What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturdays round was so bad! I shot a 99 with 42, yup 42 putts! That is the worst putting I have ever done. Only 4 pars, had 4 drops with 2 on one hole. I did hit 11 of 14 fairways but only 4 greens. I am glad I ordered a Ping Anser4 which should be here Wednesday. I am also starting my first of 8 lessons this Wednesday, iron striking has to improve or I am going to go crazy.

Played nine today. It was cold as heck out and what made it worse was the real cold north wind that was blowing....brrrr. It was below 0 with the windchill. I thought it was a real stinker because I struggled with tempo all round and I felt odd alignment wise. Shot a +4 but it felt way worse than that. I cannot make a putt with the belly... experiment over. I'm too inconsistent with it and I am having issues with distance control. First putt was an uphill... 14 footer I left it 6' short. I left'em short all day.

Alex

Played the same 9 3 times today shot 41, 39, 38 in that order without the benefit of a single birdie. In 27 holes I did not make a single putt over 6' out, suddenly one of the stongest parts of my game is just the pits. Used 18, 15 & 16 putts in that order, just cannot get very comfortable with the putter for some reason. GIRs were 44.4, 33.3 & 55.6 in that order so up and downs were fairly good. The driver was either very good, or very bad as I too am working on a swing change, the irons and hybrids were pretty good.

Saturdays round was so bad! I shot a 99 with 42, yup 42 putts! That is the worst putting I have ever done. Only 4 pars, had 4 drops with 2 on one hole. I did hit 11 of 14 fairways but only 4 greens. I am glad I ordered a Ping Anser4 which should be here Wednesday. I am also starting my first of 8 lessons this Wednesday, iron striking has to improve or I am going to go crazy.

Woah, VA. V, I thought I was having putter troubles, hang in there buddy it will come back. Good luck with the lessons.

Solid rounds there DD

Solid rounds there DD

Thanks my man, they could have been very good with some better rolls of the ball, I seem to have lost my tempo on putts, got some work to do.

76 on Friday, 76 on Saturday and 78 on Sunday.

I put together a 92 at Oak Creek today. Not great but I'll take it for my first round in two months. Plus, I had a solid Jameson hangover early on. Really cool course.

I was hitting some good shots. Solid off of the tee. I was crushing the Mashie off of the tee..struggled a little from the deck. It'd been a really solid round if I could've polished a few thing up.

Fun day though. Off to Palm Springs tomorrow.

Steel Tappin'

Played the same 9 3 times today shot 41, 39, 38 in that order without the benefit of a single birdie. In 27 holes I did not make a single putt over 6' out, suddenly one of the stongest parts of my game is just the pits. Used 18, 15 & 16 putts in that order, just cannot get very comfortable with the putter for some reason. GIRs were 44.4, 33.3 & 55.6 in that order so up and downs were fairly good. The driver was either very good, or very bad as I too am working on a swing change, the irons and hybrids were pretty good.

Nice rounds DD. I'm with you on the putting right now, it's getting a bit frustrating for me. 17 putts today for a 9 hole 41, I just could not get the putts to drop. Burnt a lot of edges.

Nice rounds DD. I'm with you on the putting right now, it's getting a bit frustrating for me. 17 putts today for a 9 hole 41, I just could not get the putts to drop. Burnt a lot of edges.

That's exactly what I am talking about duey, get the putts down to 14 or 15 and it is a very good side, right now I know that is impossible with my putting stroke.

That's exactly what I am talking about duey, get the putts down to 14 or 15 and it is a very good side, right now I know that is impossible with my putting stroke.

I don't think mine has a lot of chance to come down until spring when I can be out there more often for some serious work. We do have mid to upper 50's in store tomorrow, so I'm going out early and practice prior to my round. SeeMore suggested I spend about twenty minutes just hitting straight putts over and over and over, just building the line into my mind I guess, so we'll see how that goes tomorrow.

