Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pondering of a 4W is over with the purchase of a Black 3W which is 16*. That's very 4W like and should do the job.

Nice man let me know how you like it

Nice Kev. I'm also interested to see how you like it. Golf Galaxy didn't have any of the black woods, so I haven't been able to hit em.

I used to be the same way until I found a 3w this year that I was real comfortable with. When mc came around and I had the razr 3 wood, I was a mess. Couldnt hit it off the tee or turf.

I think the sole of the masie fw will help a lot of people who fear or have issues hitting a fairway wood off the turf. The j40 is just a great stick all around.

I hear ya dd, I'm just SUPER torn. The turf interaction doesnt scare me with them, i do wonder if the J40 would be more effective off the tee though.

My pondering of a 4W is over with the purchase of a Black 3W which is 16*. That's very 4W like and should do the job.

That IS pretty much a 4w Kevin, nice grab! Cant wait to hear what you think.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Nice Kev. I'm also interested to see how you like it. Golf Galaxy didn't have any of the black woods, so I haven't been able to hit em.

Mine has 3 but all 5W's with seniors flex. The Black line is just so badass looking

1. You pondering is never over.

2. I had my choice of the FL in 15* and 17*. I hit them both on the sim and liked the 17* much better, was actually hitting it further (but then again it was a sim). My issue now is with having the Mashie M1 at 15.5* then a 17* fairway wood, have to figure out when to use what. Im kind of baffled with this.

2. I had my choice of the FL in 15* and 17*. I hit them both on the sim and liked the 17* much better, was actually hitting it further (but then again it was a sim). My issue now is with having the Mashie M1 at 15.5* then a 17* fairway wood, have to figure out when to use what. Im kind of baffled with this.

Now thats quite the ponder sir.

You are correct. Who was I trying to kid.

That is one of those awesome problems. When to hit which club because ei have to skany

Now thats quite the ponder sir.
Indeed. I have hybrids of 15.5* and 19* and a fairway wood of 17*.

The Mashie M1 is new to me, havent hit it yet, and I know how I hit the FL 3W. I am not a fairway wood from the deck hitter, so I think the fairway wood from the tee and the mashie off the deck.

I am curious as to what kind of distance I will have out of the Mashie.

Indeed. I have hybrids of 15.5* and 19* and a fairway wood of 17*.

The Mashie M1 is new to me, havent hit it yet, and I know how I hit the FL 3W. I am not a fairway wood from the deck hitter, so I think the fairway wood from the tee and the mashie off the deck.

Well, there you go. Problem solved. I want to ponder, but am really waiting after my fitting on Monday to ponder a new driver.

My local golf store is having their annual 1/2 price re-gripping sale starting Friday Jan. 19th.

To put it plainly I don't like the newer Taylor Made stock grips. They are similar to Golf Pride Tour Velvet but they seem much harsher on the hands in that they seem to grab and pull on the skin way more.

I am pondering what to replace them with - Tour Wrap G2, New Decade, or VDR or...

Kari just sent me images of two designs I'd asked him to change if he could....holy jeebus.

I have the j40 4 wood. I like it but cause its 16* but same length as a 3 wood. Bombs off the tee!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I have the j40 4 wood. I like it but cause its 16* but same length as a 3 wood. Bombs off the tee!

I forgot you got the 4 Matty!

Like it off the tee and off the deck? If I go that way I'm thinking about having B'Stone shorten it 1/2 to 1 inch.

I forgot you got the 4 Matty!

Like it off the tee and off the deck? If I go that way I'm thinking about having B'Stone shorten it 1/2 to 1 inch.

Too me best of both. Liked my Nike off the tee. But not off the deck. The bigger j40 head just screams confidence .

Ponder: J40 irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go figure!! I wish I could afford them. Hope my j38s are like a half sister if the j40s

Too me best of both. Liked my Nike off the tee. But not off the deck. The bigger j40 head just screams confidence .

Yeah the size intrigues me for sure, its king of that against the principles behind the new Mashie right now. I think I'm really and truly leaning J40 though.

Contact Blind9. That's all I'll say WE.

Yeah the size intrigues me for sure, its king of that against the principles behind the new Mashie right now. I think I'm really and truly leaning J40 though.

Contact Blind9. That's all I'll say WE.

Just do it!!!

Pondering off-loading my SuperTri and grabbing the VRS when it hits the shelves.

Pondering off-loading my SuperTri and grabbing the VRS when it hits the shelves.

Did you hit the VRS down in FL?

No the driver was not in. Just the 2 iron sets.

So you think the driver is that good to hawkponder it already?

So you think the driver is that good to hawkponder it already?

for me, yup. I've really liked Nike drivers in the past. The one thing I wasn't crazy about the STR8 fit system was at annoyingly large ferrule. But now that they have revamped that, I may give it a shot.

for me, yup. I've really liked Nike drivers in the past. The one thing I wasn't crazy about the STR8 fit system was at annoyingly large ferrule. But now that they have revamped that, I may give it a shot.

Fair enough dude. I think it looks pretty dang good too and might be pondering it if the RBZ drivers didnt sound so promising.

Fair enough dude. I think it looks pretty dang good too and might be pondering it if the RBZ drivers didnt sound so promising.

The RBZ sounds promising. I'm not going to buy before I hit them. I'm just debating on dumping the Supertri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back