Some input most appreciated

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals. My cart(staff) bag has now come to the end of its life as the zips are all busted so leaks like a sieve. This bag is like an old pair of shoes that I just wish I didn't have to part with.

Well I am the big 50 in just over a week and my wife has suggested getting one as a big present to remember that monsterous number by. I posted on THP some time ago that I had been looking at the Nike Golf Victory Red Staff 10" Tour Bag, but recently have been looking at the Cleveland Staff 10" bag(blue & white) and the Titleist Staff 10.5" S82 bag. None of them is good for everything though so whichever one I choose it will be a compromise somewhere.

I have searched on here and there is a thread about staff bags but what I would like is a little feedback from actual users of each type if poss.

The bag will be used on a Hill Billy electric trolley as the current bag is.

The things that I can highlight about each are these from what I can glean from the internet are :

Nike - Not as bulky as the other two and being black will not show the dirt so much as Cleveland. Not easy to access large pocket when on trolley.
Titleist - On the bulky side and the rainhood and couple of the pockets are not all, that waterproof. Black though so will not show the dirt. Easy large pocket access when on trolley.
Cleveland - Beter pocket waterproofing than Titleist but bulkier than Nike. Will show dirt more as is white. Easy large pocket access when on trolley.

Thanks in anticipation.

I will not say at the moment which one heads the list so if any users could spare a minute to give some honest RW feedback about these I would be grateful so that I don't go wasting money on the wrong one.

Man, my first and only Staff Bag was the Callaway Razr Staff bag that I received for the Morgan Cup. I know it's not on your list but it is stunning. It blends a lovely mix of practicality with coolness.

I wish I could help you man. I don't have any of those bags

I have a few staff bags and I can tell you two things. They will show dirt, but are easy to clean up and care for. Much easier than the cloth that are on many cart bags.

The way to pick the one for you is accessibility to pockets. While the mass storage on a staff bag is incredible, if you cannot get to the pockets, it does not help much. Go with the one that gives you the best access to the areas you want on your bag.

Lastly, if dirt and bulk is a concern with the Cleveland bag, check out the new Cleveland Black staff bag as it is slightly smaller and all black.

That was quick lads. Thanks for the input. TC I will take look at the Razor one.

Saw your bag room pic JB when searching so the fact that you feel they are, or should be, wipe clean helps a lot.

You're welcome man. So many great options out there in the form of staff bags. I think it's great that you're treating yourself to something like this for the big 5-0.

Yeh, the wife n kids are treating me. Have about £170 burning a hole in my pocket at the moment.

I have the VR bag, I don't have one complaint at all, and I grabbed a bargain at £90 about a year ago. Looks great, it is very water proof, personally I wouldn't consider anything else.

I have a few staff bags and I can tell you two things. They will show dirt, but are easy to clean up and care for. Much easier than the cloth that are on many cart bags.

The way to pick the one for you is accessibility to pockets. While the mass storage on a staff bag is incredible, if you cannot get to the pockets, it does not help much. Go with the one that gives you the best access to the areas you want on your bag.

Lastly, if dirt and bulk is a concern with the Cleveland bag, check out the new Cleveland Black staff bag as it is slightly smaller and all black.

Ohh yeah. That Murdered Out Cleveland bag is sick!!

Get the Nike one because it matches your putter.

Thanks IceMann but I couldn't give a s**t if it matches any gear or not tbh. I am far too old, and grey, to worry about things like that.

Being functional is what I am after. Everything else is secondary really.

Are you set on a Staff bag? The new Ogio Chamber bag looks really cool

Yeah I would look into a cart bag if you aren't interested in having a specific brand, they are just as functional and are smaller.

Yeah I would look into a cart bag if you aren't interested in having a specific brand, they are just as functional and are smaller.

Im not sure I agree there. There are some great cart bags, but staff bags offer some incredible features for those that like the look. Including normally more storage as the primary feature.

I am only a couple of years for the Big 5-0 myself so I understand, as some others have said...go with accessability...which ever one provides you with enough storage and easy access to it should be your choice.

I have never owned a "FULL STAFF" bag, but I am highly anticipating getting my Callaway Staff bag for the Morgan Cup! Can't wait to see what the 2012 bags look like!

Im not sure I agree there. There are some great cart bags, but staff bags offer some incredible features for those that like the look. Including normally more storage as the primary feature.

I will defer to the expert here, I am sure they have more room but I can't imagine needing much more than I can fit in my bag for a recreational round.

Last edited:
Well some people don't care at all about the brand, I respect your opinion. In that case, grab whatever one you like!!

Thank you guys for the input. I have been looking on the net again today and with that and your helpful comments will be ordering one next week.

I will not disclose which one yet, but will instead post a 'Whats In The NEW Bag' pic as soon as I get it filled with all my stuff

Have a good New Year everyone.

Can't wait to see it Richard. Congrats on the big 50

That's a nice looking Cleveland bag Richard. My Callaway staff bag won't be around much longer and I'm already looking for a new one. I'll probably wait until at least the end of this year to get one though.

Very nice choice Richard. Looks great.

Tap Tap Tap

Back