I don't think mine has a lot of chance to come down until spring when I can be out there more often for some serious work. We do have mid to upper 50's in store tomorrow, so I'm going out early and practice prior to my round. SeeMore suggested I spend about twenty minutes just hitting straight putts over and over and over, just building the line into my mind I guess, so we'll see how that goes tomorrow.

Good luck Duey!

I shot a 121 today, at least that was the score at the end for 17 holes. I shot a 46 on the front, stopped and had a beer and some lunch and then shat the back nine. There wasn't a single thing worth remembering about it. Hell 15 I just gave up on after blading the ball back and forth across the green 6 times. Once I start messing up, it just gets in my head.

GOLF: Greatest Of Life's Frustrations!

I shot a 121 today, at least that was the score at the end for 17 holes. I shot a 46 on the front, stopped and had a beer and some lunch and then shat the back nine. There wasn't a single thing worth remembering about it. Hell 15 I just gave up on after blading the ball back and forth across the green 6 times. Once I start messing up, it just gets in my head.

GOLF: Greatest Of Life's Frustrations!

Keep your head in there bud, it can be frustrating at times but don't give up on it!

Alright, I had a pretty successful day. I shot a 42 on the front, one of my best. We had a 1:12 tee time at Shadow Ridge in Palm Springs. Beautiful. I played so well on the front without even hitting my driver particularly solid - that might be the most encouraging part!

I ended up carding a 45 on the back for a solid 87. I hit a few haywire shots on the back but still pulled it together a bit. Finished par/par on 17/18 in the near dark.

Keep in mind, yesterday was my first round in 2 months! So, I'm thrilled with shooting a 42 on the front and happy with the overall 87.

Course played about 6205.

I've attached a picture of my lovely front 9! I'm 'P'.

Steel Tappin'

Shot another 91 (44/47) on a course that I haven't played before. My irons were good, yet again, but my tee game was on-and-off. Putting was alright today, lots of 2-putts, but my inconsistent tee game really hurt me today.

Note to self: Practice fairway bunker shots.

Nice shooting Steel! Your card looks similar to mine where a few doubles runs you from a 38 or 39 to low 40's.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Alright, I had a pretty successful day. I shot a 42 on the front, one of my best. We had a 1:12 tee time at Shadow Ridge in Palm Springs. Beautiful. I played so well on the front without even hitting my driver particularly solid - that might be the most encouraging part!

I ended up carding a 45 on the back for a solid 87. I hit a few haywire shots on the back but still pulled it together a bit. Finished par/par on 17/18 in the near dark.

Keep in mind, yesterday was my first round in 2 months! So, I'm thrilled with shooting a 42 on the front and happy with the overall 87.

Course played about 6205.

I've attached a picture of my lovely front 9! I'm 'P'.

Steel Tappin'

Nice job Steel! Great front 9 after 2 months off buddy!

Nice shooting Steel! Your card looks similar to mine where a few doubles runs you from a 38 or 39 to low 40's.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

No doubt. 9 was a bad double. I hit a good drive but caught a bad break and ended up hitting off of a hillside. I pitched it back to the fairway. From there, the drive had me a little flustered and I pushed a pitching wedge off to the right of the green. Just silly lapses led to those doubles on the front - I was striking the ball well enough that it really should've been a 37 or 38.

I'll take it though.

Steel Tappin'

started off red hot with 4 pars in a row
then i duff one shot and my confidence goes out the window and i fall apart
at least i broke a hundred today

Nice going Steel, Nate & b_r any day on the golf course is a day well spent.

91 (47-44) at Shingle Creek on 12/22
86 (46-40) at ChampionsGate Intl on 12/29
114 (55-59) at Alaqua Country Club on 1/6

Game was feeling good, starting to get drives in the fairway (normally not the case). 91 and 86 could have been better but short game (normally best part) started going downhill. Then the 114 happened! 14 penalties, all over the place. Bad tee shots, bad approaches, bad chips, missed putts. Just not a good day of golf. Swing did not feel good all day. When I finally did hit a good shot and thought maybe I was back, put next shot in water/woods.

Frustrating game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back