Adams Golf For Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they can keep putting out quality products. I have always loved their products.

Well this is certainly a shock. Although I can't name a pro on the PGA tour that is sponsored by Adams that does well on a weekly basis the last person I can think of was Ryan Moore? I think?

Aaron Baddeley is better than Moore.

They make very good products. Hope it's nothing like Nickent.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. A corporate takeover is not always a bad thing.

This is nuts. I thought they were going in the other direction. It seemed to me that they were on the upswing.

Several Champions Tour notables are sponsored by them (Watson, Perry, Langer, Azinger) plus possibly the top golfer around at the moment - Yani Tseng!

TaylorMade should buy them. Or Callaway.

I can't imagine what the thought process is. Or what exactly this means. Either way, I hate seeing good businesses go through this.

I'm not pressing the panic button quite yet. New ownership isn't always a bad thing.

I'm far from an expert on the corporate finance world.

I'm not pressing the panic button quite yet. New ownership isn't always a bad thing.

I'm far from an expert on the corporate finance world.

Good point. New ownership can = new ideas.

Explore strategic alternatives is corporate-speak for putting your company up for sale. I've been through one sale at a previous employer and this is exactly the phrase that was used.

I think if they'd just ramp up production of the PNT2 again, their market share would skyrocket and they wouldn't have any problems :)

Hate to hear this as Adams was my first real set of quality sticks with the A 3os. Irons and hybrids. Also played played several other models. Great company and I hope it works out well for them and golfers everywhere.

TapAhoy!

They're R&D department is probably draining their accounts as they've obviously been working overtime the past couple years! They've definitely been pumping serious product into the market. I don't see their crazy amounts of releases as a bad thing, except for the fact that I never see anyone gaming any of their clubs except for the Fast Series woods. I could see why they might be looking at changing up the way they run things.
Hope they stick around. I like Adams!

They're R&D department is probably draining their accounts as they've obviously been working overtime the past couple years! They've definitely been pumping serious product into the market. I don't see their crazy amounts of releases as a bad thing, except for the fact that I never see anyone gaming any of their clubs except for the Fast Series woods. I could see why they might be looking at changing up the way they run things.
Hope they stick around. I like Adams!

You never see their hybrids in bags?
They dominate the marketshare in that arena.

I see this as a potential good thing. Lets be realistic, there are private equity firms that would have no problem paying cash for this thing at 55MM. That same company may be willing to add the capital needed to take it to the next level.
But on the flip side, if they are bought by a private equity firm, that firm could lever it up, water down the product, and flip it, too.

I'm not really sure if it's a bad thing or not. They do seem to have image issues. Perfect example is the buzz on the Fast12 line compared to the RBZ. They had a high COR fairway with a slot a year ago with the F11, but TM tosses one out there and it's like they discovered fire.

I'm not really sure if it's a bad thing or not. They do seem to have image issues. Perfect example is the buzz on the Fast12 line compared to the RBZ. They had a high COR fairway with a slot a year ago with the F11, but TM tosses one out there and it's like they discovered fire.
TaylorMade did discover fire.

They have great products out that fit a wide group of golfers. This should just be a means to protect themselves against takeover or to align themselves with another company that isn't a direct competitor (like Puma/Cobra).

Bought my kid a Fast11 3w and it is real fun to hit. TM just flipped the slot on the bottom and then gave it THE DUMBEST NAME EVER and presto marketing gold. We'll see how well they sell after everyone was required to buy a white club last year. But that is for another thread.

I truly hope that they aren't gobbled up by Cally or TM or their products will disappear. I'm leaning towards Reebok as a quick guess.

I think they are a vastly underrated company when it comes to technology and innovation. I spent the bulk of the last two years finding success with their irons, yet even I am more likely to grab a fairway wood or driver from another company first. Look at the number of posts in the RBZ thread compared to the Fast12 thread. That tells you all you need to know about the importance of marketing and consumer perception.

I think they are a vastly underrated company when it comes to technology and innovation. I spent the bulk of the last two years finding success with their irons, yet even I am more likely to grab a fairway wood or driver from another company first. Look at the number of posts in the RBZ thread compared to the Fast12 thread. That tells you all you need to know about the importance of marketing and consumer perception.

I love me some Fast 12. Granted, i have most of the posts in that thread.

I truly hope that they aren't gobbled up by Cally or TM or their products will disappear. I'm leaning towards Reebok as a quick guess.

I was thinking Reebok myself...following Puma's example of buying Cobra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back