What's for Dinner? Super Bowl Edition

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
What kind of spread are you planning for the Super Bowl?

I am not sure what we are doing since it's likely going to be just the two of us. I'll post our fixin's when I know what they are!

BBQ chicken, cole slaw, baked sweet potatoes. Just the four of us. This time the kids get to see the whole game (I think I posted about sending The Kid to be last year with 1:30 left to play. He'll never forgive us.)

I dunno where I'm even going to watch it this year. I'll probably go over to my folks' place. Momma makes Ro-Tel dip that's just amazing, almost a meal in itself with some fresh tortillas and chips.

I may cook up some backstrap, we'll see.

I like to stay home. That way, if I decide to drink too much it doesn't matter.

Heading to a local sports bar (wings, chip, drinks, etc) with a group of friends.

If I even watch the game we'll probably order pizza. Not much fun watching two teams play for something that your team hasn't been close enough to smell. Take away "The Drive" and "The Fumble" we would have been there. :sad: I'll go drink my sorrow away.

A staple though is wings. You've got to have wings with football. It's like a law or something.

Pizza, beer, chips/dip, and probably some sort of smoked sausage simmered all day in a crock pot with sauerkraut and apple juice.

Pizza, beer, chips/dip, and probably some sort of smoked sausage simmered all day in a crock pot with sauerkraut and apple juice.

Wow, that sounds like the most delicious thing I've ever heard.

I have a hockey game on Superbowl Sunday, no delicious meal for me. Not really a football fan anyways.

Im going to try and get in a round just before the game starts and then crash my sisters party. She is getting a taco cart which never sucks.

Im going to try and get in a round just before the game starts and then crash my sisters party. She is getting a taco cart which never sucks.

eh?

(I mean, I can guess what a taco cart is, but do you rent them or something?)

eh?

(I mean, I can guess what a taco cart is, but do you rent them or something?)

Yep, ive gotten them for parties too. 400 bucks for about 60-70 people, with all of the asada, chicken, pastor and carnitas you can eat. They do tacos, burittos, quesadillas, nachos,tortas... and usually they stick around for about 4 hours. We got one for my birthday and had a taco eating contest, it was a big mistake.

Yep, ive gotten them for parties too. 400 bucks for about 60-70 people, with all of the asada, chicken, pastor and carnitas you can eat. They do tacos, burittos, quesadillas, nachos,tortas... and usually they stick around for about 4 hours. We got one for my birthday and had a taco eating contest, it was a big mistake.

I take it that this is a patio setup?

I take it that this is a patio setup?

Ya, I put them in my backyard and my sister does them in her driveway. Hell, Ive been to parties where they are in the street. Im guessing its more of a southern California thing.

No idea, might head to one of our 5 bars downtown to watch the game. I'm sure one of them will have a decent spread.

Hey Gas - I love me some tacos, but do they do tri-tip carts too? :D

Hey Gas - I love me some tacos, but do they do tri-tip carts too? :D
That would be awesome, I think I will throw some on the grill tomorrow night. Has the rest of the country caught up on tri tip yet or is it still a California thing?

That would be awesome, I think I will throw some on the grill tomorrow night. Has the rest of the country caught up on tri tip yet or is it still a California thing?

It's still a California thing (though I did actually see a tri tip at the meat market a couple weeks ago, I'm going to have to pick one up). I learned about it from all the desert racers when I flew into San Diego to head down to Ensenada for the Baja. I could live on the tacos, fish tacos, and tri-tip sandwiches for pretty much now on. :blob:

I could live on the tacos, fish tacos, and tri-tip sandwiches for pretty much now on. :blob:

Yes, you pretty much described my whole diet. :act-up:
The butcher should be able to order it for you, they just ground it up for burgers by you, so you have to request it. I dont get why the rest of the country has not caught on, you can feed 5 people for 14 bucks, and it tastes so good. Our tacos still dont compare to Ensanadas, I used to go crazy with all the tacos at the entrance to Estero beach.

I have no plans for any kind of special Super Bowl meal on Sunday.
Sunday morning I have to be up at 4:00 to help set up a fundraiser breakfast that my snowmobile club is having and that wont be over until noon and after that I doubt I will feel like doing anything.
Honestly, I probably wont even watch the game...

Yes, you pretty much described my whole diet. :act-up:
The butcher should be able to order it for you, they just ground it up for burgers by you, so you have to request it. I dont get why the rest of the country has not caught on, you can feed 5 people for 14 bucks, and it tastes so good. Our tacos still dont compare to Ensanadas, I used to go crazy with all the tacos at the entrance to Estero beach.

Next time you're down there, MK Taco is the best in Ensenada. It's on the main highway that runs through downtown, just south of where the city hall/community center (where the start line for the Baja 1000 is) a block or two, on the west side of the road.

I'll be out there possibly for the 500, and the 1000 this year if things go well with the racer. http://www.endeavorbaja.com/

Back