NC Cold weather golf Saturday

Butters

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 10.0
Anyone up for some NC golf Saturday? Suppose to be a little chilly.

If I wasn't studying for exams this weekend, I'd take you up on that. I like cold weather golf :D

Going down to SC in January for a 3 days golf trip. Anybody know how it is down there during Jan?

All you guys live to far away from me. I'll be golfing this weekend, but in TN.

Going down to SC in January for a 3 days golf trip. Anybody know how it is down there during Jan?

What part of SC?

I'd guess it's gonna be pretty cold. If you're close to the coast it'll probably be that much colder.

All you guys live to far away from me. I'll be golfing this weekend, but in TN.

Only a quick trip over the mountains :D

Mrytle Beach. Friend of mine if planning it. All I said was golf and nudie bars and he was all about it, weather be damned.

Mrytle Beach. Friend of mine if planning it. All I said was golf and nudie bars and he was all about it, weather be damned.

We use to go down there in February. It'll be chilly, and probably windy but it's tolerable. Just dress appropriately.

We use to go down there in February. It'll be chilly, and probably windy but it's tolerable. Just dress appropriately.

It'll definitely be cold, thats for sure. Lots of nice courses down there though, have fun!

I played in SC in February and it was chilly. I would say it was like good November golf in the Northeast, if you dress appropriately it will be a good time.

Weather actually looking better for Saturday in NC. Should be a little chilly (50 or so) but not as cold as they were calling for at the beginning of the week. I'll probably go home and play with my Dad at The Country Club of Johnston County (which I'm sure none of you have ever played at) haha!

Weather actually looking better for Saturday in NC. Should be a little chilly (50 or so) but not as cold as they were calling for at the beginning of the week. I'll probably go home and play with my Dad at The Country Club of Johnston County (which I'm sure none of you have ever played at) haha!

Johnston county has a Country Club? lol

50 is hot...... This is the first time since I have moved down here that I will be able to play in the fall/winter

Johnston county has a Country Club? lol

50 is hot...... This is the first time since I have moved down here that I will be able to play in the fall/winter

Haha yes. 10 years or so ago it actually used to be pretty nice and was thriving. Took a really bad turn for the worse 3-4 years ago, and I believe they filed bankruptcy or were trying to sell it for the bare minimum or something like that. I believe Fred Smith Company almost bought it. They also run Riverwood, Hedingham, and Eagle Ridge. However, I don't think that happened, and it's back in business now. Surprisingly, to have a reduced staff the course is in really great shape. Neal Lancaster (former PGA player) lives out there.

50 degrees isn't chilly at all. Try living where I live and that will be a really nice day for golf

Last call for golf on Saturday.

Butters I would love to but the wife would kill me. Range only for me this weekend. Need to get my Black on!

Butters I would love to but the wife would kill me. Range only for me this weekend. Need to get my Black on!

I am lucky this weekend, my wife is going to her friend's baby shower. I do have to suffer through a UNC game at night though, haha.

I need to come up there and whup TC's arse but will have to wait for warmer weather :D

OG you can't handle the NC crew

DMB and I are playing Saturday morning in the Charlotte area. I don't know if we have a 2 some of a 4 some. The thing about living in GA, SC or NC is that it is very humid all the time and it makes the cold feel colder. I spent new years in colorado a few years back and it didn't feel nearly as bad to me.

Live in PA where the cold makes the cold feel colder, lol. I also lived in Maine for a year. At least they had good Maple Syrup and lobster.

Back