since I travel so much, I didn't want to have to worry about having to schedule showings around my travel schedule or use a random lockbox from Home Depot.

Our house is only in the middle 160s so the commission is only a few thousand bucks. The piece of mind and ease is why we listed with an agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back