Simulator Golf...

I find the ones I play at the yardages are severely off. It can be accurate one time then so off another. I've had 210 yard 7 irons on the sim before.

Maybe "boost" was turned on? A friend of mine didn't realize he had boost on but figured it out when he hit a 220 yard 6i from the rough.

Maybe "boost" was turned on? A friend of mine didn't realize he had boost on but figured it out when he hit a 220 yard 6i from the rough.

I'm pretty sure boost was at 0% (if I was looking at the right setting) but maybe it was just a fluke thing but who knows.

Speaking of the boost, I remember I was at Golf Galaxy when I was 15 and hit a MacGregor NVG driver supposedly with a ball speed of 205. Granted I was in Minneapolis for the REMAX Junior Worlds.. but still. Best simulator I've ever used was aboutGolf. Their HQ was 10 minutes from my apartment, and it was awesome.. Great graphics and really accurate. If it wasn't $60000 I would have one. :dont-know:

Spent two hours playing the Old Course with AG this morning on a simulator. We only got 10 holes in before our time ran out. I started off pretty slow, but things really picked up as we went along. Actually managed to par holes 7-9. Made a 36' putt for par on number 8. My irons were working pretty well. Felt really nice. Driver really came around as the holes progressed too. Cost $80 to play those two hours, so we won't be doing it too often. Still was fun though.

Spent two hours playing the Old Course with AG this morning on a simulator. We only got 10 holes in before our time ran out. I started off pretty slow, but things really picked up as we went along. Actually managed to par holes 7-9. Made a 36' putt for par on number 8. My irons were working pretty well. Felt really nice. Driver really came around as the holes progressed too. Cost $80 to play those two hours, so we won't be doing it too often. Still was fun though.

Whaaat? Wow that's outrageous!! That is wayy too much for a simulator if I say so myself. Good to see you had fun though. The best part of those things is just to actually feel like your playing the real course.

Whaaat? Wow that's outrageous!! That is wayy too much for a simulator if I say so myself. Good to see you had fun though. The best part of those things is just to actually feel like your playing the real course.

Price was really steep. Seems to be he average price here. $40 per hour. Crazy I know. Was fun to play the Old Course though!

Price was really steep. Seems to be he average price here. $40 per hour. Crazy I know. Was fun to play the Old Course though!
Expensive perhaps but it was great swinging the golf clubs again I'll bet and worth every penny!

Expensive perhaps but it was great swinging the golf clubs again I'll bet and worth every penny!

I can't argue with that! I was really nice, especially when I started to get into the groove again. I'll definitely take 3 pars on the Old Course!

I pay 35 an hour..but in nj there is no choice right now. Ground still snow covered.

Indoor Golf / Golf Simulator

Indoor Golf / Golf Simulator

Anyone have an indoor golf facility in their area or play on a golf simulator? What did you think?

Merged with a similar thread.

Indoor Golf?

Indoor Golf?

Do any of you find indoor golf to be worth it? Here, in Omaha, opportunities to golf in the winter are far and few, but we have "Beyond Golf."

http://www.beyondgolfomaha.com/hdgolf.php

It looks like it could be fun, especially with the courses available, but is it accurate enough and something that could actually help your game, and not just a video game?

What are your opinions? Thanks!

There's one of those near where I'm going to be over the Christmas break. I'm hoping to give it a shot. I imagine it won't be the same as an actual course but it's probably better than nothing. At least you'd be able to swing the club and get a bit of feedback on your shot

There's a place like that here I plan to play a couple times over the winter. Definitely not the same but at least gives a chance to swing the clubs.

Never tried one of these but it looks like alot of fun.

I have done something similar to this a while back when i was up the country. its great if your just looking to keep swinging throughout the winter but i wouldn't be trying to dial in clubs or anything with it. The one i used would also stop working every now and then and you would have to start a round again kind of frustrating in saying that it was 2 years ago and i'm guessing the tec has gotten a lot better by now. It is great fun to do with a few friends

Played on one last winter in Hoboken, NJ and I gotta say it was pretty realistic. Was pricey at $35 bucks but distances were pretty much spot on and so was movement of the ball. Purposely tried to hook the ball on the first hole to see if it would pick it up and sure enough I was a good 30 yards left. Started to get boring towards the end but would do it again when we have a foot of snow on the ground.

There is one near me that I go to once in a while over the off season. Very nice place but a bit pricey. One here is 40/hour which is pretty steep for me. I do enjoy it though and is the only option during the winter months up here. One by me is pretty realistic, but find it hard when it comes to chipping and putting to judge the distance.

It's a good way to hit balls and can be useful in looking at ball flight depending on the sim. For example, some of them just look at club path and swing speed and don't measure ball speed, spin, launch, etc. Others are as high tech as a launch monitor and can give you some pretty good feedback on your swing.

In the end, it's not golf and your scores have no true relation to scores on a real course. There isn't rough, sand, etc. However, it's pretty fun and beats sitting at home wishing you were golfing.

Do any of you find indoor golf to be worth it? Here, in Omaha, opportunities to golf in the winter are far and few, but we have "Beyond Golf."

http://www.beyondgolfomaha.com/hdgolf.php

It looks like it could be fun, especially with the courses available, but is it accurate enough and something that could actually help your game, and not just a video game?

What are your opinions? Thanks!
I've played at Beyond Golf before, it is really fun and while it's probably not like dead accurate like you'd find on the course it was pretty cool. If I lived there I would go from time to time in the winter. Oh and the Buffalo Chicken pizza is outstanding!

I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive. I'm paying $30/hour.

I've never played an actual round of 'virtual golf' on a simulator, but I do believe that indoor simulators are accurate enough to keep your skills in shape through the winter.

Biggest problem for me with it? I live about 90 minutes away from the closest indoor golf facility.

Suckaroo!

~Rock

Man what I would do for one of those around here. I love the fact that they have three setup there and then it's even a bar. I'm sure it gets great business?

I wish we had something like this close to home. May not be real, but better than nothing when the snow is piled up.

I wish we had something like this close to home. May not be real, but better than nothing when the snow is piled up.

amen to that!

Back