Srixon Z-Star Irons

I know that PGA Superstore put these on final clearance and I was able to pick up the set for $399 plus tax. That coupled with they were kinda hard to find to begin with, might make it a tough task to find it other than ebay.

That seems like a fantastic deal. Just have to keep my eye out on eBay, may even have to pick up a used set, which isn't really my preference. Still got a few months before I make a decision anyways.

So many options, ahh! I really like the look of these, as well as the Bridgestone J40 DPC's. Seems like these are a little harder to find at major retailers though. Even an eBay search returns only a few results.

From what I have been told, Srixon is discontinuing selling their line in the US so you will have an even harder time finding them going forward. SRI will be represented domestically with the Cleveland line.

Tappin' from my iPad!

From what I have been told, Srixon is discontinuing selling their line in the US so you will have an even harder time finding them going forward. SRI will be represented domestically with the Cleveland line.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Guess that narrows it down then, heh.

3balls is a legit site.

3balls is a legit site.

I just found the Google reviews for them and the reviews are all good. So they do look to be legit.

There's not very many on eBay either. I looked. Again.

Ugh, I think you'd go HAM with these irons dude.

That seems like a fantastic deal. Just have to keep my eye out on eBay, may even have to pick up a used set, which isn't really my preference. Still got a few months before I make a decision anyways.

I dont think you could go wrong. These can be adjusted as well if you need them to be.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks Cookie! It makes sense to me. Just wish these irons would've got into more peoples hands.

Yeah, I saw that too. Almost 800$ for the new set seems to be the going price.

I was looking at the "like new" set for $481. They define "like new" as "Shows virtually no traces of wear and is nearly impossible to distinguish from new. May show signs of very minor "shop wear", but in most cases, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference from new…we just have the luxury of a super-duper magnifying glass!"

I was looking at the "like new" set for $481. They define "like new" as "Shows virtually no traces of wear and is nearly impossible to distinguish from new. May show signs of very minor "shop wear", but in most cases, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference from new…we just have the luxury of a super-duper magnifying glass!"

I just saw that too! Are you inside my brain? Stop that! Heh, I'd be interested in that price. Not a bad deal at all, but I've found some really good prices on the J40 DPC's as well, so it'll be a tough choice.

I just saw that too! Are you inside my brain? Stop that! Heh, I'd be interested in that price. Not a bad deal at all, but I've found some really good prices on the J40 DPC's as well, so it'll be a tough choice.

Best price Ive seen for anything close to new. For some reason I cant seem to go for the "used" ones on eBay, its just against my rules of OEM'ing unless its the last possible option.

Best price Ive seen for anything close to new. For some reason I cant seem to go for the "used" ones on eBay, its just against my rules of OEM'ing unless its the last possible option.

Yeah, it's just a pet peeve of mine to buy used when it comes to clubs. I buy most of my clubs off Ebay and have had a lot of success, but they are all new clubs.

I just found the Google reviews for them and the reviews are all good. So they do look to be legit.

Yeah, I've ordered from there before and it was great. Everything was as described, packed neatly, and shipped quick.

Steel Tappin'

JB;1048750[U said:
]I have been playing these irons for about 18 months now [/U]and to this day, they are still the best irons I have ever played for my game. However with the 2012 Morgan Cup looming in July, a change will have to be made and I am going to miss these guys. There is not a shot that cannot be hit with these and they still offer so much forgiveness. Couple that with lofts that I like on my irons and good looks and I found a set that works perfectly for me. Its been a good ride Z-Stars, you will be put on a shelf with my other past gamers.

18 months or 8 months?

JB how would you rank these all time for all the irons you've played? They sure got a lot of bag time so Id assume very high.

JB how would you rank these all time for all the irons you've played? They sure got a lot of bag time so Id assume very high.

They would be high on my list.

Funny story. I was in the PGA Superstore right before Xmas and was hitting several clubs on the monitor. Messed around with some drivers, woods and irons. I saw the Srixon Z Star 7-iron demo and picked it up and hit it. It felt fantastic. Felt softer than my Burner 2.0's with similar distance and forgiveness. I had never previously hit this iron and always admired them when I saw them on the rack and from everything I have heard on THP. What I did not know at the time was that these irons were $399 at the PGA Superstore as I did not see them on the rack anymore. I believe it was Yoccos that said he picked them up for $399 when I was getting caught up on this thread while we were out of town for the holiday. So today I went to the PGA Superstore to see if I could find the iron and if they were indeed $399. So none of the local stores in Atlanta had the iron in stock but a Florida store had 4 in stock so I am having a set shipped to an Atlanta location and should be picking them up in the next week or so. I am exciting to be gaming these irons.

I narrowed down my last iron purchase to the Z Stars or the Diablo Forged. I ended up getting the Diablo's (unbelievable deal) but since then I've been on the hunt for Z Stars (figuring I could catch a deal down the road).

They're almost impossible to find now as mentioned earlier in the thread, since Srixon has stopped selling these in the States (two golf shops told me that).

Epic backfire on my part.

Yeah. I loved my Z-Stars...somebody else did too.

My insurance company got me new ones though.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Yeah. I loved my Z-Stars...somebody else did too.

My insurance company got me new ones though.

Where were your clubs at when they got stole? Hope no one hooks my Z-Stars.

I narrowed down my last iron purchase to the Z Stars or the Diablo Forged. I ended up getting the Diablo's (unbelievable deal) but since then I've been on the hunt for Z Stars (figuring I could catch a deal down the road).

They're almost impossible to find now as mentioned earlier in the thread, since Srixon has stopped selling these in the States (two golf shops told me that).

Epic backfire on my part.

Man.... This is tough to hear. I still love mine but the J40's are coming. Otherwise the only iron I've hit that has come close to a spot next to the ZStars is the i20's. Two completely different irons though.

They just have such a hot face.

In some ways Sweden is really behind.. I actually saw the Z-stars in my local golf shop for the first time a week ago. So here they are new but in the US they have stopped selling them.

In some ways Sweden is really behind.. I actually saw the Z-stars in my local golf shop for the first time a week ago. So here they are new but in the US they have stopped selling them.

But I think in some ways Sweden is much smarter! I understand why more didn't hit these and what not but I could easily see so many switching if they had a chance to hit them.

sounds like you could have an iron shoot out on your hands after the MC 2.0 man....

Man.... This is tough to hear. I still love mine but the J40's are coming. Otherwise the only iron I've hit that has come close to a spot next to the ZStars is the i20's. Two completely different irons though.

They just have such a hot face.

Back