Ha Ha - yeah I had it on in the house - it's white - I looked pretty good but, oh my I don't think it's a proper look on a guy. Yeah in HS you better look good!LOL

haha I wish. Though never under estimate the compression shirt with the ladies :bananadance:

haha I wish. Though never under estimate the compression shirt with the ladies :bananadance:
Right it's like a man girdle
a "mirdle"

Right it's like a man girdle
a "mirdle"

It's like Lululemon's for guys. If you're fit, you look like a stud. If you're not......not so much. haha

UA is too expensive. I'm cheap and will be testing these tomorrow (38°-42°). It's not too cold but probably as cold as I'll be playing in.

11111721037coldcompress.png

11111721351coldcompress.png

That is a great deal curious on your thoughts
Tried the UA Game day mock today - its the compression - cold todayfor here maybe 60-62?? (I know)
Felt great and with the rubber waist band it absolutely locks down - not the warmest thermal but very flexible and a good snug fit

I got the nike thermal yesterday from GG. $39 with a $10 off coupon. I'll give them a shot at the range tomorrow. I have a UA fitted to compare against, so we'll see if there's a noticeable difference between the 2. I only have 2 thermals, so I am far from an expert on them, but I though $29 was a solid deal.

UA is too expensive. I'm cheap and will be testing these tomorrow (38°-42°). It's not too cold but probably as cold as I'll be playing in.

11111721037coldcompress.png

11111721351coldcompress.png

I wore tops and bottoms today (39°-43°)...

I can't compare to anything else as these are the only ones I've ever tried. They kept me warm and I was even sweating a little (I was walking today). However, I absolutely hated my junk being compressed all day. I'd imagine all cold compression gear is the same so it's not a knock on this brand but I wasn't a fan. I'll deal with it to stay warm but not the best feeling. Colder tomorrow so I'll test them again.

I wore tops and bottoms today (39°-43°)...

I can't compare to anything else as these are the only ones I've ever tried. They kept me warm and I was even sweating a little (I was walking today). However, I absolutely hated my junk being compressed all day. I'd imagine all cold compression gear is the same so it's not a knock on this brand but I wasn't a fan. I'll deal with it to stay warm but not the best feeling. Colder tomorrow so I'll test them again.
OK that's kinda funny... I never thought about compression bottoms- I have some UA bottoms and some Hot Chillis I got a few years ago really only wear them when I snowboard they are tight but not "compression" tight!

Wore the Starter tops and bottoms again today (39°-43° again with more overcast and a tad more wind) and they kept me warm. I was extremely comfortable all day. Aside from a little sniffle I couldn't tell it was even cold. I felt much less compressed today than yesterday. I'd recommend giving them a try.

Last edited:
I also like the UA stuff but agree the $100 for a set is a bit steep. I do own UA cold gear shirts but not the pants. For them I use the stuff you can get at JCP or any cheap department store! Here in Philly, my golf days are over though. It was right around freezing today and I think I have played my final round already!

I used the ua coldgear golf 3.0 mock long sleeve the other day, it was 32-34*, and it did great. only other thing i had on was a champion c9 golf shirt and core was plenty warm. They work very well. Mine are the fitted versions.

I usually stick to Nike for thermal gear. I think it's a little more comfortable and a bit less restricting than Under Armour.

Steel Tappin'

So, someone bought me a Patagonia capilene shirt for Christmas. Love to ski so I was excited to try it out. All I can say is..WOW! Amazing stuff. It's easily the most comfortable cold-gear I've worn and it worked so well.

It was about 30 degrees when I went out on the mountain last. I wore my Patagonia shirt and an Under Armour hoodie..no coat. I was never cold. At all.

Highly recommend looking into Patagonia. It's definitely priced fair as well.

Steel Tappin'

I just got an Under Armour shirt for Christmas. It was a Cold Gear one, but it didn't have the turtle neck and wasn't a tight fit. I think they called it "fitted, not tight". It's not uncomfortable, but still very warm. When it's really cold I put a long shirt over that and a polo over that and wear a golf jacket. That's plenty warm.

I use Duo fold poly pro. Price is decent I think I paid $24 bucks for the last top. Dicks carries them and they have different levels for your activity to keep you warm. Comfy to wear I use them @ work when the temps go below 25*.

I use Under Armour gear as well for cold weather it seems to give me the warmth without adding a lot of bulk to hinder my swing.

I use Under Armour gear as well for cold weather it seems to give me the warmth without adding a lot of bulk to hinder my swing.

I agree, UA Cold Gear is the best I've seen. I wear them mostly for running in the cold and its by far the warmest and 'binds' less than the Nike pro gear. No matter which brand you decide, make sure to follow the care instructions, I always hang dry mine on a drying rack.

I really like the UA compression fitted Game Day shirt I got - it is very tight but not restrictive at all - I especially like the waist band - its kinda rubberized so it just locks on and never comes out - I also have a fitted one and it is almost tight bot not really - it just fits real well and is very comfortable - it "mostly" stays tucked

So, someone bought me a Patagonia capilene shirt for Christmas. Love to ski so I was excited to try it out. All I can say is..WOW! Amazing stuff. It's easily the most comfortable cold-gear I've worn and it worked so well.

It was about 30 degrees when I went out on the mountain last. I wore my Patagonia shirt and an Under Armour hoodie..no coat. I was never cold. At all.

Highly recommend looking into Patagonia. It's definitely priced fair as well.

Steel Tappin'

Patagonia thermals are awesome for when it's really cold and I also use my Skins from snowboarding when it's a little bit warmer

I have a tough time finding thermals that match my cargo shorts... just kidding. I really like the Duofold product line. I pick them up at our local Dick's pretty reasonably. If I can keep my legs warm I do good out there while golfing with our Illinois weather.

I agree, UA Cold Gear is the best I've seen. I wear them mostly for running in the cold and its by far the warmest and 'binds' less than the Nike pro gear. No matter which brand you decide, make sure to follow the care instructions, I always hang dry mine on a drying rack.

Dryers ruin the treatment UA use on most of their shirts. This is from experience, don't put UA in the dryer.

Also, some people over wash it. No need to wash this stuff every time. There's a reason why it's antibacterial.

Helly Hanson. I will be wearing mine next week when we are hitting daytime highs in the -20's C.

I got some from Menards on sale for $5. I got 2 pairs. They are warm.

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Hot Chillys work well for me. Not too restrictive at all. I used to wear silk baselayer, but they just don't hold up over time.

Back