OEM Kevin's driver swing!

I like the noodle idea. My instructor makes me use a bucket sometimes. It's embarrassing when you smack it! Love the pics and summary of your lesson. Keep up the good work Kevin!

Awesome stuff Kevin. It working with it and it will be worth it. I wonder if you could setup something inside your house to work with. Maybe with a 2x 4 and alignment sticks?

Very inspiring update Kevin, your latest pics look real good quite a change from when your first started your quest.

Great write up KMac. That's a ton of work going on there and I see good things for you dude.

Massive coloneling!!!

great write up buddy. Keep at it and you'll be back to form in no time! Patience Young Jedi, patience.

Pretty good stuff Kevin, I love the amount of time your putting into your game. Its gonna come together

Thanks dudes. Patience is right and something Im not good at.

OEM I love the position here at the top of the swing!

Thanks ddec, the one thing he has said that is really good is my take away and position at the top. Says its awesome.

I like the noodle idea. My instructor makes me use a bucket sometimes. It's embarrassing when you smack it! Love the pics and summary of your lesson. Keep up the good work Kevin!

lol I smacked that noodle and tore it up. It was embarrassing. haha

Awesome stuff Kevin. It working with it and it will be worth it. I wonder if you could setup something inside your house to work with. Maybe with a 2x 4 and alignment sticks?

He actually said something about setting up both tour sticks and even putting a piece of cardboard across them to visually see the plane I need to stay under. Interesting idea but not sure I'll set up a cardboard tent on the range lol.

Look carefully at the position of your right hand at address compared to the position at impact in one of those pictures, it should be the same and it isn't. Make sure your right hand and wrist is not locked up at the top, it needs to be relaxed to the point of almost limp in order to allow ito to be in the proper position at the top and allows you to come inside with a strong move. At just before impact you should be in a position where it looks like you are trying to drive the butt end of the club handle into the back of the ball in order to maintain some lag and generate a solid hit, once that right hand is released the ball should already be launched. Think about hitting the ball with the heel and edge of your left hand, centrifugal forces will pull the club into the right position at impact. It also looks to me as though you are coming forward onto your toes through the swing instead of staying balanced and centered on the downswing, you are having to adjust your hands in closer which automatically throws your swing plane off in order to compensate for that forward movement onto your toes right before impact. To get good power it should feel like the club is pulling on your left arm and shoulder through the ball and not like you are hitting at the ball with your hands. Your hands just put the club in the right position, your arm swing and turn provide the power.

Great job there. Looks like a lot of hard work and i'm sure it will pay off. How was the noodle set up? Did he put it through a alignment stick?

Look carefully at the position of your right hand at address compared to the position at impact in one of those pictures, it should be the same and it isn't. Make sure your right hand and wrist is not locked up at the top, it needs to be relaxed to the point of almost limp in order to allow ito to be in the proper position at the top and allows you to come inside with a strong move. At just before impact you should be in a position where it looks like you are trying to drive the butt end of the club handle into the back of the ball in order to maintain some lag and generate a solid hit, once that right hand is released the ball should already be launched. Think about hitting the ball with the heel and edge of your left hand, centrifugal forces will pull the club into the right position at impact. It also looks to me as though you are coming forward onto your toes through the swing instead of staying balanced and centered on the downswing, you are having to adjust your hands in closer which automatically throws your swing plane off in order to compensate for that forward movement onto your toes right before impact. To get good power it should feel like the club is pulling on your left arm and shoulder through the ball and not like you are hitting at the ball with your hands. Your hands just put the club in the right position, your arm swing and turn provide the power.

I bet the PGA instructor at Golf Galaxy will bring these things up when the time is right.

nice kevin looks like were working on some of the same stuff.. glad to see your progressing!

Great job there. Looks like a lot of hard work and i'm sure it will pay off. How was the noodle set up? Did he put it through a alignment stick?

Yeah he actually used some other device too. He put the alignment stick in and then the noodle over the stick. He said outside I could stick the alignment sticks into the ground. And said to make sure to cut down the noodle to about waste high or it would be too long.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I bet the PGA instructor at Golf Galaxy will bring these things up when the time is right.

Jumped the gun there I guess sorry about that OEM K, didn't want to create any confusion, swing building is a one step at a time process. Good luck with it.

