Bridgestone J40 Wedges

I want these. But going from conforming to non conforming makes me think I'm going to lose alot of spin

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Do you mean going from non conforming to confirming? Did you read my views or watch my videos. These wedges spin more then any other wedge I've played.

Do you mean going from non conforming to confirming? Did you read my views or watch my videos. These wedges spin more then any other wedge I've played.

Yeah I'm backwards. Hope so. Just ordered a 58* lol. Soon I'm gona need a Bridgestone bag lol

Long drive to the Bronx...lol...I am liking your head first charge into this MK, just make sure your taking advantage of the info on hear and all of their options....and yes you will need to get a staffer

Yeah I'm backwards. Hope so. Just ordered a 58* lol. Soon I'm gona need a Bridgestone bag lol

I love them in the black oxide. Needless to say, they look very nice.

Well, I finally decided to go with the satin finish in 50, 54, and 58 for the Morgan Cup. From what I have read, the DG Spinners offer a lower ball flight with increased spin.

I have never hit a club with a spinner shaft and really looking forward to seeing how they work for me and how they compare to a standard wedge shaft. Maybe Tadashi will let me hit his in a few weeks and I can get a feel for them.

I know that Matty just got his in this week so looking forward to his thoughts as well once he is able to get out with them.

What do I know? They look absolutely amazing and I am anxious to have them in the bag!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Well, I finally decided to go with the satin finish in 50, 54, and 58 for the Morgan Cup. From what I have read, the DG Spinners offer a lower ball flight with increased spin.

I have never hit a club with a spinner shaft and really looking forward to seeing how they work for me and how they compare to a standard wedge shaft. Maybe Tadashi will let me hit his in a few weeks and I can get a feel for them.

I know that Matty just got his in this week so looking forward to his thoughts as well once he is able to get out with them.

What do I know? They look absolutely amazing and I am anxious to have them in the bag!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Good choice cookie. I think you're really Going to like those shafts. They feel much different from any stock shaft

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Took mine to gg last night to have them extended and the 52 bend to 50. 2 gg employees commented how good they look. I let the club builder swing one in the sim so he did all the work for free. Both said they are going to look into them and they wish gg carried Bridgestone

These wedges got a good work out yesterday as I missed 8 of 18 greens in various position and shots around the green. I also used them a few times from 80 to 40 yes out on 5pars and shorter 4pars.
I've said it before and will say it again, the sole on these wegdes is incredible. I literally played every shot in my head and the wedges pulled it off. Some of the shots were exactly the way I thought they would and others were very close. Those that were not as close as planned were due to poor distance control on my part combined with the setup of grooves and spinner shafts.
The stopping power of these wedges floors me every time. On two 15 yard pitches I played to my spot in the green with the plan of some release and got check on a dime. Late in the round I started take dead aim at me
target and the results were within the 3' radius of the hole.
One shot in particular, we all have faced it, stands out. I missed the par 4 10th long and left. Pin was back left with a turtle back green. I had a good hanging lie in the rough. No chance for chip and roll, I needed a high flop to check and roll pass pin for uphill putt. I pulled the shot of and ball landed on the green like a butterfly with sore feet. I don't carry any loft greater than 56* so an open 56* produced that result. The beauty is that I didn't have to hit the hero shot. I opened the face a took a
smooth cut based on what I felt I needed. The sole allows one to be
creative with their shot selection, WHEN THEY NEED TO BE. But the everyday shots are always there and these wedges make those shots, special.
I know that all the Bridgestone staffers in the Morgan Cup are going to be over the top pleased with these wedges. I know I am...I just wonder if the there is a difference between the Black and Chrome.

Great stuff Freddie! Cool to hear about that shot on the 10th and pulling it off with the 56 degree. I really like what I am hearing about how the shaft helps create that spin; thanks for the update.

I am completely changing my mindset in how I use wedges going with the 46, 50, 54, 58. Have been playing the 47, 52, 57, 61 setup for sometime now and can see that 54 getting a great workout as I am stuck between the 52 and 57 often times.

Really looking forward to gaming these!!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Great stuff Freddie! Cool to hear about that shot on the 10th and pulling it off with the 56 degree. I really like what I am hearing about how the shaft helps create that spin; thanks for the update.

I am completely changing my mindset in how I use wedges going with the 46, 50, 54, 58. Have been playing the 47, 52, 57, 61 setup for sometime now and can see that 54 getting a great workout as I am stuck between the 52 and 57 often times.

Really looking forward to gaming these!!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

They'll be in the bag when we play and you are welcome to game them the entire round. I'll be bring my Etta wedges so you can commit to the J40s during the round

They'll be in the bag when we play and you are welcome to game them the entire round. I'll be bring my Etta wedges so you can commit to the J40s during the round

That would be awesome - I would love to play them!

