Bettinardi Studio B Fitting

I know it's not nearly as technical, but golf galaxy does putter fittings for like $20

I probably need to do one of these....I was in the camp that thought I was more SBST, but just using the Iping app it shows something different.....I think it's cool that used the app there....I agree with what you said ddec, that kind shows how good it is if Bettinardi is using it.

man I gotta find a place that I can get this done. That's such a sweet process and really eye opening!

man I gotta find a place that I can get this done. That's such a sweet process and really eye opening!

there is 3 places you can go. Check out Bettinardi.com to find there Studio B locations. The main HQ is in a suburb of Chicago. There is one in Naples Florida and Minnetonka MN. So take a trip get it done. It's well worth it. Heck maybe some can make the trip while at the outing. Not sure how far Naples is from Orlando but might be worth checking.

there is 3 places you can go. Check out Bettinardi.com to find there Studio B locations. The main HQ is in a suburb of Chicago. There is one in Naples Florida and Minnetonka MN. So take a trip get it done. It's well worth it. Heck maybe some can make the trip while at the outing. Not sure how far Naples is from Orlando but might be worth checking.
Yeah, problem is I am in Washington State :/ Though, checking on the Chicago location, it's only 20 minutes from our warehouse in Joliet. I know where I'm going next time I'm out there for work!!!

Howzat - great job on all the videos and photos! I am extremely envious of the fitting that you guys were close enough to take advantage of the fitting offer that was extended to us.

This definitely has me pondering what I would have been fitted into, but no time for doubting now.

Again, great job and recap by both of you; Bettinardi Golf has gone above and beyond all expectations and we are extremely lucky.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Just read through this entire thread, and watched all the videos, and it is jam packed with great information. Jut seeing what a proper fitting entails makes me want to experience one like this even more. Thanks Howzat and P4B for taking the time to put this all together for the rest of us. I know that we all appreciated it immensely.

Great work guys. Maybe I need to open a Betti shop up here in Canada ... lol

Tons of great info here guys. Great job!

Fantastic pics, vids, and recaps Jake and Howzat! You guys make me want to go get a putter fitting...and a Bettinardi.

I'm going to post this on FB on the MC fan page.

Wanted to walk everyone through my experience with the Bettinardi Studio B fitting. First I want to thank our fitter Brent. He is very knowledgeable and you can tell he really enjoys using the software. He gave us a real tour like experience and made sure we were comfortable with everything before he let us leave.

My preconceived notions: I have been working hard on my putting the last few months and trying to adopt a more upright (think Pat O’Brien type stance). I have used the iPing app before and knew I had a strong arc to my stoke going in. My miss tends to be a push. I figured I would get fit for a taller putter (maybe 36” as I am 6’2”) and one with a lot of toe hang. My other preconceived notion was that my posture was good and my back was at a 45* angle.

We started by having me roll a few putt with my current putter, which is a Bettinardi Box Car Proto. Brent was able to diagnosis the push that has been haunting me for some time right away. He liked how my arms hang naturally but noticed that the length and lie needed to be adjusted to get the ball under my eyes as they were too far inside. Brent (with my permission of course) bent my current putter more upright and had me choke down to where a 34” putter would be. Instantly the push was gone, my eyes were over the ball, and we did not change anything with the posture I had worked so hard to achieve. My posture before the change had my back at a 55* angle per the tools Brent had at his disposal, and after the adjustments I was where I wanted to be at right around 45*.

Since I knew my stroke type before the fitting was a strong arc and Brent could see this on the screen we didn’t pull out the iPing app until this point in the fitting. Brent didn’t really tell me why but he set it up and said I would be interested to see this. I took 5 putts with the iPing app attached to the putter. With only changing the loft and lie my stroke went from a strong arc to a slight arc. Getting my eye over the ball had me to the point where I am now almost a SBST putter.

Armed with all this new information we went back to the putter rack and sorted through the options. The Queen B1 and the SS10 are the two that caught my eye and fit my stroke. I am not a fan of traditional blades and prefer a small mallet. The Queen B1 is nice and heavy coming in at 360g. It has the honeycomb face and to me was just not as nice as the F.I.T. face on the SS10. Both putters have a plumber’s neck that will help keep my push from creeping back in. I likely rolled about 35-40 putts switching back between the two and in the end the feel and looks of the SS10 won me over. This is likely the last putter I would have ordered if I weren’t able to have this opportunity.

Last but not least he has me roll a few more putts after adjusting the SS10 to fit my specs. We checked the rollout and found that the ball started rolling immediately after impact which is just what we wanted as the greens at my home course tend to be fairly quick. Therefore no need to adjust the loft.

Thanks so much to Bettinardi golf for the eye opening experience. I would recommend it to anyone regardless of experience level, as I am positive it will make me a better putter.

My specs:

Length:
Current Putter: 35"
Recommended 34"

Lie Angle:
Current Putter: 71*
Recommended: 73*

Loft:
Current Putter 4*
Recommended 3*

Some Pix of the Studio Stock 10 that I was fitted to:

DSC04427.jpg

DSC04426.jpg

DSC04425.jpg

DSC04424.jpg

Glad you had an awesome time Howzat! Seems like you learned a lot too. Great write up! Awesome job fellas!

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

OK this thread is awesome! Howzat and Jake, so happy you guys got to experience this. Also a little jealous. Jake the video of your stroke is great. I love how surprised you are at your arc.

That was just an amazing writeup P4B, holy cow. Fantastic.

YOu guys did an awesome job. THank you for all of the info!! One-T is in love with his Queen B already

Chunky thinks he needs a putter fitting

Looks like an amazing experience I was just now able to sit down and watch all the videos. GREAT stuff! One of these days I am making a trip to the studio in Chicago after seeing yours and Bullfrogs experiences. Truly amazing.

Congratulations gentlemen! Great experience for you and thanks for sharing. :)

Can we petition for a Raleigh Studio B location?

Haha I think it would be a great fit. Heck put it right in Pinehurst. How cool would that be?

Another nice recap Howzat and that is a nice looking putter in the SS10. I am jealous...but it is great for the both of you to KNOW that you have the right flat stick when standing over a crucial putt.

I guess you can call it even since one member of each team was able to go through a fitting. :D

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Another nice recap Howzat and that is a nice looking putter in the SS10. I am jealous...but it is great for the both of you to KNOW that you have the right flat stick when standing over a crucial putt.

I guess you can call it even since one member of each team was able to go through a fitting. :D

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I guess that does make it even. I do feel like I have a secret weapon or something after going through the fitting.

Can we petition for a Raleigh Studio B location?

Uh, yes please. Along with a few other things, like a golf dome.

So I'm thinking I better set up an appointment with studio b considering we have one here in the Twin Cities. All this talk about fittings and seeing how great they are makes me " green" with envy.

Back