2012 THP Fantasy Golf

I love being in last place in my group. 118 points ftw. Lol.
Eh, you are not too far behind me, and it only takes a couple of hot guys to make some decent points...wait until you pick a bunch of guys that miss the cut...that can be a killer...:D

Oh boy. These next couple of weeks are going to separate the men from the boys. Lets get it on!!!

Eh, you are not too far behind me, and it only takes a couple of hot guys to make some decent points...wait until you pick a bunch of guys that miss the cut...that can be a killer...:D

In that case I won't do that. Lol.

The first of many top 10 finishes for me. :rockon:

Bring on the Sony!

Should I be able to see the combined scores for all the groups?

The first of many top 10 finishes for me. :rockon:

Bring on the Sony!

Should I be able to see the combined scores for all the groups?
I didn't see your name in any of the three lists.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're in my group and are tied for tenth in group 1. But really probably around 30th for real. Like I am probably around 135th place overall, hahaha

Last edited:
Who is goldtee?

Sweet, bumps me up a spot.

so i had an email from yahoo this morning announcing the overall leader and his prize (dozen nike golf balls). I didn't realize that yahoo was giving out prizes for the overall leader each week. Hopefully THP can snag a few of these.

I've got some Euros that even I'm not sure about this week!

It seems that Yahoo doesn't know what a Scottish flag looks like, or refuses to acknowledge our existence. Suits us! :D

They may take your flag, but they will never take away your ability to choose Euros! Alba gu bràth!

I made a change to my A group after seeing Win McMurray's picks. She is a fantasy beast.

They may take your flag, but they will never take away your ability to choose Euros! Alba gu bràth!

I made a change to my A group after seeing Win McMurray's picks. She is a fantasy beast.

Someone's gotta fly the imaginary flag! :D

so i had an email from yahoo this morning announcing the overall leader and his prize (dozen nike golf balls). I didn't realize that yahoo was giving out prizes for the overall leader each week. Hopefully THP can snag a few of these.

You need to opt in to compete against the entire yahoo universe. Go to the team info page and select "prize eligibility".
The first week winner had a huge amount of points. Hopefully everyone registers and we bag a few winners.

I saw the top scorers in Yahoo got a dozen Nike balls. i would love to see some THPers get some free swag

FYI, I moved the banter about this week's tournament to the Sony thread. Remember we discuss in the tournament thread, not here. This thread is for general Fantasy golf talk.

Got it, Small. Picks made for the Sony. Ok, let's see if there's room for improvement with my 32nd position on the 1st tourney. Did some research about upcoming tourney and realized that I can use my bench players. Which I didn't for 1st tourney. Good luck THPers. L8R

I always start the year strong and start messing up in the middle. Another strong start this year sitting in 3rd overall between all the groups, hoping to stay up there. Took some nobodies this week since it's early, hoping they can play well. My sleepers normally do just that, they sleep and don't play very good. Hoping for another big week and not a roster full of missed cuts.

Wow, "thepete" made a late move and went from mid pack to the top in one great round! gaining 23 spots in one round is crazy! Good job.

no kidding, thats a freaking huge jump...congrats!

No where to go but up! My squad is finishing 1-4 this week. Should bump me all the way to the top.

I made my picks for the Sony...but to be honest...I have no clue how it'll go.

Does anyone know what happens if any of the players miss the cut. Do you get to replace them or are you just out of luck?

I made my picks for the Sony...but to be honest...I have no clue how it'll go.

Does anyone know what happens if any of the players miss the cut. Do you get to replace them or are you just out of luck?
You can only use players on your team for that week. Starters and bench. If you happen to pick 8 guys who all miss the cut, you are SOL.

If one of your starters misses the cut, you can replace him with a bench player, if they are in the same group.

Looks like we got a lot of players in League 2. Let's have a contest between the leagues too!!

Looks like we got a lot of players in League 2. Let's have a contest between the leagues too!!
The whole contest is combined with all three leagues as it is. There's just three leagues because Yahoo has a limit on how many are in a group.

Back