2012 THP Fantasy Golf

Yeah! But I kinda like it. I like the bench player idea. Paul will be tough but I'll make sure to tweet him before the tourney's to see how he is feeling. Use only when he seems like its going to be a win. I fully expect 5 wins out of Paul this year.

I bet getting a tweet from you is all he will need to win a tourney.

I bet getting a tweet from you is all he will need to win a tourney.

I'm pretty sure you're right! He loves my tweets. I just see a big year for Nike's favorite golfer.

im in, good luck everyone

Cool. I'm in! Thanks THP.

Well I'm sittin' in group 2, and I'm ready to win this thing! Good luck everybody, I'm looking forward to talking golf with you guys all season!

I just saw this on twitter, I probably shouldn't post this for my competition but I am feeling kind today.

shanebacon Shane B.

Lucas Glover hurt his knee paddle boarding and might miss Hyundai. My guess? His beard got caught in a big reef and flipped his board.

I set my lineup, no clue what I am doing, but it was fun doing it.

Dont want to use the top guys first, save them for later? I waivered on my picks way too much.

I think this is the first year that lineups could be changed within 5 minutes of first tee time. In past years, the deadline was midnight EST

NICE!

I set my lineup, no clue what I am doing, but it was fun doing it.

Dont want to use the top guys first, save them for later? I waivered on my picks way too much.

LOL, you sound like me. Hopefully I learn something over the first few weeks and do better from there.

Prepare for the arse whoopin. Its a fun league the way its run, you only have so many plays for each golfer.

I think this is the first year that lineups could be changed within 5 minutes of first tee time. In past years, the deadline was midnight EST

NICE!

Actually you could make your changes up until 5 minutes before the first tee time, but Yahoo always put midnight as the deadline until early the next morning. The same thing will happen when there are rain/darkness delays that force a round into a second day. They will change the deadline once the current round is completed and the starting times for the next round are announced. This particularly is important for cut down days that go into a Saturday morning and you've got a guy right on the cut line that you may need to replace if he misses the cut before the 3rd round begins.

Also, you should pay attention to tournaments that play on multiple courses like the Humana and Pebble Beach. Some folks will pick players in each group that will play the easiest course on different day, and burn starts for each of them in order to maximize points.

The 10 start rule makes you do your homework and plan out your starts for each guy. Back in the pre-hydrant days, you had to budget starts for Tiger, as he was a must start at late season events like Firestone and Cog Hill.

LOL, you sound like me. Hopefully I learn something over the first few weeks and do better from there.
That's what im hoping, I would imagine after a week or so it's easy to catch on to whats happening.

I wonder if anyone used a name other than their screen name.

I would hope not. That would be bad. Isn't that a DQ?

Edit: Yes it is.

They could still play couldn't they? It seems they would be ineligible for the prize for not following the rules but could still pick and talk some very weak trash.

They could still play couldn't they? It seems they would be ineligible for the prize for not following the rules but could still pick and talk some very weak trash.

Yes they could I'm sure. VERY weak trash at that. And the pirze sounds awesome, so why disqualify yourself over something so silly?

I can see myself overmanaging my players and burning all their starts up. And then come November I will be relying on John Daly or some other putz.

Ok, my picks are in and I'm torn already. I'm such a Stricker fan boy!

I'm in Group 3. Good luck my fellow THPers. This is gonna be fun. L8R

Wow, I have been out of town for the holidays and not on the forum as much as usual and somehow I missed this. Luckily I just saw this and got in before the TOC starts. This will be a blast, good luck to all!

Just joined group 3, looking forward to my first fantasy golf league.

Got into group two good luck and may the best man win!

Just signed in to team 3.
First timer for fantasy golf but look like fun.
Thx THP.

Back