Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're sure smart enough. I wish I was slightly more math inclined, but, alas, I am not.

It's just something I've always done. My parents had me reading and doing schoolwork and such from when I was really little. Especially math. I'm very grateful of my parents for that.

Same. Hence the product engineering. Hopefully I can get on doing R&D with some golf company, that's my dream job. Internships are the way to go. I have one that's in my old degree (Civil) and even though its a different degree, some of the things I've learned and the interactions I've had have been really awesome. Plus it'll rock on my resume

That's sweet. Now I know, thanks. Product engineering ---> golf R&D (exactly what I want to do). At Cornell they said they've had some internships as golf OEMs before, so that should help me if I get in there.

It's just something I've always done. My parents had me reading and doing schoolwork and such from when I was really little. Especially math. I'm very grateful of my parents for that.
Reading was always my thing, as you know. Just a voracious appetite for it. My parents just sorta let me do my own thing. Oh, did I tell you that I am interviewing for a full ride next month?

That's sweet. Now I know, thanks. Product engineering ---> golf R&D (exactly what I want to do). At Cornell they said they've had some internships as golf OEMs before, so that should help me if I get in there.

There you go! Good luck to ya. They'll try to break you your first 2 years to see who can make it and who can't. Atleast that's the way it is here. We're also one of the biggest engineering schools in the country so they try to weed people out with beginning classes (Physics 1&2, Calc 1-3, DiffEQ, Statics, Solids, etc.). If you can make it past those classes, you'll be in good shape for your actual major classes. PM me if you ever have any questions.

Reading was always my thing, as you know. Just a voracious appetite for it. My parents just sorta let me do my own thing. Oh, did I tell you that I am interviewing for a full ride next month?

You didn't but that's great dude! Best of luck to you! I hear back from Cornell Thursday night, so with that on top of more MC announcements, I don't know how I'll occupy myself all of Thursday. :D

There you go! Good luck to ya. They'll try to break you your first 2 years to see who can make it and who can't. Atleast that's the way it is here. We're also one of the biggest engineering schools in the country so they try to weed people out with beginning classes (Physics 1&2, Calc 1-3, DiffEQ, Statics, Solids, etc.). If you can make it past those classes, you'll be in good shape for your actual major classes. PM me if you ever have any questions.

Will do and it sounds great. I'm not a very hard worker in school, but I'll definately try harder in college. One last thing if I may, where are you at school?

Lol.

D-Maik-- MOM! DAD!! I"M GOING TO BE IN THE MC!!!!!!

Dad-- Who cares! You got into Cornell!

Lol.

D-Maik-- MOM! DAD!! I"M GOING TO BE IN THE MC!!!!!!

Dad-- Who cares! You got into Cornell!

That's exactly how it would be. I'd be freaking out over the Morgan Cup, and they'd be freaking out over Cornell. If I got both on the same night my life would probably explode. Lol.

Will do and it sounds great. I'm not a very hard worker in school, but I'll definately try harder in college. One last thing if I may, where are you at school?

I was the same way. Didn't do anything in high school, took all AP classes and made like a 4.7 GPA or something stupid without ever studying. Learned real quick in college doesn't matter how smart you think you are, you have to study :D. I'm at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC.

Haha. I am shooting for a smaller, more local school called Montevallo. Beautiful campus, reasonable prices if I don't get the scholarship, and 17-1 student teacher ratio.
That's exactly how it would be. I'd be freaking out over the Morgan Cup, and they'd be freaking out over Cornell. If I got both on the same night my life would probably explode. Lol.

I was the same way. Didn't do anything in high school, took all AP classes and made like a 4.7 GPA or something stupid without ever studying. Learned real quick in college doesn't matter how smart you think you are, you have to study :D. I'm at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC.

Wow... How did I now see that one in your avatar. Dur. Yep. I'm a slacker at school and everything that isn't golf basically. Not good I know, but I can't really help it. My parents and teachers all tell me to try because I'm like 4th in my class and I might be able to be 1st, but we'll never know.

Haha. I am shooting for a smaller, more local school called Montevallo. Beautiful campus, reasonable prices if I don't get the scholarship, and 17-1 student teacher ratio.

I've heard a lot of good about them. I think they may have come to visit my school. My college councellor really loves it down there. I think he used to work near it and is close with one of their admissions guys. Seems like a great school.

That right there is really important JR. I could have gone to UW-Madison with 40,000 other kids. Instead I went to a different school within the Wisconsin system. That had 9,000 kids. Instead of being a number in a lecture hall, I got on a first name basis with a double PhD from Johns Hopkins. I sat on his couch and discussed the failures of the Marxian structure. That wouldn't have happened at Madison.

That right there is really important JR. I could have gone to UW-Madison with 40,000 other kids. Instead I went to a different school within the Wisconsin system. That had 9,000 kids. Instead of being a number in a lecture hall, I got on a first name basis with a double PhD from Johns Hopkins. I sat on his couch and discussed the failures of the Marxian structure. That wouldn't have happened at Madison.

Even better, for me it will be more like 10-1. Honors College has its perks.

That's an incredible number. You could get some amazing opportunities with that! Good luck!

Dr. Ali Abootalabi was one of my professors and my department counselor. He bought me many pitchers of Premium Grainbelt. Just another benefit of smaller colleges.

man i got rid of a ton of leaves and now its like i didnt do crap cuz there are a ton more... and i dont even have trees anymore

Good school, I had many friends that went to Montevallo.

Polls on if you like Tebow or Romo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Polls on if you like Tebow or Romo.

LMAO. I am going to start a poll asking if you are religious. Haha

LMAO. I am going to start a poll asking if you are religious. Haha

I think it's time for a poll about socks!

I think it's time for a poll about socks!

But they already have an entire thread! We need something fresh. Something that will really stir the pot. Obama?

But they already have an entire thread! We need something fresh. Something that will really stir the pot. Obama?

We have a thread about sock (general), similar to the NFL thread. We need to find out of people are fans of specific socks.

Maybe we can have a poll about Tebows socks?

We have a thread about sock (general), similar to the NFL thread. We need to find out of people are fans of specific socks.

Maybe we can have a poll about Tebows socks?

Being a Florida guy - you setup and I will vote. I am not taking the heat for this one.

My rant is that it's 30 degrees warmer in Florida per Tadashi's car than it is in TX. 4 day weekend coming up and while I will still play at least 3 times, it is not as warm as I would like. Craps not supposed to happen in TX.

Being a Florida guy - you setup and I will vote. I am not taking the heat for this one.

My rant is that it's 30 degrees warmer in Florida per Tadashi's car than it is in TX. 4 day weekend coming up and while I will still play at least 3 times, it is not as warm as I would like. Craps not supposed to happen in TX.

What's the temperature like there? Here it's 33* and rainy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back