Callaway/Odyssey Prototype 2-Ball Putter

Oregon Golfer

#XBomb
Reaction score
Handicap
Sam Saunders posted a pic on twitter of a new Proto 2-ball putter that he and G-pa Arnold Palmer have been gaming. It's only a sole pic but it looks cool. The face looks all milled, (non-insert). I'm intrigued!

Proto2ball.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/samsaunders87/status/150220201798025216/photo/1

That's a fantastic looking putter. I can't wait to see what else Odyssey has coming in the future!

I want one. Just like that one. I love the garage look it has at this point in it's development.

Would love to see it at address

It lookd like a sole plate..hehe...I'd like to see if they improved on the putter, it never worked for me from a visual stand point but look what I am rolling now...How about those Newly Minted Forged Irons in the ole bag..MC Callaway staffers whould be taking notice.

It is certainly interesting looking. I like what I see, but have never rolled the 2 ball putters very well, just isn't pleasing to the eye and I prefer more traditional alignment.

Does it look to anyone else like it could be embracing some of the interchangable faces like we see in TRX putters.

Neat putter but the two-ball has never been my favorite. They have a new line of milled putters coming out this year I believe so I bet that is part of the new line, I can't wait to see the rest!

done and done

It lookd like a sole plate..hehe...I'd like to see if they improved on the putter, it never worked for me from a visual stand point but look what I am rolling now...How about those Newly Minted Forged Irons in the ole bag..MC Callaway staffers whould be taking notice.

By the way it's all screwed together right now it looks like a 2 Ball mallet version of the Scotty Detour.

Id love to see more milled face offerings from Odyssey this year. I find their inserst can be a little too soft at times.

Id love to see more milled face offerings from Odyssey this year. I find their inserst can be a little too soft at times.

They have an all new line of milled putters coming out. They look sweet with a nice head cover

Milled putters are overrated. Just this man's opinion. But I am standing by it.

Aaron Rodgers is overrated. Just this man's opinion. But I am standing by it.

wtf dude are you sick? And this is the wrong thread for that too. Silly Packer. lol :alien:

wtf dude are you sick? And this is the wrong thread for that too. Silly Packer. lol :alien:

Not as sick as your going to be on Monday after Romo goes all Romo and chokes the game away!

I am sure that this putter will feel amazing, but I don't believe that just because a putter is milled that it is inherently better.

Not as sick as your going to be on Monday after Romo goes all Romo and chokes the game away!

I am sure that this putter will feel amazing, but I don't believe that just because a putter is milled that it is inherently better.

I dont think that either. Ive had enough of the Odyssey inserts to know how I feel about them versus a milled face and I would like to them come out with more.

I dont think that either. Ive had enough of the Odyssey inserts to know how I feel about them versus a milled face and I would like to them come out with more.

I to would like to see Odyssey come out with some firmer faced putters. The White Ice was nice, but still a little soft for my tastes.

I to would like to see Odyssey come out with some firmer faced putters. The White Ice was nice, but still a little soft for my tastes.

And according to Odyssey the white ice is the firmest insert yet but I still think its a bit soft and can be inconsistent across the face too.

Very good looking putter - now I'm hoping they come out with that in the backstryke style.

They have an all new line of milled putters coming out. They look sweet with a nice head cover

As Chunky said, there is a new line with milled faces coming out, 6 different models.

Very good looking putter - now I'm hoping they come out with that in the backstryke style.

I don't think the milled line is going to have a Backstryke style in it. The Backstryke putters that were out this year will continue into next year.

As Chunky said, there is a new line with milled faces coming out, 6 different models.

I don't think the milled line is going to have a Backstryke style in it. The Backstryke putters that were out this year will continue into next year.

Of course you are right dude, I was just dreaming is all hahhaha.

Id love to see a milled face Backstryke too.

I just wonder what is "prototype" about it. Prototype seems like another watered down thing in the world of golf clubs. The 2 ball never did anything for me. Just way too much to look at.

I agree with you dude. Depending on the firmness of the insert, I've tended to like the feel of an insert over a non insert putter. But deep milled is another story. I love the softness that deep milled gives.

Back