The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at California, Florida and North Carolina. I thought aboot Texas for some time too. So I guess 4. Wait 5, Las Vegas. I'm just going to be looking for the best job. I'd hate to move away from family and friends I have here but sometimes, I dont know. It's a tough decision.

Bring your a$$ to Tejas dude!! Cheaper housing than CA or FL and year round golf as well (perhaps not quite as warm). Plus, you would be in the middle of the country for easy travels to see family, etc.

Plus, OEM will be back here soon as well. Need a solid north TX clan!

Bring your a$$ to Tejas dude!! Cheaper housing than CA or FL and year round golf as well (perhaps not quite as warm). Plus, you would be in the middle of the country for easy travels to see family, etc.

Florida - No state income tax! But then again, Texas doesnt either.

This is going to be tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them all. The no income tax is extremely appealing. California or Nevada are just close but California is expensive. I've just always been drawn to some of the companies out there. But, gotta be realistic. If I move to Texas or North Carolina, I want an accent.

This is going to be tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them all. The no income tax is extremely appealing. California or Nevada are just close but California is expensive. I've just always been drawn to some of the companies out there. But, gotta be realistic. If I move to Texas or North Carolina, I want an accent.

I think you can pick it up bro! When I first moved to GA from VA, it took about a year to get a drawl even though I still don't have the thickest southern accent. That way of talking will creep on ya like Kudzu.

Move to PA dude....great moving assistance programs that a lot of co's offer....place across the street from me is for sale too. Team THP Street!

Accent? TMex will fit right in.....I am a foreigner in my own state. :D

good luck Yoccos, as you said tough to move away from family, we moved from Ohio to North Carolina for a job of mine...needless to say we didnt stay long, the mrs missed the family and we ended up back in OH...but a different part, so we are still close enough to visit people, but far enough away to have our own space/life

good luck in whatever you decide

good luck Yoccos, as you said tough to move away from family, we moved from Ohio to North Carolina for a job of mine...needless to say we didnt stay long, the mrs missed the family and we ended up back in OH...but a different part, so we are still close enough to visit people, but far enough away to have our own space/life

Thanks man... The family part is going to the hardest for me. I'm not in a relationship per say so I'm hoping I can make it work. It's kinda funny because we're so tight and just used to always being around.

Does he have to become a vegan as well? Being a male vegan in Texas has gotta be hard.

South Dakota is nice this time of year.

I lol'd. I love South Dakota haha.

Accent? TMex will fit right in.....I am a foreigner in my own state. :D

Hahahaha.... Dude, I'd love to have one. It's been a dream of mine.

Move to PA dude....great moving assistance programs that a lot of co's offer....place across the street from me is for sale too. Team THP Street!

PA would be brought to it's knees! I'm not sure aboot the weather. That's what kept me from South Dakota haha.

I think you can pick it up bro! When I first moved to GA from VA, it took about a year to get a drawl even though I still don't have the thickest southern accent. That way of talking will creep on ya like Kudzu.

Yeah I just want a drawl, I figure that way if somethings don't work out, I'll be able to pick up a girl in no time. Haha.

Man that sounds a lot like my scenario except I wasn't even able to convince the wife to move before she put the breaks on the idea. I was close for a while, I had her seriously pondering a move to FL but then when her sister caught wind of the plan and started crying that put the hammer on my plan. Thanks a lot! :angry:

Man that sounds a lot like my scenario except I wasn't even able to convince the wife to move before she put the breaks on the idea. I was close for a while, I had her seriously pondering a move to FL but then when her sister caught wind of the plan and started crying that put the hammer on my plan. Thanks a lot! :angry:

Even though JB tells me that it's never going to happen, Jenn says she is good to move as long as I find a job first. I think I should send her down to THP to spend a weekend with GolferGal. She'll be so convinced that moving is the right idea I will have the green light before her flight lands back in Albany

Game over. When you moving to North Texas TMex? My plans are in the works right now just need clear some big hurtles but it will happen bro. We'll work on our accents and in no time I'll be back to my southern speak and you'll sound like a native.

sounds better than New York

Tmex - DON'T MOVE HERE haha
60 degrees yesterday, should be 50 today. We're all in shock.

Truth be told Yoc, you want no part of living here. A warm blooded Arizona boy would DIE in these winters. The city that I live in (Sioux Falls) is actually a great city to work in and start a business and career. The hospital I work for is always growing and expanding, that has helped our economy here and our housing market. We're kind of in a little bubble from the rest of the economic issues. That part of it is great, but the weather sucks balls and will break your will from about November 1 til mid April (except this year).

Even though JB tells me that it's never going to happen, Jenn says she is good to move as long as I find a job first. I think I should send her down to THP to spend a weekend with GolferGal. She'll be so convinced that moving is the right idea I will have the green light before her flight lands back in Albany

Do it! You would love it down here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Truth be told Yoc, you want no part of living here. A warm blooded Arizona boy would DIE in these winters. The city that I live in (Sioux Falls) is actually a great city to work in and start a business and career. The hospital I work for is always growing and expanding, that has helped our economy here and our housing market. We're kind of in a little bubble from the rest of the economic issues. That part of it is great, but the weather sucks balls and will break your will from about November 1 til mid April (except this year).

Dude I just googled Sioux Falls. You could fart and people would hear it in two other states. How far are you from Minneapolis?

Dude I just googled Sioux Falls. You could fart and people would hear it in two other states. How far are you from Minneapolis?
4 hours.

We have a little over 150k people here, not too small but still small enough not to have to hassle with traffic too bad. The rest of the state is another story, there are parts of mid and western SD that haven't even been settled yet.

4 hours.

We have a little over 150k people here, not too small but still small enough not to have to hassle with traffic too bad. The rest of the state is another story, there are parts of mid and western SD that haven't even been settled yet.

One of my favorite things about western states are the roads are all squared off. That makes life so easy. In NC we just put roads all over the place. It makes traffic a lot of fun.

One of my favorite things about western states are the roads are all squared off. That makes life so easy. In NC we just put roads all over the place. It makes traffic a lot of fun.
All of our roads are squared off like that, it helps a ton. We do get some traffic every once in a while, but all it does is make my normal 15 minute drive from one end of town to the other a little closer to 30 minutes, no biggie.

I know you have been join through some tough times lately Yocoos and I hope that you can get things sorted out and find a good place where you can begin your next life's chapter. You have chosen 5 good locations ( stay away from South Dakota) and each would be a wonderful place. Do what you need to do to sort things out, look at the big picture and make a decision that is good for you. I know because of who you are, whatever choice you made if there were THPers living close they would do what they could to help you getting started. I wish you luck in your continued search.

Game over. When you moving to North Texas TMex? My plans are in the works right now just need clear some big hurtles but it will happen bro. We'll work on our accents and in no time I'll be back to my southern speak and you'll sound like a native.

I honestly think, Texas would name a town after all of us. It might not be fair to the rest of the country to have so much talent in one area.

I would die I think too. I spent almost a week in Chi town for the Bears/Saints game awhile back. WTC. That weather was just BS. I've never had wind feel like it was cutting my body in half before.

This made me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back