adidas Golf Introduces POWERBAND 4.0 Footwear

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Aggressive, next-generation design delivers maximum performance and power to support high-speed golf swings

CARLSBAD, CALIF. (January 10, 2012) – adidas Golf, an industry leader in footwear innovation and performance technologies, is launching the next generation of its most powerful footwear – the POWERBAND 4.0, catering to those seeking enhanced stability, leverage, and balance control.

The POWERBAND franchise has always been about eliminating power leaks and for its ability to help golfers of all levels better transfer their power from back-swing back to the ball at impact. The key is an energy-harnessing foundation called a POWERBAND CHASSIS, which provides extraordinary lateral stability from the ground up to allow for faster, more aggressive golf swings and a stretch resistant synthetic overlay for added stability and durability . The POWERBAND 4.0 allows athletes to gain greater control, agility and leverage at the ground level encouraging speed and stability throughout the golf swing.

POWERBAND-40672059Profile-L.jpg

“There’s no better way to support golf’s growing power game than by advancing golf’s most powerful shoe,” said Bill Price, Sr. Director of Global Footwear. “The POWERBAND 4.0 provokes confidence because it delivers the support and stability aggressive golfers need - and does so at a tour-proven level.”

Complementing the POWERBAND CHASSIS is adidas Golf’s FitFOAM[SUP]TM[/SUP] insole for ever-lasting cushioning and a TPU forefoot with 8-spike configuration with THINTECH[SUP]TM[/SUP] low-profile technology for improved traction and stability. The upper features full-grain leather with detailed synthetic overlays for added stability and durability.

POWERBAND 4.0 is offered in medium and wide widths, carries a ClimaProof® two-year waterproof warranty, and is available in a choice of three colorways: White / Black / Metallic Silver, Black / Black / White, and White / Slime / Black.

Available at retail on January 1, 2012 with an MSRP of $150 USD.

Mmmm, I like Adidas shoes.

OK these made me perk right up. Very nice looking shoe, adidas continues to drive the pace car in the golf shoe market.

I have last years powerband shoe and love it! What a great shoe.

they like that orange color don't they?
I like them. I think they look more like the Powerband 2.0, which was a very comfortable shoe

$150 for that kind of quality is awesome. Love the Adidas line of shoes.

I like them. I think they look more like the Powerband 2.0, which was a very comfortable shoe
Must of hired some Longhorns or Volunteers recenty.

They sure do! Last year they sold out of the orange. I think I remember Dennis saying they sold out early.

We should be stocking these should any one be interested ...

Must of hired some Longhorns or Volunteers recenty.

I was just thinking how I'd like their shoes more without that ugly orange on them. At least it's not burnt orange.

These are a seriously cool looking shoe, Adidas never fails to impress me

Yep, great looking as I expected. Own a pair of 2.0's and 3.0's - could not be more pleased than I am with these for an athletic style golf shoe.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

They look pretty good.

Sweet! I enjoy the powerband series, such great fit and performance in all conditions. I also like how they accented the detail on this version. Very nice looking shoe all around.

I'm getting these Asap. Yup! woo

Love them!!!!

Nice. I wish my former sponsor would make a ladies version of some of these great new shoes they've put out. My daughter needs shoes, and she doesn't like most ladies shoes.

Kevin

These are really nice looking, I've found Adidas to be a little narrow for me, but I'll give them a shot again just based on looks!

Very good looking shoe. I've never worn an Adidas golf shoe. I really want to though.

Def a good looking shoe. I have two pair of Adidas golf shoes. Looks like I will be tearing up some grass this spring with a new pair. Thanks GG.

I like these a lot. I like how they stuck with orange

Interesting...I'll wait to see them live.

I might need to look into these. Need to se the other colors, but Slime would match my bag.

Ok, I really like the look of those!

Also, odd they aren't on the Adidas website yet.

Back