Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I BOMBED a drive today. I went to it a lasered back to the tee, and it was 295 on a flat hole! I've never even been close to that before. Ridiculous.

Nice! I hit a drive 320 with roll into the Simulator at Golf Galaxy yesterday, but I take that with a grain of salt :D. That's a big drive though man, congrats.

Got a hole-in-one today. Obviously a par 3 120 yards. Back left pin so it played about 130. Bounced once and went right in! Also, first post:act-up:.
:welcome: AND Congrats on the Hole in One!

Nice going WE, I did that during a round a couple of weeks back and then cjipped in one just one week later, you may have another coming very soon buddy.
Thanks DD, I hope I see another one soon!

Got a hole-in-one today. Obviously a par 3 120 yards. Back left pin so it played about 130. Bounced once and went right in! Also, first post:act-up:.

Very noice, welcome to the club

the only thing working in my bag today was my driver
hit a big one on #11 to the tune of 282 and actually ran out of fw... it was wind assisted flat and dry but ill take it all day long

52GW 3rd shot from 105 uphill into a slight breeze, ball hits 10 feet past the hole and spun back to within 3 feet, made the putt. Birdie on a very long par 5. How long was it? I hit the ball pretty far off the tee but when I went to check the nearest sprinkler head for the yardage for my second shot it had "Call 911" marked on the sprinkler - very funny. A solid 3 wood got me to within 105.

Pushed my 7-iron shot on the par 3 11th just over the water, under some trees. This is the hardest spot on the course to chip from. The rough is this, ground solid, and tree roots everywhere. I had a nasty lie under some grass and against a root. I stood and pondered this shot for 3 minutes or so, and probably took 40 practice swings. I decided to open the face WAY up, like 45* open, and hit steep down at it and pop it out with no follow through. It worked. Flew incredibly high and almost hit a branch, 6 feet from the hole. Made the putt.

75 yard Wedge from the rough on the 18th par 5 at a course in Mckinney, stuck it pretty close, and made the 10 foot putt for birdie. finished my best round of the year.

Pushed my 7-iron shot on the par 3 11th just over the water, under some trees. This is the hardest spot on the course to chip from. The rough is this, ground solid, and tree roots everywhere. I had a nasty lie under some grass and against a root. I stood and pondered this shot for 3 minutes or so, and probably took 40 practice swings. I decided to open the face WAY up, like 45* open, and hit steep down at it and pop it out with no follow through. It worked. Flew incredibly high and almost hit a branch, 6 feet from the hole. Made the putt.

great recovery!

i had none. zero. zilcharoony
it was that kinda day

Played yesterday and pushed my opening drive into a fairway bunker about 145 yards out. I hit a baby draw with an 8 iron that landed almost pin high but bounced just off the back of the green because the greens were still a little frozen. I think on a summer day it would have stayed on the green. I was happy that I picked it clean and didn't chunk it out or even leave it in the bunker.

I hit a really nice 5-iron on a 194 yard par 3. It was a bit of a sucker pin, tucked in the back right corner and protected by a bunker. I flushed it though and put it in the center of the green, about 12 feet away. Missed the birdie but I'll take the par on that one.

Steel Tappin'

My very first swing of the day. No warm up, just pulled up to the tee box, took a couple pre-swings and hit the ball 240 dead center in the fw. 240 is not big by any standard, but for my first swing and on a very tough par 5, I was elated.

143 yard Par 3. Hit the tree 20 yards off the green and dropped into dirt. Took an 8 iron and chipped in for birdie. Sweet.

143 yard Par 3. Hit the tree 20 yards off the green and dropped into dirt. Took an 8 iron and chipped in for birdie. Sweet.
Awesome, Smalls! Gotta love making birdie the hard way!

My very first swing of the day. No warm up, just pulled up to the tee box, took a couple pre-swings and hit the ball 240 dead center in the fw. 240 is not big by any standard, but for my first swing and on a very tough par 5, I was elated.
I hit my drives pretty good today, but 240 is still a nice drive for me. Good job, duey.

Too cool, great 1st post, oh and congrats on the HIO too. :D

Woo hoo, way to stay with it Smallie, lots of folks don't even give it a good try on the next shot after something like that.

Woo hoo, way to stay with it Smallie, lots of folks don't even give it a good try on the next shot after something like that.
Funny thing is, I've played shots from there before. I don't think I ever hit that tree though (if I had missed the tree I would have been 40 yards to the right of the green because I hit it way high in the tree!).

111m (121 yards), Par 3 5th at Royal Johannesburg & Kensington East Course.

Downhill hole, with the flag near the front of quite soft greens (we've had lots of rain in Johannesburg lately and it was early in the morning).

Pulled out the 56 deg, took an easy swing and was 6 inches from a hole in one. Note the pitch mark in the photo.

5th%20East-small.jpg

I'd have to give myself a tie today. I finished par/par on 17 & 18 in the dark. Had my Tiger Woods moments.

17 was a 135 yard par 3. Hit a nice little pitching wedge that drew back in and left me a 20 footer uphill. 2-putted for a par.

18 probably featured my actual shot of the day. I hit a nice drive on a long par 4 and left myself about 170, again in the dark. I pulled out a 5 iron and struck it well, putting it within 10 feet. Again, I missed the birdie putt but it was a wonderful approach shot.

Steel Tappin'

I'd have to give myself a tie today. I finished par/par on 17 & 18 in the dark. Had my Tiger Woods moments.

17 was a 135 yard par 3. Hit a nice little pitching wedge that drew back in and left me a 20 footer uphill. 2-putted for a par.

18 probably featured my actual shot of the day. I hit a nice drive on a long par 4 and left myself about 170, again in the dark. I pulled out a 5 iron and struck it well, putting it within 10 feet. Again, I missed the birdie putt but it was a wonderful approach shot.

Steel Tappin'
You picked up a Waffle House waitress and got chased by a woman with a golf club?

(Nice shots, too! hehehe)

Had a nice 15 foot putt for par today.

You picked up a Waffle House waitress and got chased by a woman with a golf club?

(Nice shots, too! hehehe)

Haha, touché. I prefer Perkins though.

Steel Tappin'

Best shot i've ever hit? Was the very first shot i ever hit with my Taylormade R9 3w :) It was a 250 yd Par 3, smoked that ball to 12 feet and then (honestly got lucky) and sunk the put which was a left to right (im righty) ive never experienced something so pure!

Best shot i've ever hit? Was the very first shot i ever hit with my Taylormade R9 3w :) It was a 250 yd Par 3, smoked that ball to 12 feet and then (honestly got lucky) and sunk the put which was a left to right (im righty) ive never experienced something so pure!
Actually, this thread is for the best shot of your round, not your life. But that's a heckuva 250 yard shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back