And off topic so my apologies, but you can also play my SCOR's to see what they are all about.

Back on topic: I heart Bridgestone. :D

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

That would be awesome - I would love to play them!

And off topic so my apologies, but you can also play my SCOR's to see what they are all about.

Back on topic: I heart Bridgestone. :D

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Book it! I <3 Bstone as well :D

Was hoping to have mine out today
.. stupid snow

nice review Freddie. I too wish Bridgestone was easier to find locally. They make such great stuff but it's so hard to demo any of it.

Well, I have the opportunity to spend some time with the 52 & 56 degree J40's for the foreseeable future as Tadashi and I did a little swapping pre-round yesterday.

I did get to spend some time on the chipping green with these pre-round and came away very impressed. It is not often that I open up the club face for a flop shot but I had immediate success using that technique with these with an attempted carry of anywhere from 4-15 yards.

I had several opportunities to hit the 52 from within 60 yards yesterday and got on the green each time with a chance for birdie. From both about 25 yards once and 55 yards once I played the ball back in my stance with a square club face and executed nice long bump and runs. I used to try and come in higher but I was seeing the ball check up pretty quickly so I was not too afraid to try that shot.

I only had 2 full shots with these yesterday but both were to elevated greens so I did not get to see how the ball reacted on the greens but the results were there. It is going to take a little time to dial in the distances but I already like the turf interaction. My biggest fear is hitting the fat shot with the leading edge digging but I saw nothing of the sort with the few opportunities yesterday.

Really looking forward to seeing how the Spinner shafts react with my approaches into the greens and also seeing if I can continue to open up the 56 degree and hit some of those lob shots - especially from some of the hard barren lies we have here in TX now.

Stay tuned - much more to come!

From both about 25 yards once and 55 yards once I played the ball back in my stance with a square club face and executed nice long bump and runs.
I love these shots with the J40 wedges! They seem to execute that with perfection. Great feedback Cookie, have fun testing those babies out.

looking forward to it Cookie. I loved my time with the J40's

Enjoy them cookie, tell them I miss them and I will see them again.

I have been spending a lot of time at the range with my wedges the last few days and think I am going to go with a PW - 52 - 58 set-up vs. a PW - 50 - 54 - 58 for the Morgan Cup. I been trying different shots with the wedges I have and think the gapping may be to tight for me at 4*. The Variable Bounce Technology should make it easier to open and close the face in order to acheive the desired loft. It will also allow me to add another club at the other end of the bag. Now I just need to decide between Black Oxide or Satin Chrome.

I have been spending a lot of time at the range with my wedges the last few days and think I am going to go with a PW - 52 - 58 set-up vs. a PW - 50 - 54 - 58 for the Morgan Cup. I been trying different shots with the wedges I have and think the gapping may be to tight for me at 4*. The Variable Bounce Technology should make it easier to open and close the face in order to acheive the desired loft. It will also allow me to add another club at the other end of the bag. Now I just need to decide between Black Oxide or Satin Chrome.

Very interesting....and so tempting. I am so easily swayed!!!

I do like the mindset of being able to use those 2 clubs for everything versus trying to have 54 for just 90 yards, etc. Definitely forces you to get creative and become a better shot maker. I have been playing PW (47) followed by 52 and 56 with a good bit of success. Love the idea of opening up that slot at the top of the bag.

Team Hackers tapping!

I took the 60* out of the bag to start the year and have been playing PW(47)-52-56 in my current set so far. I do think I need a 58 vs. the 56 when I am short sided but I will try this for a few weeks and make sure I am comfortable with it. I really like the idea of adding a 4 iron, hybrid or fairway metal.

I miss my wedges!

I took the 60* out of the bag to start the year and have been playing PW(47)-52-56 in my current set so far. I do think I need a 58 vs. the 56 when I am short sided but I will try this for a few weeks and make sure I am comfortable with it. I really like the idea of adding a 4 iron, hybrid or fairway metal.

I like the idea of a 58* but the 56* I have opened gives me so much spin on soft flops

I miss my wedges!

They have been treating me really really well. Really getting comfortable with that 60 yard shot with the 52. Come in low and hot, then stops on a dime. Fun shot to play.

Howzat - I know exactly what you are saying. 52 and 58 really can cover what you need. Would also allow for me to have both the strong 3 and 4 wood in the bag. I really like the sound of that.

Team Hackers tapping!

I like the idea of a 58* but the 56* I have opened gives me so much spin on soft flops

I seem have trouble trying to get the ball to check up with the 56* using range balls anyway. Will have to see if that stays true when the course opens.

Back