Miyazaki C. Kua Iron Shafts

That's good to hear! What did you think of the Kua's vs your PX shafts?

Kua's were a little smoother for me. To be honest though I think I got too soft a flex on the PX. I tend to push the ball a little right with the PX. The Kua's were pretty perfect. Both around the same height which is pretty high. I might drive to TMex land and steal his set

You hit the stiff?

Very nice. Appreciate it!

I had a chance to get an extensive range session in yesterday. During the rain haha. I'll get some video this weekend for my round. It was windy, cold and rainy. The ballflight held true, there were some wind gusts that knocked it around but it did put my off the greens at the range.

I really paid a lot of attention to the balance throughout the swing and that's quickly becoming one of my favorite aspects along with the feel at impact. I feel really comfortable with all my irons, 4i-PW.

After reading and talking to you, I'm sold dude. I just want to try them out for final confirmation!

I think you'll like em Hawk.

I had a chance to get an extensive range session in yesterday. During the rain haha. I'll get some video this weekend for my round. It was windy, cold and rainy. The ballflight held true, there were some wind gusts that knocked it around but it did put my off the greens at the range.

I really paid a lot of attention to the balance throughout the swing and that's quickly becoming one of my favorite aspects along with the feel at impact. I feel really comfortable with all my irons, 4i-PW.

Great job so far Yoccos, these just sound right on so many levels. Balance was my biggest concern, but sounds like these fit in well.

Great job so far Yoccos, these just sound right on so many levels. Balance was my biggest concern, but sounds like these fit in well.

That's the part that has really changed it for me Due. I really liked the shafts in these before but the C. Kua's really feel complete in my hands. I think the clubs are easier to swing and hit because of this.

Yoccos, did you have to order these offline, or were you able to find them in a store? I am searching right now, as I am pondering throwing them on my irons as well, but cant seem to find much online. I am sure I am looking in the wrong places though.

WE,
Try contacting Blind9. They would be able to help you with your search.

Hi Yoccos, great job with the review so far! You have me thinking about these, especially since I've developed some elbow issues since switching to steel KBS shafts with my mizzies. How would you classify your tempo, especially at the top of your swing? I went with the KBS shafts because the only other option at the time were the graphite PX's and I couldn't demo one that kept up with my quicker tempo. I do play the mashies and really like them, so I'm thinking C.-Kua's could be just as strong in my irons.
Thanks.........

Last edited:
Hi Yoccos, great job with the review so far! You have me thinking about these, especially since I've developed some elbow issues since switching to steel KBS shafts with my mizzies. How would you classify your tempo, especially at the top of your swing? I went with the KBS shafts because the only other option at the time were the graphite PX's and I couldn't demo one that kept up with my quicker tempo. I do play the mashies and really like them, so I'm thinking C.-Kua's could be just as strong in my irons.
Thanks.........

Thanks for following along with all of us! I try to be pretty smooth and I'm not really quick anymore with it. My tempo on the Mizuno shaft optimizer was a 3 but my SS is was 87. So judging by the numbers it can be a little on the slower side. At times, I get after the ball and have had no issues. I have the M3 as well and feel that the shafts perform very much like the hybrid shaft and hold up very well.

Yoccos, did you put these shafts in your wedges as well?

Yoccos, did you put these shafts in your wedges as well?

I haven't! I thought about this the other day though when I saw the Cleveland Black wedges. One of the things that the Adams testing is bringing out, is how much of an advantage it is to have a similar feeling club (swing wise) throughout the set.

I know the 588 is being reviewed with the C Kua wedge shaft and it has me all sorts of intrigued. But I do like my wedge shots to come in lower on full swings so I'm not 100%.

I haven't! I thought about this the other day though when I saw the Cleveland Black wedges. One of the things that the Adams testing is bringing out, is how much of an advantage it is to have a similar feeling club (swing wise) throughout the set.

I know the 588 is being reviewed with the C Kua wedge shaft and it has me all sorts of intrigued. But I do like my wedge shots to come in lower on full swings so I'm not 100%.
Thanks. I think I am about to pull the trigger on putting these in my 2.0s, but trying to figure out if I want to put it in the AW I carry or not. I think I will to keep the same club feeling, like you said.

I loved these in the Cleveland Black irons, and really cant wait to see how they work in the 2.0s

Thanks. I think I am about to pull the trigger on putting these in my 2.0s, but trying to figure out if I want to put it in the AW I carry or not. I think I will to keep the same club feeling, like you said.

I loved these in the Cleveland Black irons, and really cant wait to see how they work in the 2.0s

If I had a matching AW for the ZStars WE, they would be in that club in a heartbeat. Only reason I'm debating is I had to go back to my 50* Jaws when I use the ZStars.

If I had a matching AW for the ZStars WE, they would be in that club in a heartbeat. Only reason I'm debating is I had to go back to my 50* Jaws when I use the ZStars.
Exactly what I was wondering, thanks.

I go back and forth with my 50* AW and my 50* VR Pro every couple of weeks, my as well go ahead and match the shaft up on my AW to match the set.

Exactly what I was wondering, thanks.

I go back and forth with my 50* AW and my 50* VR Pro every couple of weeks, my as well go ahead and match the shaft up on my AW to match the set.

That is the route I would go for sure dude. I'm excited man if you pull the trigger! As tight is the dispersion I'm seeing with these, matched with the 2.0 distance... you could have something very lethal.

That is the route I would go for sure dude. I'm excited man if you pull the trigger! As tight is the dispersion I'm seeing with these, matched with the 2.0 distance... you could have something very lethal.
Like I said, I loved these shafts in the Black Irons. I really love my 2.0s, I am hoping that matching the shafts with these irons can get me to what I am looking for. I think it will.

Like I said, I loved these shafts in the Black Irons. I really love my 2.0s, I am hoping that matching the shafts with these irons can get me to what I am looking for. I think it will.

That would be awesome. I think they'd look amazing too haha.

Yocco's, Are the new shafts suppose to reduce the vibration felt from the strike from getting into your hands? I know that Nippon haves that built into the design of there Nippon Super Blue steel shafts.
Also, some grips help reduce vibration as well. And obviously, some forged irons will send less strike vibration into the hands when compared to others.

Just went to PGA SS to hit the CG Black irons because I wanted to hit these shafts.

They only had reg flex but I figured I would try them since it was better than nothing. The R-Flex was definitely stiffer than the graphite I had on my R7s and I loved the weight of them. I know a lot of the distance I was seeing was from the different club head but I was hitting the 6 irons 180-190 yards and very accurate. Hopefully I can get out with Yoccos soon but I am now looking at putting these shafts in my irons if I can find out where to buy some. My wrist was in a lot of pain when I went in and I have my brace on but I didnt even notice anything that hurt while I was hitting the ball. I had one thin shot, one fat shot, and one shot that was closer to the heel than normal and I knew on each of those shots exactly what happened. I was seeing pretty much dead center impact on the tape on all but those 3 shots.

When I was being fitted for my irons I thought about going with the Aldila NV-85s but didnt really like the feel of them and figured at that point the weight wasnt going to make that much of a difference. These shafts are much better than any other graphite shaft I have used and I think they might surprise a lot of people that thing graphite cant compare to steel. I saw very tight dispersion that was actually better than normal for me and much more distance.

Concept, shoot an email over to Blind9, I am working with them right now to get these for my 2.0s and they have been very helpful to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back