Jumped the gun there I guess sorry about that OEM K, didn't want to create any confusion, swing building is a one step at a time process. Good luck with it.

No worries dude but you are right, trying to rebuild little by little. But any and all advice is welcome still.

Your setup and take away are money, elbow in and left arm strait. Your halfway their man, keep at it.

You mentioned putting the headcover on your belt and trying to hit it. I used to wear my belt buckle on my right side and do the same thing. People look at you funny on the course but once you explain it you kind of see a light go on in their head.

Nice update OEM. Reminds me I need to update my golftec thread with the last lessons too.

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to perform the proper swing with no ball there, but once the ball is on the tee, you instantly revert to the old swing? Why are we golfers such mental patients?

Kevin this is awesome dude. That writeup was fantastic. You really explained everything perfectly. I have some of the same issues as you do especially at the top of my swing. I can't wait to start my lessons. I am so pumped

great stuff. I love reading what you're going through as I struggle with coming over the top too. I've been really trying to work on it and stuff you've mentioned has helped a lot!

Great update KMac! I remember doing the noodle drill quite a bit when I went with GolfTec. You're getting close my friend. Keep at it and the hcap is going to drop big time.

Great update Kevin! I hate the damned noodle drill, but it is absolutely on of the best for getting on plane. I hit it to, sent the stupid thing across the room. Keep it up man.

--
tapatalk

I love this stuff, Kev. I think your instructor is really doing a good job. My daughter is doing very similar things, and reading your excellent write up is great confirmation to me about what she is doing. In the past, we have almost built a cage of alignment sticks around her. lol. I just showed her how your instructor uses the noodle and she loved that. She hates alignment sticks.

Kevin

Kevin. This is some awesome information and I am certainly going to try the headcover tip. Keep up the good work and I know it will all start coming together for you real soon. Thanks for sharing.

TapAhoy!

Let the coloneling begin!

Kevin this is awesome dude. That writeup was fantastic. You really explained everything perfectly. I have some of the same issues as you do especially at the top of my swing. I can't wait to start my lessons. I am so pumped

Ive seen some of that in your videos dude, good luck with the lessons and ...... go Team Hackers!

Your setup and take away are money, elbow in and left arm strait. Your halfway their man, keep at it.

Thanks dude, working on it.

Nice update OEM. Reminds me I need to update my golftec thread with the last lessons too.

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to perform the proper swing with no ball there, but once the ball is on the tee, you instantly revert to the old swing? Why are we golfers such mental patients?

Unreal how my swing looked awesome and then I get over a ball and fall apart. Thats going to change though.

Great update KMac! I remember doing the noodle drill quite a bit when I went with GolfTec. You're getting close my friend. Keep at it and the hcap is going to drop big time.

Thanks man, I sure hope so or Im never taking another lesson lol.

Great update Kevin! I hate the damned noodle drill, but it is absolutely on of the best for getting on plane. I hit it to, sent the stupid thing across the room. Keep it up man.

--
tapatalk

I didnt hate it till I hit the stupid thing right there in the store haha but it sure does work.

I love this stuff, Kev. I think your instructor is really doing a good job. My daughter is doing very similar things, and reading your excellent write up is great confirmation to me about what she is doing. In the past, we have almost built a cage of alignment sticks around her. lol. I just showed her how your instructor uses the noodle and she loved that. She hates alignment sticks.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I actually think he is doing a good job too and I appreciate the confirmation as I think you are a very good golfer. Heck you beat JB and I all by yourself LOL. Get a noodle, cut it in half or so and then put it over the alignment sticks. That is what Im going to do.

Kevin. This is some awesome information and I am certainly going to try the headcover tip. Keep up the good work and I know it will all start coming together for you real soon. Thanks for sharing.

TapAhoy!

Hey thanks SMG!

Kev-dog, are you enjoying the process? Building from the ground up is always fun but a ton to take in. Looks like your soaking in the entire process, good for you bro. Thanks for sharing!

Kev-dog, are you enjoying the process? Building from the ground up is always fun but a ton to take in. Looks like your soaking in the entire process, good for you bro. Thanks for sharing!

Im not going to lie its tough but Im in it for the long haul. I want to have a fundamentally sound swing from the ground up.

Hang in there Kev and it will all pan out buddy! Baby steps all the way to a single digit bro :blob::clapp:

Back