Callaway RAZR XF Irons & Hybrids

Pretty, but waaaaaaayyyyyy too much offset in these irons. And way to pricey for a set of GI irons no? The soles look to thick and it doesnt look like you can work these sticks too much. I cant hate, my first set of sticks were the x-22's. IMHO there are better sets of 500 bux less ready to be had out there.

That is the beauty of this game. What doesn't work for one can work for another. These clubs won't be for everyone but those that have hit hem can attest to their effectiveness.

Pretty, but waaaaaaayyyyyy too much offset in these irons. And way to pricey for a set of GI irons no? The soles look to thick and it doesnt look like you can work these sticks too much. I cant hate, my first set of sticks were the x-22's. IMHO there are better sets of 500 bux less ready to be had out there.

To each their own, but I will take long forgiving irons any day of the week, and I don't think the offset is too much at all and while I agree they are pricey, why should a GI set of irons be any less than say a GE iron like your MC's? There is a ton of tech packed into all these irons, and they are buttery soft forged just like your MC's. I think too many golfers are told that offset is a bad thing.

Have you hit these yet? I went into the Adams a12OS with similar thoughts and boy was I just wrong.

Comes with the hybrids in the set though which is one of the reasons for the higher price. I am playing the Nike Pro Combos and had zero issues hitting these clubs with regards to offset and large sole. These clubs can also be worked pretty easily.

To each their own, but I will take long forgiving irons any day of the week, and I don't think the offset is too much at all and while I agree they are pricey, why should a GI set of irons be any less than say a GE iron like your MC's? There is a ton of tech packed into all these irons, and they are buttery soft forged just like your MC's. I think too many golfers are told that offset is a bad thing.

Is the face forged, or is it carpenter steel like the Diable forged are? I ask because although the Diablo's have a forged frame the face isn't as soft as you normally get with a forging. Myself, I loved the sound and the crisp feel, but for someone used to a full forging they would be quite different.

Congrats and good luck in the Morgan Cup. Do Canada proud!

Is the face forged, or is it carpenter steel like the Diable forged are? I ask because although the Diablo's have a forged frame the face isn't as soft as you normally get with a forging. Myself, I loved the sound and the crisp feel, but for someone used to a full forging they would be quite different.

Congrats and good luck in the Morgan Cup. Do Canada proud!
How a club "feels" has more to do with the metal that is used to make the wedge, and less to do with whether it is forged or not. My "buttery soft" comment was really more sarcastic as I could really care less if my clubs are forged or not.

Thank you for the kind words, I will be bringing home the Morgan Cup for all of Canada.

I can't say enough how good looking I think these irons are.

How a club "feels" has more to do with the metal that is used to make the wedge, and less to do with whether it is forged or not. My "buttery soft" comment was really more sarcastic as I could really care less if my clubs are forged or not.

Oh, I couldn't agree more with you, the way a club is molded is completely irrelevant to the feel. I was just saying that the carpenter steel face with 1025 steel surrounding it will feel firmer to someone who is used to or wants the feel of a 1020 or 1025 carbon steel face (I checked the website and the XF are indeed carpenter steel).

I also love the look. Sexy but not too 'blingy'.

PR

Oh, I couldn't agree more with you, the way a club is molded is completely irrelevant to the feel. I was just saying that the carpenter steel face with 1025 steel surrounding it will feel firmer to someone who is used to or wants the feel of a 1020 or 1025 carbon steel face (I checked the website and the XF are indeed carpenter steel).

I also love the look. Sexy but not too 'blingy'.

PR

Yeah I checked and it's carpenter steel. I actually really like the feel of these and the DF's. It feels a bit more clicky

Yeah I checked and it's carpenter steel. I actually really like the feel of these and the DF's. It feels a bit more clicky

We both loved these clubs. Full forged, half forged, full cast...who cares. They felt great and performed wonderfully.

Man my head is spinning form all the club pondering I am doing right now! I need to quit looking till I find out who I'll be sponsored by...but I just can't!

Alice Cooper knocked a hole in one with these if I read correctly on the Callaway facebook page.

These are just awesome feeling and very forgiving. Perfect combo in my book. I wonder if some other people have had a chance to hit these yet?

Alice Cooper knocked a hole in one with these if I read correctly on the Callaway facebook page.

These are just awesome feeling and very forgiving. Perfect combo in my book. I wonder if some other people have had a chance to hit these yet?
I'm going to try and hit these today. They are still my leader for my Morgan Cup irons.

I'm going to try and hit these today. They are still my leader for my Morgan Cup irons.

I could really see you shooting some really low scores with these. Just based on my time with them, they were very forgiving and just felt great. Just had that Razr sound/feel to me. Can't wait to hear what you think when you're able to get your hands on some.

looking forward to your thoughts if you get the chance. Chunky and I loved these down in FL.

CB these irons are so good you might even shoot in the 80's!!

HAHA. Chunky with the subtle jab. But these are very good irons. Hit them again at GG over the weekend. Easy smooth swingers.

looking forward to your thoughts if you get the chance. Chunky and I loved these down in FL.

I'm looking forward to it too, but there is really no chance I shoot in the 80's CL. I'm just hoping I can shoot in the low 100's.

I'm looking forward to it too, but there is really no chance I shoot in the 80's CL. I'm just hoping I can shoot in the low 100's.

Me too dude. I've lost it

I am pretty sure these will be my choice for the Morgan Cup!

I am pretty sure these will be my choice for the Morgan Cup!

It will be between these and the Razr Blacks for me. We have to remember that these might not be offered. We just have to wait and see. These would be a great choice though

It will be between these and the Razr Blacks for me. We have to remember that these might not be offered. We just have to wait and see. These would be a great choice though

Yeah, I was thinking that too.....all this pondering is making me dizzy!!

The joys of being down because of an injury................. pondering.

With the price of these being 1/4 of what they were when they were released, I'm pondering getting a set because I need all the help I can get lately. $329 for these just seems like an outstanding deal.

Do these compare with today's SGI irons still?

Back