Putter fitting now or later?

m.skeen

THP for the win
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Since I'm fairly new to the game I would love some opinions on getting fit straight out of the gate (did this with my irons) or waiting for my putting stroke to develop and then get fit.

I've been doing a lot of research on putters and I'm very interested in SeeMore system to help me set in the same position. I'm sure there are other methods out there as well.

Since I'm fairly new to the game I would love some opinions on getting fit straight out of the gate (did this with my irons) or waiting for my putting stroke to develop and then get fit.

I've been doing a lot of research on putters and I'm very interested in SeeMore system to help me set in the same position. I'm sure there are other methods out there as well.

Thinking SeeMore? GET FIT NOW

Much easier on you in the long run to learn proper stroke, setup, etc via the SeeMore system with videos by Pat O'Brien, etc. Much easier to create good habits than to break bad ones.

I think this is one area that a fitting can really help you right away.

This has been something I've been contemplating and haven't discussed yet with my local pro. I'm really liking the idea of an anchored stroke such as a belly or something similar, but I'm curious what would go into a fitting from a local pro vs someone at a putter company who's sole job is to only focus on putting.

Thinking SeeMore? GET FIT NOW

Much easier on you in the long run to learn proper stroke, setup, etc via the SeeMore system with videos by Pat O'Brien, etc. Much easier to create good habits than to break bad ones.

I was thinking about this. I definitely don't want to develop bad habits.

I think this is one area that a fitting can really help you right away.

Thanks. I'm going to try and set up a SeeMore fitting and then I plan to schedule a putting lesson soon after.

i agree with JB i wish i was fitted for a putter years ago i was using a putter for years that wasn't great for my stroke. seemore will def get your putting on track early if you choose them.

My putting improved after I was fitted. I wish I had been fitted on day one.

That is pretty sweet of seemore! Good luck with the fitting.

No worries. Ask for John. You are in good hands!!

Thanks, I called and left my number for John. I also heard back from the closest fitter to me today but he is a PGA caddy and can't help until late February. Is it possible to do I phone fitting for a beginner?

EDIT: Wow, after reading the SeeMore fitting thread I think I answered my own question. Sounds like a phone fitting and subsequent customer service should work for me!

Last edited:
Get fitted now. Don't be like 99% of us and wait 10 years into your game to find out your tools are not right for you.

Back