Does your putter match your stroke?

For myself, it's a learned natural stroke. For many years I tried to force a sbst stroke, but my natural stroke has a slight arc,

This. Times 1,000,000 for me.

It's like my golf swing, I stopped trying to force things and play my swing just like I do my putting stroke. I truly believe it's why I'm pretty good on the greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did have the right putter for a bit, with the Ping Karsten Answer 2, I know because the iPing feedback was telling me I had a slight arc stroke, putted ok but not brilliant with it, I just couldn't help falling back for my 003, there is nothing else that compares. For me at least.

So what are you seeing different in this anser that makes it better for your stroke? Is it the toe hang, weighting, or something else?

They say that each of the 7 Anser putters is fitted for a different stroke. I took the first one which is built for SBST and hit it that way. Felt pretty good and worked out good too. Then I hit it with a big arc. Horrible. I then hit all the rest and the 7th one works best for a strong arc, each new putter getting more arcy in incrementy. It is probably toe weighting and stuff like that, I don't know exactly how it works.

i think mine is, I have a straight back with a release. My stroke looks like Tiger woods

After making a swith to a belly putter and working with a more traditional belly stroke, shoulder rock and a moderate arc with a release, I think I have finally found a putter that feels natural it's fantastic. I just can't wait to get out to a real golf course.

i think mine is, I have a straight back with a release. My stroke looks like Tiger woods

I bet you hit your 6i 200 yards too. :)

Tap,Tap,Tap

I've been trying to ask myself this question a lot lately, I'm thinking a fitting is in my future, when I felt most comfortable it was a few years ago when I was using a belly putter, but I just couldn't get comfortable with speed. I'm now using a CS mallet, but don't feel super confident with it. I know I have a slight arc with my stroke, I was messing around with a seemore the other day and I think my backstroke and address is good, but my after strike and follow through is off. I'm trying to figure out what type of putter fits me best.

Great question Freddie.

I'm aware that my putter really shouldn't fit my stroke. I have a slight arc and I'm currently playing a mallet style putter. I'm really considering adding a little weight to an Anser I have and messing around with it during the winter.

I've been doing a ton of putting in my office lately and my natural stroke appears to be a slight arc, and my putting averages are best with a mid mallet with full toe hang, followed by anser style putters, and face balanced mallets were the worst for me. I feel like I have force myself to go straight back and straight through, so I'm going to stick to a mid mallet or anser style putter for the time being.

I've been doing a ton of putting in my office lately and my natural stroke appears to be a slight arc, and my putting averages are best with a mid mallet with full toe hang, followed by anser style putters, and face balanced mallets were the worst for me. I feel like I have force myself to go straight back and straight through, so I'm going to stick to a mid mallet or anser style putter for the time being.

CB, do you have a more upright stance by chance? I would think it very hard for someone with an upright stance to make a sbst stroke.

I thought I was a SBST putter but after using my bro-in laws Iping putter app I saw I had a 11* arc swing. I am using a TM Ghost tour-770 which is a mallet head and according to the iping app that is the wrong putter for me. He had a Seemore FJP? that I rolled a few with and it was very nice but super light. I am going to try and adjust the weights in my TM to see if it feels any better but I really am comfortable and feel confident when rolling with this putter the way it is now.

CB, do you have a more upright stance by chance? I would think it very hard for someone with an upright stance to make a sbst stroke.
I don't quite know to be honest, I just set up to the ball with what feels comfortable. I would guess it might be a little upright.

Yes my putter absolutely matches my stroke! Ping anser2 with a 4* arc. Woo. 1.5/1 tempo and .06 avg open. With a PHcp of 2.2.

Apparently I just don't know how to read greens.

Yes my putter absolutely matches my stroke! Ping anser2 with a 4* arc. Woo. 1.5/1 tempo and .06 avg open. With a PHcp of 2.2.

Apparently I just don't know how to read greens.

I need that iPing app to get fancy numbers like that for myself...

In my mind any putter can work for anyone if they can properly read the green. A belly putter is useless if you cannot read the green. Nor is that huge mallet that someone thinks will make them putt good. It's all in the read.

my putter sure did not match my stroke yesterday... grrrr

I am curious about this. I have always had a slight arc to my stroke, but about a year ago I was really struggling with the putter, and ultimately bought a TM Corza Ghost mallet. It is a face balanced putter that I always just assumed was a straight putter. I putted great with it at first, but lately I have been pulling and pushing with it. I intentionally started putting it with my natural arc, and suddenly I was sinking everything. I even had a little contest with some of my old putters and the Ghost won. Today I had a contest at PGA SS against some Ping slight arc putters, and the Ghost won again.

So, is the Ghost a slight arc putter, or is my allegedly slight arc swing more like a straight swing?

I am thinking the new Ping Scottsdale ZB will match my stroke perfectly, I did the online static fitting and it should be perfect for me. I am so looking forward to getting it.

My TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter is absolutely perfect my putting stroke! I love this putter with all my :love:

I "think" my putter matches my stroke, but have no idea to be honest. This past year I had a couple different putters that were knockoffs and never putted very well at all. I received the Nike Method 001 for Christmas which is for an arc stroke, so i'm hoping that I was right!

I think I have an arc to my stroke, but won't know for sure until February (when my company is switching to iphones) and I get a iping cradle. I

I think I have an arc to my stroke, but won't know for sure until February (when my company is switching to iphones) and I get a iping cradle. I

Just to let you know, the iPing app does not measure path, it measures rotation. If the iPing app reports that you have a strong arc, it means the putter rotates open to closed a lot.

I now know 100% that my putter matches my stroke.

Mine definitely does but only after an 1.5 hour session with my teacher trying out various putters.

Sent from my DROIDX

Just to let you know, the iPing app does not measure path, it measures rotation. If the iPing app reports that you have a strong arc, it means the putter rotates open to closed a lot.

OK, thanks! that's interesting. Will I still be able to find out if my putter works for me or if something will be better?

OK, thanks! that's interesting. Will I still be able to find out if my putter works for me or if something will be better?

If you use the ping app and are making the putts, try to work on making the results consistent (rotation, tempo, and face position).

Pretty sure my putter now fits my swing. Did the iPing app at a store and was told that I have a strong arc. I have always liked blade putters better, which seems to match up with a strong arc. After a few hours in a store trying almost every putter, narrowed it down to a few. Gave that list to my dad and he got me te Scotty California Monterey 1.5 for Christmas. Really like the weight, look, and feel of that putter. The half offset looks good to me looking down at the ball and I also like the look of the heel shafted putter. Have been hitting the ball on the intended path almost every time, now just otta figure out how to read greens.

Back