TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Driver & Tour Driver

That's I was thinking. I would like near driver length in my 3w and that HL version may be what I need to get it off the deck. Then inch into that 3-4w range with my 3 hybrid and so on.

My impression is that it's in the FW/Hybo's.

I just talked to one of the golftec instructors at my golftec location today (not my instructor who's a long drive competitor, a mere mortal). He was able to hit the RBZ Tour driver the TM rep brought by a week ago. Anyways, he was seeing a ball speed increase of about 5 MPH over his TM Superfast 2.0 driver. That's a pretty significant increase!

I just talked to one of the golftec instructors at my golftec location today (not my instructor who's a long drive competitor, a mere mortal). He was able to hit the RBZ Tour driver the TM rep brought by a week ago. Anyways, he was seeing a ball speed increase of about 5 MPH over his TM Superfast 2.0 driver. That's a pretty significant increase!

Not bad at all, thanks for sharing that.

Well that would probably equal 10 yards for me! I hit 240 yards with 120 ball speed, so 125 BS would likely mean 250 distance...

Very sharp looking drivers for sure! TaylorMade has brought another new "Got to have it" product to the table and I like the looks of this one over their past few items.

Thanks to awesome wife I have 2 fittings at the TaylorMade lab, the RBZ line will get the workout.

wow, that's a pretty big increase! I can't wait to hit this driver.

Question for the forum.

If you could hit the RB 3 wood further than your current driver, would you only carry then 3 wood?

Question for the forum.

If you could hit the RB 3 wood further than your current driver, would you only carry then 3 wood?

Yeah, but I would try the RBZ driver as well.

Question for the forum.

For sure I would. It would also give me more space in my bag for an extra hybrid or wedge.

Yeah, but I would try the RBZ driver as well.

If I could hit the 3 wood around 250-260. Screw the driver! I will be in the middle of the fairway all day long.

If I could hit the 3 wood around 250-260. Screw the driver! I will be in the middle of the fairway all day long.

Yup...agreed

Great point!

Question for the forum.

Absolutely not. I would know that either my current driver was not fit well for me, or my driver swing was not very good compared to my 3 wood swing. All things equal, the driver should be able to hit the ball farther than the 3 wood. I would bag the 3 wood, but then go to work on my driver.

One other thing: I'm actually interested in trying out the driver along with the fairway woods. On my R11 driver right now, I've got everything set at standard right now in terms of face angle, ASP, and the weights. I'm thinking that I may not need all of the adjustability features of the R11 or R11S, the RBZ may be better for me.

Absolutely not. I would know that either my current driver was not fit well for me, or my driver swing was not very good compared to my 3 wood swing. All things equal, the driver should be able to hit the ball farther than the 3 wood. I would bag the 3 wood, but then go to work on my driver.

One other thing: I'm actually interested in trying out the driver along with the fairway woods. On my R11 driver right now, I've got everything set at standard right now in terms of face angle, ASP, and the weights. I'm thinking that I may not need all of the adjustability features of the R11 or R11S, the RBZ may be better for me.

Yeah the driver is suppose to be longer, but the 3 wood is more consistent. They say these clubs are longer, so that could equal up to other drivers. The RBZ driver might be longer too.

Tapatalkin

I'm more worried about the reports of this thing being just okay off the deck.

Yeah the driver is suppose to be longer, but the 3 wood is more consistent. They say these clubs are longer, so that could equal up to other drivers. The RBZ driver might be longer too.

Tapatalkin

And that is the reason why the Mashie FW is still the #1 ponder for me, then the RBZ. If I can't hit it off of the deck, then it may not find its way into my bag.

Frank, how are you usually with hitting a 3W off the deck?

I do alright with it. It bails me out a lot and I can get my G20 up in the air. I mean it's all relative but with my lessons I'm doing better. Really what I'm thinking is that this could be a driver off the deck where some people are thinking I can tee up a 3W and get driver distance.

Frank, how are you usually with hitting a 3W off the deck?

That's why if I get this I'll be carrying two woods. This for off the tee and my 4 wood for off the deck. That would be great.

I'll be carrying Mashie 3W and maybe one of these too.

Question for the forum.

I think you'll see it's people say yes but in actuality I doubt anyone can give up on a driver for their bag. Especially if the RBZ driver is as good as the FW appears to be

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I hope this is as long (comparitively) as the woods are. That would be insane.

Definitely gonna have to check out the driver against my Burner 1.0. I don't need a lot of adjustments but the loft would be nice. I could get the 9.5 and play around with the loft to see what gave me the most distance.

Back