Adams Speedline Fast 12 Driver & Fairway Wood

Spent some time with this one yesterday before the round and came away pretty impressed. I thought the club itself sets up nicely and I know that some wondered if the slot would cause issues for the eyes and I can say that it did not bother me at all. However I could see how it might for others. The ball gets up and stays up and the distance was quite good.

All of these new drivers coming out are making me wish the 2012 Outing would hurry up and get here, I am wanting a new driver and can easily think of several new drivers already that I wish to demo. This one sounds like it needs to be on the short list.

Last edited:
I like how Adams just pumps the clubs out does their thing without any care for people b*itching about too much too soon. I like the two tone look and I like the whole velocity slot thing they have going. Look forward to hitting these. They seem to set up nicely too from the pictures.

Their new hybrids look pretty sweet too. This is going to be a great new lineup from Adams

Looks like these 'slots, channels', etc are going to become more common if the distance claims are true. I think people will get over the look quickly if they get extra yards.

I'm curious though how they are getting more distance now since OEM's were able to get .83 COR BEFORE the slots, channels, etc.

I have the same question. The Adams write up says the second generation VST allows the clubface to compress more. This suggest an increase in trampoline effect, but they cannot go above the max COR that everyone else has. If the clubface compresses and then STAYS compressed while hitting the ball, then I don't understand how that would increase distance.

I must be missing something.

Spent some time with this one yesterday before the round and came away pretty impressed. I thought the club itself sets up nicely and I know that some wondered if the slot would cause issues for the eyes and I can say that it did not bother me at all. However I could see how it might for others. The ball gets up and stays up and the distance was quite good.

Was it the 3W you were hitting? If so how did it compare to the RBZ?

Rusty -

I think what you're missing is that they are really referring to the fairway woods, which typically haven't been maxed out when it comes to COR.

If they slotted the driver then it would be illegal, correct?

Rusty -

I think what you're missing is that they are really referring to the fairway woods, which typically haven't been maxed out when it comes to COR.

Was it the 3W you were hitting? If so how did it compare to the RBZ?

I found it similar really. In fact I was hitting them back to back and alternating with every shot. Both off the tee and off the deck.

I found it similar really. In fact I was hitting them back to back and alternating with every shot. Both off the tee and off the deck.

Similar in a good way?

That would be for each person trying it to consider in my opinion.

I guess I was asking if the results were similar, for you. I know that you're not everybody. I really like the F11, if the F12 is anything similar I think that it would fit a lot of golfers.

If they slotted the driver then it would be illegal, correct?
I think it would be illegal only if it pushed the COR over .83.Does anyone know if COR's are published anywhere? I'd be curious to see how the COR on this and the RBZ compares to 'non-slot' clubs.

I saw more pictures of the driver in GD. I really like the simple color scheme. I am axiously waiting for these guys to be released.

It does look good in this video.

I saw more pictures of the driver in GD. I really like the simple color scheme. I am axiously waiting for these guys to be released.

1/26/12 .

Date is marked.

I laugh at myself because I think that I am one of the few who is actually excited about this release.

Their new Super Hybrid looks sweet too. I think it matches the new color scheme. Too bad they don't have the marketing power of TM.

The more I have hit the Fast 11, the more I have liked it. I am very intrigued by this driver. Hopefully we get some good information regarding results on these. Either from the Demo day or member experience.

Rusty -

Okay, that makes more sense. (I had forgotten about this thread till now). There are some fairway woods out there that reach max COR (Tom Wishon woods come to mind), but guess the bigger companies are not reaching those numbers with their designs.

Kenny Perry has me thinking about these fairway woods.

I have no doubt it's solid. I love the Adams gear.

I mean the range testing footage in the commercial is the thing this season. Getting that raw reaction. KP's just a little less dynamic than others. The chuckle at the end is kind of funny and cool at the same time.

1/26/12 .

Date is marked.

I laugh at myself because I think that I am one of the few who is actually excited about this release.

I'm excited as well! This is in my top 3 of potential driver replacements this year.

Tap before talk.

I don't know if I could get over the looks of these. That said, if I saw the increases that KP I could get over it I think. I mean with the W/S line and WTT.. where people couldn't stand the looks of the "Fat Shaft".. I didn't notice it. Same thing with the Nicklaus Polarity hybrids. There was a "nub" on the reverse side that bothered people.. I had no issue with it.

Alex

Back